[Albion] Bennetts Field

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You rarely get granted at the first attempt
I never really understood why the hotel / health proposal project was only given one go with no appeal. Always struck me as odd we did all that work, then didn't either resubmit with some revisions, as some of the planning committee comments were positive, or appeal it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I never really understood why the hotel / health proposal project was only given one go with no appeal. Always struck me as odd we did all that work, then didn't either resubmit with some revisions, as some of the planning committee comments were positive, or appeal it.

I think it was barely viable as a project in the first place so probably thought it wasn't worth the hassle.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We got Lamptey and Gilmour for great prices. We have been loaned Levi Colwill to provide defensive cover and may eventually be able to buy him. We received £20 million (?) compensation for losing Potter and his mates.

I thought Potter was brilliant for our club and I'm disappointed that he was poached and 5 members of staff.
But in reality it was always going to happen eventually and I don't think we've been completely ripped off. I'm sure it could have been a lot worse.
I'm very happy with the appointment of RDZ.

We need to stop moaning about Chelsea and accept we are a development club for clubs in England and Europe that are much bigger than us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We got Lamptey and Gilmour for great prices. We have been loaned Levi Colwill to provide defensive cover and may eventually be able to buy him. We received £20 million (?) compensation for losing Potter and his mates.

I thought Potter was brilliant for our club and I'm disappointed that he was poached and 5 members of staff.
But in reality it was always going to happen eventually and I don't think we've been completely ripped off. I'm sure it could have been a lot worse.

We need to stop moaning about Chelsea and accept we are a development club for clubs in England and Europe that are much bigger than us.
Ok but weird post for a Bennett’s field planning application thread 🙃

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So assuming Matthew Bennett will come back with a revised application with 250 student units in instead of 400 and say they’ve taken the committee’s recommendations onboard etc..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So assuming Matthew Bennett will come back with a revised application with 250 student units in instead of 400 and say they’ve taken the committee’s recommendations onboard etc..
Was there any recommendations, might have been a universal no with no positives to grasp?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Rhubarb

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn’t Bennett’s Field in Lewes?
Thanks. It was the council.

52C1F93A-1308-4D0F-95B2-B0B17ACC3C8C.png

The applicant can now go straight to appeal with The Planning Inspectorate.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m sure TB is keeping his powder dry. If PP is totally rejected where does that leave Farmer Bennett having lost a good chunk of rental income from BHA who will be in no hurry to resurrect the deal without a significant discount?

Did the Albion formally object?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports