Bennetts League Debut for Norwich

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems he came on as sub against Wigan. Did well with some good moves, good luck to him for the rest of the season. Hopefully they will sell him for shit loads in a year or so..

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
From the highlights, Norwich looked like they were lucky to get a draw. Not the best start so far for the promoted teams.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
From the highlights, Norwich looked like they were lucky to get a draw. Not the best start so far for the promoted teams.

motd did a hatchet job on us with the editing. everyone unhappy who watched the game and what they decided to miss out. we had a bit of fortune but then again we were on the road and didn't need to cheat to score. motd even left out bennett's cross for holt. a lot of nerves in the team, and would have won the game had holt been as clinical as usual.

and a point at wigan is a great start for me. very few teams won there last season.

Mark Jones

Jan 28, 2011
No surprise MOTD didn't show all our good moments. I'm glad everyone thinks we're down already, hopefully the opposing players Will too every week!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Norwich are going down....Their fans are deluded to think otherwise

Cobblers.

It won't be easy obviously, but they are a well run club with a good manager who has made some shrewd acquisitions, so I wouldn't write them off quite as quickly.

QPR are a mess, Blackburn are going to struggle, as will Wigan and Swansea. There are plenty of more likely candidates than Norwich for the drop IMO.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
motd did a hatchet job on us with the editing. everyone unhappy who watched the game and what they decided to miss out. we had a bit of fortune but then again we were on the road and didn't need to cheat to score. motd even left out bennett's cross for holt. a lot of nerves in the team, and would have won the game had holt been as clinical as usual.

and a point at wigan is a great start for me. very few teams won there last season.

Yep, I agree, not balanced coverage. Plus too much analysis throughout. At least they keep it brief and to the point on the football league show..

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Norwich have every chance of surviving. Good manager and squad all pulling together.
Don't forget, if they need to invest, they can dip into their feeder club ( BHA ) for the next bit of talent coming along.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Mate of mine is a big Norwich fan and he says they're in debt to the tune of over £20 Million and in fact were forced to sell land outside of Carrow Road in late 2010 to repay additional debts on top of this - otherwise they could have been looking at starting the new season with a -10 point deduction and without the few players they have bought in...Hardly a model we should be looking to emulate.

In addition, they have spent, what many of their fans consider to be alot of money on totally unproven premier league players and bought in players such as Morrison, Bennett and Pilkington with the latter two having never played in the Championship, let alone the Premier League.

If fans are looking their own club to emulate anyone it should be Wolves. They have zero debt and have bought in good players from both at home and Europe for good prices.

Easy - I agree with you about QPR - they look in an absolute state at the moment, but Blackburn & Wigan always struggle through and I think they'll do enough again this year...I reckon it'll be Norwich, QPR and possibly Newcastle who will struggle this season.

The club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports