Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Next season' will be fun
You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Doesn't seem to be in Southgates plans at all. Now 26 and not made a competitive start for England.

After his departure from the WC there were press articles alleging a bust up with Steve Holland, GS's assistant. It's only a guess, but maybe they're true and neither want anything to do with the other. Would explain it.
That's more to do with with Southagtes tactical ineptitude and picking favourites out of form that Ben Whites ability.

He's good enough for sure and let's see once that ex palace dinosaur finally buggers off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As above, have seen it suggested by a number of journos that he had a bust up with Steve Holland in front of the squad.

Famously “doesn’t like football” and sounds like he didn’t do his homework on the US team prior to the 2nd group game, and was called out on this publicly by Holland, which he found humiliating and left the camp. Reports also came out at the time that didn’t mix well with the group socially.

I’ve seen numerous occasions now of him on pitch having flare ups/bust ups with Foden, Grealish and other England players - doesn’t appear popular with the England lads.

If they’re not friends off the pitch it might not be the best for squad harmony.

I don’t see him getting picked again under Southgate, regardless of whatever form he may be in for Arsenal.

This is all ALLEGEDLY, obviously…

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is complete speculation and alleged.

Apparently he didn't want to hang out with the rest of the team after training, etc. When the assistant coach called him out on it he explained that he's an introvert and prefers his own company than spending it with others.

He was told that he should be watching the oppositions previous games, etc instead of playing FIFA in his hotel room. He was then asked questions about upcoming opponents players, etc after they'd played the previous day and he's alleged to have said that he didn't watch the game.

This led to a big bust up and him leaving the camp and flying home.

I'm fairness to him he does come across as quite quiet and fair play to him if he's honest and prefers his own company or a smaller circle of friends. It's like being at work and being the person who always declines going out after work, work parties, etc. You can't force someone to be something that there not. He should be judged solely on his talent, which is a massive loss for the National team.

Disclaimer - all of the above is of course rumour and conjecture and has no basis on fact or otherwise. If Mr Whites legal representative's happen to read this, I personally love Benjamin and his wacky hairstyles x
I'd always assumed the players would watch the opposition's previous match(es) as a group, rather than be given them to watch as homework. That way, the coaches could highlight any strengths and weaknesses they should be looking out for

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Doesn't seem to be in Southgates plans at all. Now 26 and not made a competitive start for England.

After his departure from the WC there were press articles alleging a bust up with Steve Holland, GS's assistant. It's only a guess, but maybe they're true and neither want anything to do with the other. Would explain it.
Yeh pretty sure it was Steve Holland. Someone said they wanted the team to watch a match on a next opponent and Ben said why would I want to watch that shit and had a row.. If true, he’s a disgrace to our country in footballing terms. Just can’t imagine him being like that though!

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'd always assumed the players would watch the opposition's previous match(es) as a group, rather than be given them to watch as homework. That way, the coaches could highlight any strengths and weaknesses they should be looking out for
Well, you would think so but maybe Southgate doesn't want to embarrass himself in front of the whole squad by attempting a tactical analysis of the opposition?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Yeh pretty sure it was Steve Holland. Someone said they wanted the team to watch a match on a next opponent and Ben said why would I want to watch that shit and had a row.. If true, he’s a disgrace to our country I. Footballing terms. Just can’t imagine him being like that though!
I try and just laugh off your contributions but that one's a real whopper. A disgrace to the country? Wow. Doesn't take much to disgrace our country these days!

If he felt disrespected by the coaches then he did the right thing in walking. Nobody has to put up with that type of situation in their workplace and everyone has the option of getting out of there. Obviously it's easier in this context because there's no real loss to him, other than the opportunity to be on the bench and watch Maguire start every game, but as a point of principle I've got great respect for him for getting out of there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If true, my admiration for White has grown. Foden's shaved eyebrow and chav haircut alone is sufficient to deserve a slap, let alone his posturing when he scores a goal.
Have you clocked White's shaven eyebrows? There as bad.

Totally random. He spends silly money on having his Rolls cleaned!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If true, my admiration for White has grown. Foden's shaved eyebrow and chav haircut alone is sufficient to deserve a slap, let alone his posturing when he scores a goal.
Difficult to argue against this :smile:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Have you clocked White's shaven eyebrows? There as bad.

Totally random. He spends silly money on having his Rolls cleaned!

He can get it done for about £30 at Priory Meadow car park in Hastings and in a lot less time too. Obviously there’s a parking charge on top but I’m sure he can afford that. There is a decent artisan cheese shop nearby too if the urge to spend ridiculous money on something takes over him.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I have it from a reliable source that young Ben doesn’t belong in the England Squad as he doesn’t fit the stereotypical footballer profile. In other words he is an intelligent, articulate young man.

Such a shame as he is a Rolls Royce of a footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here