Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benn V Eubank - Gladiators

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone see it last night on Channel 5.

Benn V Eubank 3 - they had a week with Gladiator trainers learning the skills and life and times of Gladiators. Had 5 tests during the week which Benn won 3-2 allowing him to enter the arena for the big fight first.

Apparently Benn trained for 2 months before wheras Eubank strolled along in his Jodhpurs and Monacle without training or taking it seriously.

Benn wanted to win so bad it was embarrassing showing he has not moved on in 10 years, Eubank tried but it was not that important to him.

Kicked off a couple of times with Benn giving it large. He is an animal and a loose cannon.

Anyway Benn won the fight 2-0 with Eubank crying off the 3rd fight through injury.

However Eubank come out as the more graceful, eloguent and rounded individual and after all he pummelled Benn in the first fight in 1990, enough said.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I saw it, good programme and I think that alot of the kicking off was just for the cameras to be honest.

Eubank is quality entertainment and im looking forward to the fly on the wall series starting tomorrow.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Absolute genius idea - one of the best things I have seen on TV in ages. My Favourite bit was when they both had to carry the sand bags around for 2 laps as a punishment for being late. When Eubank tried to go past Benn he just flipped started sprinting shouting COME ON THEN! COME ON THEN. Fantastic. Some of the looks Benn gave Eubank were priceless he clearly genuinely hates his guts. He must have been thinking about that defeat every day for the past 10 years.

Eubank is an idiot though - reciting Poetry indeed.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I dont think Benn hates him and at the end it was obvious that they are actually pretty good friends and that they respect each other big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here