Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Benitez Sacked

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
What I will say about his time at Everton is that his Everton team that beat us in August were by far the best team we've played this season, IMHO. We were never in that game at any point. Totally outclassed. And that's the only game this season where that has happened to us.

He seemed to get off to a good start there. What went wrong?
What's going on with Richarlison not playing for last two months for example? Injured, or fall out with Benitez?

He does seem to have a history of short term stays at clubs I see. I still think he's built a career over here off the back of that Champions League final turnaround game.

I didn’t think Everton were that good that day. We were severely hamstrung by having no wingbacks available. We had no pace and they did. We missed some pretty good chances. They scored one and the pen was an unfit Veltman chucked on at left back and completely unsuited. I got a lovely speech from an Everton fan telling me Brighton should be just about okay this season and Everton were quality.

We bossed possession but it was too slow and they attacked us quickly. They Desevred to win but we were hamstrung by injuries.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I didn’t think Everton were that good that day. We were severely hamstrung by having no wingbacks available. We had no pace and they did. We missed some pretty good chances. They scored one and the pen was an unfit Veltman chucked on at left back and completely unsuited. I got a lovely speech from an Everton fan telling me Brighton should be just about okay this season and Everton were quality.

We bossed possession but it was too slow and they attacked us quickly. They Desevred to win but we were hamstrung by injuries.

If we’d had Lamptey and Cucurella playing that game would have been completely different. It would still have been different with either March or Burn available to fill in at left wingback and a fit Veltman playing on the right (instead of covering on the left). Everton did well to ruthlessly exploit our weakness that day.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
“Tone, I am writing 70 emails simultaneously at the minute”

“Yeah about Sussex OB’s instructions on Friday”

“Can you tell Graham to take this one and rule himself out, haven’t got the time”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What I will say about his time at Everton is that his Everton team that beat us in August were by far the best team we've played this season, IMHO. We were never in that game at any point. Totally outclassed. And that's the only game this season where that has happened to us.

He seemed to get off to a good start there. What went wrong?
What's going on with Richarlison not playing for last two months for example? Injured, or fall out with Benitez?

He does seem to have a history of short term stays at clubs I see. I still think he's built a career over here off the back of that Champions League final turnaround game.

Former Liverpool player on radio 5 today (good pundit, scouser, black-framed spectacles, forget his name) said that Rafa is cold as a maneger and has no rapport with players, and the training sessions are very serious and not at all fun. Basically a prickly old school type, with hopeless people skills. He's entirely inflexible and does not do discussion.

This sort of malarkey can get you down.

Benitez and Maureen haven't kept up. I'm a bit surprised that the wrinkly jock at Wet Sham has kept up, but he has. That said, I did laugh a bit this afternoon. :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we’d had Lamptey and Cucurella playing that game would have been completely different. It would still have been different with either March or Burn available to fill in at left wingback and a fit Veltman playing on the right (instead of covering on the left). Everton did well to ruthlessly exploit our weakness that day.

Ruthlessly exploiting weaknesses can get you only so far in today's game. Most EPL sides have few.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Imagine the scenes when a lone voice from Sweden pops up and tells them:-

"You don't even support Everton". :lolol:

Swanny would soon realise that we’d been relative pussycats in our football debates with him, once in disagreement with grandoldteam stalwarts. They’re brutal and don’t trust newcomers one bit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Former Liverpool player on radio 5 today (good pundit, scouser, black-framed spectacles, forget his name) said that Rafa is cold as a maneger and has no rapport with players, and the training sessions are very serious and not at all fun. Basically a prickly old school type, with hopeless people skills. He's entirely inflexible and does not do discussion.

This sort of malarkey can get you down.

Benitez and Maureen haven't kept up. I'm a bit surprised that the wrinkly jock at Wet Sham has kept up, but he has. That said, I did laugh a bit this afternoon. :rolleyes:

Stephen Warnock.

It’s covered in all their autobios. To the letter:

Rafa - non touchy-feely man management, almost cold, but they rate him as the greatest tactician on a game by game basis.

Hodgson, Houllier - no where as good tactically, but great rapport with players, too close, allowing lazy players to take the p out of the club.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Just announced on sky potter not interested in the job. Not sure of the sauce but great news of true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Swanny would soon realise that we’d been relative pussycats in our football debates with him, once in disagreement with grandoldteam stalwarts. They’re brutal and don’t trust newcomers one bit.

Yeah.

After going through my late father's box of programmes I turned my attention to my own.

Trawling through 5 decades of Albion stuff is a right rollercoaster.
Kingstonian programme.
Peterborough ticket.
Birmingham Full Members Cup - WTF!!

If only I was a proper fan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Damn it, I was thinking I would get the full approval and agreement from all of them on all of my opinions but I guess not

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Who ever takes on the role is in for a tough time I can’t see GP wanting to take a step down

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Damn it, I was thinking I would get the full approval and agreement from all of them on all of my opinions but I guess not

You’d have no time for pizzas or blow. 24-7 fighting online battles on Potter’s behalf.

Grandolteam (long before Rafa) consists of dozens of threads, 10,000’s posts, often slagging off players, staff and board members.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Coming up on the rails, now clear favourite.

0594F750-ED87-43FC-A33D-1C14C3E55A41.png

The Everton expert on 5 live in the 5 til 6 slot today, strongly wanted “Potter and Ashworth. Job done”.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Good advice, might do that regardless if Potter goes there or not.

Top tip: get in there early and send him an emailed shortlist tonight (minus Potter). Tell him what a great job Vieira is doing at Palace. In fact join the Everton forum as a Vieira fan and wax lyrical about him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just announced on sky potter not interested in the job. Not sure of the sauce but great news of true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of course he’s not he’s 2.5 years into a massive six year deal guaranteed money, if I were him I wouldn’t be interested either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here