Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I kind of see your point - but we also all loved the Knockaert etc chants about Dale Stephens and 'demanding' Bloom gave him a pay rise didn't we? Did we think that was disrespectful to Tony Bloom putting that kind of pressure on it. Although knowing Stephens & White share an agent, perhaps that is his unique way of negotiating deals ;-)

Ok. I get that. But it isn't quite the same when the player is owned by another team, imo anyway.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
White was our number one target yes. We made him in to the player he is now otherwise you would've not loaned a £50m player out in the first place. We had never heard of White a year ago and was worried initially as he was Jansson's replacement. He absolutely loved his time with Leeds, his best friend plays at Leeds and wants him there. I just feel that he may be disappointed that we couldnt get him, you never gave him that chance, we did. No one knows if his potential will carry on improving with Brighton. It may do but it may not. You play a different style to Leeds and he was coached by one of the best in the business.

But you didnt. This is the source of your delusions. You start off with a lie you've convinced yourself is true and from that deluded state the rest of the narrative is repeated parrot fashion. Ben White was always an exceptional talent. If you've read mainstream press this week, you would've seen the former Newport manager state, he is Newport's best ever loanee, he was sure then he'd play eventually in top 6 and for England. And this before most Leeds fans had even heard of Bielsa. It's a made up fallacy, that Bielsa made him great from someone who was either not very good before or unwanted.

Why did we categorically refuse a loan to buy?
If it's all Bielsa, why did Bielsas main pick JK Augustin turn out to be a flop you now try to renege upon?

Of course Ben White has improved this season, and it's been a good education, he would've learned some stuff no doubt, but he would've done also at Derby under cocu (the other club we had hand selected as good suitor for his progress).

As Hans Kraay fan club posted yesterday. Consider this, maybe it will help with the fantasies you tell yourself.

It was after White starring performance with Newport against Leeds your club took notice, before Bielsa was manager. At the end of the L2 season we considered the next appropriate step on his managed development to our first team to be a L1 loan, but in Bielsa first season Orta had spoken to us about White...... he then recommended White to Bielsa, but Bielsa wasn't sure/said No?? Why wasn't he sure/or said No? Could be perfectly reasonable that after just one stand out season in league 2, two divisions below Leeds, it was considered maybe a Jump to big to go straight into a competitive championship team looking for promotion. Who could argue with that?

So Brighton stick to original development plan and hand select (because of way football played) Peterborough .... He wasn't offered to anyone, we carefully chose the right club.

He again flourishes with stand out performances, but this time in one division below. You miss out on promotion and now this time Bielsa (who must've been tracking) wants him.

Now Brighton who have had our player flourish in L2, and L1 are now guilty of not playing or wanting a player who had excelled at 3 and 2 divisions below our league, but we should have played him straight in the PL (after good performances from 2 divisions below), when Leeds/Bielsa also wisely wouldnt do this after he returned from Newport?

You really don't get this do you? So now we as a club, in Summer 19 had 2 CBs, Ben White and Matt Clarke who both had stand out seasons the previous year in L1.

For exactly the same reasons of why Leeds didn't take White after L2, to jump 2 divisions to championship, we deemed it best that they first gain good experience in the level below first (on their managed development path to our PL first team) both Derby and Leeds were two of the select group of teams we would deal with, due to style of play and by now , after a great year one League below. God calls for Ben White. You insist on buying we insist you can't as we have every intention of him coming to us....... And that was always the plan, it's why we refused to sell before he'd kicked a ball for Leeds and it's why we still refuse today. He had another great season, having aldo had the 2 before that. Because Ben White is a massive talent, he would be PL this season regardless of if he had gone to Derby on loan also. He is the talent.

The rest is just the bullshit you convince yourself is real, because it helps to feed this Leeds delusion of grandeur.

ps his best mate is Aaron Connolly. He'll always be great mates with KP now for sure. But he's just been away again (after his brief promotion celebration trip with some Leeds players), with his Mrs and Aaron (our player)

Last edited:

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Life was soooo much better for the 16 years that Leeds and their shithouse tattooed fatso bellend fans just making me feel...soiled.

We only had to deal with them in the cup at Withdean when they packed into the south stand in large numbers and proceeded to cause the only crowd disturbances we ever had at the running track as,during league games, the normal “opposition” were corralled into that shitty little away stand but in the cup they could buy seats anywhere and did.

That game was marred by repeated displays of drunken aggression, homophobic ranting and 50 year old bald fatties shouting nonsense at women and kids...but like I say, by and large we were not forced to interact with their fans.

When they finally achieved promotion last year the amount of pundits welcoming them back as “giants” and enthusing about their passionate support have clearly not had to sit with or near their subhuman titheads.

Talkshit did buck the Leeds love-in with a phone in where callers were anyone NOT from the Leeds fan base...the question...why are Leeds not liked or welcomed by other fans.

You’re probably able to guess what those reasons are so I’ll summarise.
Arrogance
Violence
Idiocy
Racism
Drunkenness
Criminal damage
Anti social tendencies

But there was a flaw. The Leeds massive also derailed the discussion by calling in themselves and, well, proving the other callers to be correct by displaying these traits.

Ironically Millwall self identify as unpopular when, in fact, no one is that arsed about them these days but Leed? They don’t realise that no one actually does like them. No one ever really did and NOTHING I’ve read on these threads from them offers any hope that their time in the wilderness has taught them what it should have. That when you behave like the worst kind of dick for the amount of time they have that EVERYONE who follows the English game but do not support LUFC wishes them ill. We ALL want them to get relegated, we all want to NOT have to read about, hear about or watch them.

Being universally disliked and shunned must be tedious. That doesn’t seem to bother them at all. Go away you boring twats. Back in your box for another 16 years.

What cup was that then? Last time we played you in any cup was in 1989 - 10 years before you move to Withdean - unless I've missed something although I don't believe we've ever had the pleasure(?) of competing in the Sussex Senior Cup

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
White was our number one target yes. We made him in to the player he is now otherwise you would've not loaned a £50m player out in the first place. We had never heard of White a year ago and was worried initially as he was Jansson's replacement. He absolutely loved his time with Leeds, his best friend plays at Leeds and wants him there. I just feel that he may be disappointed that we couldnt get him, you never gave him that chance, we did. No one knows if his potential will carry on improving with Brighton. It may do but it may not. You play a different style to Leeds and he was coached by one of the best in the business.

You only played him because we loaned him to you. You could of had him the season before but Bielsa said no. The loan system is to give players experience, this was the action plan that was put in place before the Newport loan. Maybe those 16 years outside of the top flight has pushed your club further behind the likes of us. This big club bollocks is history. Live for today. The last 16 years must have been hell for you watching all those teams promoted to the top flight whilst you were either bottle it in the play-off or were languishing in league 1. You may sing Champions of Europe, ( by the way you were not), we can always sing never been in administration your never sing that.
**** off back to whack job now.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The thing is after all is said and done Leeds United are just a poorer version of Newcastle United. Both delusional, over expectant and ultimately mediocre.

We’re not a massive club and I’d hate to hear anyone claim we are. We are a bloody well run, classy and great club with a solid reputation. Take that any day.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Couple of question for all the Leeds fans on here. You are sending a couple of youth players out on loan.I

1) why don't you want them?
2) who do you want as your new manager? I take it that Bielsa is on his way, if he was staying I thought that he was so good he made White, why can't be do it with these two?
In your own time please.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
But you didnt. This is the source of your delusions. You start off with a lie you've convinced yourself is true and from that deluded state the rest of the narrative is repeated parrot fashion. Ben White was always an exceptional talent. If you've read mainstream press this week, you would've seen the former Newport manager state, he is Newport's best ever loanee, he was sure then he'd play eventually in top 6 and for England. And this before most Leeds fans had even heard of Bielsa. It's a made up fallacy, that Bielsa made him great from someone who was either not very good before or unwanted.

Why did we categorically refuse a loan to buy?
If it's all Bielsa, why did Bielsas main pick JK Augustin turn out to be a flop you now try to renege upon?

Of course Ben White has improved this season, and it's been a good education, he would've learned some stuff no doubt, but he would've done also at Derby under cocu (the other club we had hand selected as good suitor for his progress).

As Hans Kraay fan club posted yesterday. Consider this, maybe it will help with the fantasies you tell yourself.

It was after White starring performance with Newport against Leeds your club took notice, before Bielsa was manager. At the end of the L2 season we considered the next appropriate step on his managed development to our first team to be a L1 loan, but in Bielsa first season Orta had spoken to us about White...... he then recommended White to Bielsa, but Bielsa wasn't sure/said No?? Why wasn't he sure/or said No? Could be perfectly reasonable that after just one stand out season in league 2, two divisions below Leeds, it was considered maybe a Jump to big to go straight into a competitive championship team looking for promotion. Who could argue with that?

So Brighton stick to original development plan and hand select (because of way football played) Peterborough .... He wasn't offered to anyone, we carefully chose the right club.

He again flourishes with stand out performances, but this time in one division below. You miss out on promotion and now this time Bielsa (who must've been tracking) wants him.

Now Brighton who have had our player flourish in L2, and L1 are now guilty of not playing or wanting a player who had excelled at 3 and 2 divisions below our league, but we should have played him straight in the PL (after good performances from 2 divisions below), when Leeds/Bielsa also wisely wouldnt do this after he returned from Newport?

You really don't get this do you? So now we as a club, in Summer 19 had 2 CBs, Ben White and Matt Clarke who both had stand out seasons the previous year in L1.

For exactly the same reasons of why Leeds didn't take White after L2, to jump 2 divisions to championship, we deemed it best that they first gain good experience in the level below first (on their managed development path to our PL first team) both Derby and Leeds were two of the select group of teams we would deal with, due to style of play and by now , after a great year one League below. God calls for Ben White. You insist on buying we insist you can't as we have every intention of him coming to us....... And that was always the plan, it's why we refused to sell before he'd kicked a ball for Leeds and it's why we still refuse today. He had another great season, having aldo had the 2 before that. Because Ben White is a massive talent, he would be PL this season regardless of if he had gone to Derby on loan also. He is the talent.

The rest is just the bullshit you convince yourself is real, because it helps to feed this Leeds delusion of grandeur.

ps his best mate is Aaron Connolly. He'll always be great mates with KP now for sure. But he's just been away again (after his brief promotion celebration trip with some Leeds players), with his Mrs and Aaron (our player)

An excellent and well thought out summary of Ben White progression over the last few years.
Unfortunately though, a complete and utter waste of time.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
[/I]

This is why you finished 17th in 2019 a point above relegation and 15th this season.

Thanks for the fact check. Where did you finish?

Reality is not too far away now. I reckon another couple of relegations will help with the humility and acceptance of where your club is now. Newcastle and Villa are slowly coming round to the idea that the football world is totally and utterly indifferent towards them, and that clubs find their places on merit alone.

This Ben White saga (if you can call it that) has introduced and exposed to the world the same bunch of embarassingly deluded muppets that the older amongst us remember all too well. I daren't even imagine the humiliation your actual fans of sound mind must feel (probably less than 20k based on attendance numbers). Your absence from top flight and wilderness years provide no excuse whatsoever for the exasperating ignorance of how loans work and how development plans for players work. The fact most of you still think White wants to leave and we're keeping him here against his will is absolutely staggering, if not comical.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My point is if you had played Ben White a year ago he was ready to play but you never played him. Even against a strong Arsenal team he stood out. He never got a look in at Brighton and to say he was already in his 20s (not a teenager) it's surprising you didn't give him that chance then.

We had just signed Webster who was considered better and we had dunk so there is no chance he would have started. Therefore the best thing for him was one further season in lower league football away from the pressure of the premier league and top strikers to finalise his development. This is Much better strategy than being a bit part player. I would like to thank Leeds for offering White a proper chance in lower league football. Now we will get to see if he the finishing school has got him ready for the big time. I really hope he is. He has excited everyone at Brighton for years.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

You do talk some rubbish, as with most Leeds fans. Did it occur to you that he might have some gratitude to a club who signed him when he was 16 and gave him his chance in professional football. That this club actually has taken him from that to a player who will start in the Premier League this season probably.

Whatever you might think about us as a club, there has been a clear plan for progression of young players since we've been at the Amex. Some players have jumped ahead, like Steven Alzate who went from League 2 loan to Premier League, and others have dropped off when they've struggled, but Ben White has followed the ideal path moving up a division each year and now is ready for first team football with us.

As for the best friend argument your fans keep saying, that is so pathetic. I see it as unlikely that they are best friends after knowing each other for a year but, even if they are, most people don't work with their best friend. The idea that would influence anything is embarrassing.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
All these weirdo Leeds fans coming here is making me, for the first time ever, think an Away end section may be needed. These small clubs fans can’t keep invading NSC, heck you can’t even view Waccoe without an approved account.

Although, a part of me likes the fact they feel triggered enough to create accounts and post 100 times a week :lolol:

Northchatty

Banned
Aug 9, 2020
Couple of question for all the Leeds fans on here. You are sending a couple of youth players out on loan.I

1) why don't you want them?
2) who do you want as your new manager? I take it that Bielsa is on his way, if he was staying I thought that he was so good he made White, why can't be do it with these two?
In your own time please.

1) We have 19 year old Ryan Edmondson on loan and 27yr old De bock are the notable ones. The one that has a future is Edmondson the other is running down his contract and will be released. The point is our future youth of 19+ have all had first team league game time, Shackleton has already had 41 appearances at 19 years old, Edmondson has had game time this season too. White was 21 when he came to Leeds and you never gave him one game. Our average age of our first team is 24, Yours is close to 27. Had White been around 19yrs old I would get it but he was 21 and lets be honest you already have some centre backs in front of him so he had no chance last season to try and force competition. Apparently Potter is still wanting to take a look at him in pre season before he decides to give White a better contract, is this true?

2)You don't need to worry about Bielsa. He is not stalling on any contract, its just not top of his list right now as he wanted to put his team first to enjoy promotion. If he had no intentions of signing he would have already gone but he is still in Wetherby having photos with the fans and training his team. He is signing no need to be threatened about that.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
That was a great evening. Think we had a run of 4-1 defeat at Cardiff and then 4-0 wins away to Bristol City and home to Leeds.

I have a feeling last time we played them at the Amex we won 2-0. Wasn't this game the season before, when we just missed out on promotion?

Great night that... can I just point out that Leeds don't even have a shirt sponsor in that video... I guess Leeds are too big for shirt sponsors?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The thing is after all is said and done Leeds United are just a poorer version of Newcastle United. Both delusional, over expectant and ultimately mediocre.

We’re not a massive club and I’d hate to hear anyone claim we are. We are a bloody well run, classy and great club with a solid reputation. Take that any day.

Not sure if its a badge of honour CW but you're famous now on Wacko :lolol:

wacko.jpg

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
1) We have 19 year old Ryan Edmondson on loan and 27yr old De bock are the notable ones. The one that has a future is Edmondson the other is running down his contract and will be released. The point is our future youth of 19+ have all had first team league game time, Shackleton has already had 41 appearances at 19 years old, Edmondson has had game time this season too. White was 21 when he came to Leeds and you never gave him one game. Our average age of our first team is 24, Yours is close to 27. Had White been around 19yrs old I would get it but he was 21 and lets be honest you already have some centre backs in front of him so he had no chance last season to try and force competition. Apparently Potter is still wanting to take a look at him in pre season before he decides to give White a better contract, is this true?

2)You don't need to worry about Bielsa. He is not stalling on any contract, its just not top of his list right now as he wanted to put his team first to enjoy promotion. If he had no intentions of signing he would have already gone but he is still in Wetherby having photos with the fans and training his team. He is signing no need to be threatened about that.

1 - Being in the Premier League is a big factor in this. If we were in the championship BW would certainly have got the game time. But we weren't we were in the PL when BW was 19 and probably weren't in a position to risk him. £ years later he has more expirience and we have a different coach who does give more chances to youth (Alzate, Conelly, Alexis etc).
Have you given the loaning club an option to buy Edmondson or not? That would indicate if he is surplus to requirements or if you see him as a prospect. Don't know where he is loaned to but if he has a stormer of a season will you get down on your hands and knees and thank the club for making him the player he is? Assume you simply don't rate him of you are loaning him.

2 - He off mate! You know it we know it and Bielsa knows it!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
1) We have 19 year old Ryan Edmondson on loan and 27yr old De bock are the notable ones. The one that has a future is Edmondson the other is running down his contract and will be released. The point is our future youth of 19+ have all had first team league game time, Shackleton has already had 41 appearances at 19 years old, Edmondson has had game time this season too. White was 21 when he came to Leeds and you never gave him one game. Our average age of our first team is 24, Yours is close to 27. Had White been around 19yrs old I would get it but he was 21 and lets be honest you already have some centre backs in front of him so he had no chance last season to try and force competition. Apparently Potter is still wanting to take a look at him in pre season before he decides to give White a better contract, is this true? Short answer no its just media speculation click bait. And you can get away with blooding youngsters when you've got no other choices in the lower divisions where you've been languishing, luckily for us in the PL we had more established options to play.

Admit it, you are starting to get a little worried aren't you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here