Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Harsh, maybe, but he still wasn’t set for the shot, as Benteke struck it he was stood bolt upright, that’s not good.

Not denying that you’re not accurate, I don’t agree with the ‘not good’, I think that even if poised he would have done well to get near it.

If I was being critical of RS it wouldn’t be that, it would have been that he might have been slightly further out - real split second things....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I have only read page 1 but completely disagree with this thread. Ben White is a class act and one mistake does not change that fact. Welcome to the PL son, you will have to be perfect at all times otherwise you will get daft abuse from some.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ben made a mistake but that could have happened 999 times out of a thousand and wouldn't have resulted in a goal. The boy is learning and as we have seen with Bissouma it takes plenty of time to reach potential. Even after that kick Wellbeck had the chance to put a challenge in and didnt bother (does he bother to do anything?), Burn then had a mare and completely lost both Ayew and the ball, and Sanchez conspired to not bother diving for a shot at an angle that should never have gone in.

Ditchling Dyke

Jan 11, 2021
Should have sold BW to Leeds for the £30m they were offering and bought a decent striker with the dosh .
BW is clearly unhappy here .

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Worst thread ever.

Both goals were outstanding football by Palace, end of story. No blame on any defender or goalkeeper.

2nd Goal; What about the bit where Burn is touch tight on Benteke a second before the cross comes in, then loses him, then turns his back on the cross/ball. What about the fact that BHA have c.6 or 7 men defensively in our penalty area as the cross comes in and again, similar to Leicester's last minute winner an unmarked man is free on the back post.

"Worst thread ever" you having a laugh. Do you honestly think the coaching team won't be analysing our faults, weaknesses and deficiencies? Of course they will and so they should and along with our many strengths. They might come to different conclusions to us punters but they will analyse be sure of that.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Should have sold BW to Leeds for the £30m they were offering and bought a decent striker with the dosh .

I agree that he probably should have been sold to finance a striker but I don't see him being unhappy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Didn’t seem too unhappy in playing a key role helping us to only concede 1 goal in 6 games before last night.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
But enough about Alzate, what about Burn?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Alzate is playing out of position which is tough on the lad, Burn is a championship Defender at best, he has cost us at least 5 goals this season. Hopefully Webster and Lamptey are back soon

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not going to put boot in , before he did what he did he should of launched the ball into the box.

But before all this we had about 4 situations to get a cross over ( including corners at times ) and we just dont. If he had pumped it into the box first time then we wouldnt be talking about him.

Alzate isnt a LWB of the quality we require. Feel a bit sorry for him really.

We miss March dont we

Burn was actually decent 2nd half but still a bit of a lumbering accident waiting to happen

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Everyone keeps talking about this BW miss/hoof but my shit stream froze and i didn't even know the Palace Messi had scored. The goal clip doesn't show the beginning of the move for the goal anyone got a clip?

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
And Ayew outpaced him and got the cross off for the first.

But that’s more a case of good attacking play other than a defensive blunder.

while Burn should have tackled earlier, when our captain went towards Burn then White should have moved into the space and also our goaly should have helped him vocally then the crossed ball would have been met.
so it was very poor defending that gave the first goal and all 4 players were at fault.
Hopefully Webster will be available for our next game as White is a poor choice for centre back.
Also if the midfield were watching the moment they saw our captain move they should have made an effort to fill the gap.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He didn’t even watch Leeds on Friday night. Was splashing around in his hot tub [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here