Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
oh blimey, really? i better get on the blower to vic and let him know.

spains number 9 and germany's centre back are a step up on a player who had one good season in the english second division.

anyway, i don't come here on a wind up nor to rile people and appears i have hit a nerve with bevendean hillbilly so will bow out and leave you all to it. my stance is the same, thanks for the effort white but onwards and upwards. he is a good guy and i hope for his sake he can step up (hope you lot have someonw who can work on headers) and do well for you.

In that case, we have Australia’s number 1, Ireland’s best CB, England International Lewis Dunk, Argentina’s Midfielder, Belgium’s Winger, The Netherlands’ central midfielder, England’s Midfielder, The netherland’s right back, Colombia’s midfielder, Iran’s winger, Ireland’s striker and Ireland’s Midfielder.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
i don't have much face to save, dwayne, am big enough to own my shit and have done for years on here. white did a good job for us, i am unconvinced on if he can do the same against aguero, salah, vardy. he got a lot of time on the ball in the championship to make a pass/decision, we've all seen the man city or liverpool press. he won't have that time again. 40m for a 22 year old kid on he basis of one ok season in the english second divison is insane. he is 22, not once been sniffed at by england. my opinion on him has been same from my very first post about him, i think he is over hyped, he did a good job for us but that is all, he's not maldini's love child

who knows about koch, time will tell. but for the same money you lot wanted for white, unproven at top level, no experience, we got 2 players who have played at the top level, current internationals and for now that is what we need. not taking chances on 22 year olds who may turn out ok, but equally by christmas you may be trying to send him to brentford on loan when he couldn't step up.

of course i realise about strengthening the squad, we aren't all pigthick neanderthals

I'll reply gently to this. Much of our amusement and mild irritation with Leeds fans is that White has never been for sale or had a price quoted. He may have starred with Leeds, but to Brighton, he is a talented product of our youth team, who like Connolly and Alzate last season, has completed his loan development and is ready to compete for a place on the Premier League stage. As you say, he has had one good season in the Championship so, like Webster and Maupay the season before, joins our first team squad to see if he can make the step up. He will be in competion and supported by the same Webster who has now established himself, a seasoned pro in Dunk, Dutch International Veltman and, if he stays, Irish captain Duffy. Tallest wing back in the world Dan Burn can also play there, so his elevation to the Premier League squad will carry reasonable expectations while he adjusts. Potter is an excellent tactition and man manager who will bring out the best in White as we saw last year with Yves Bissouma, a midfielder who had a few rough edges that are being ironed out to reveal a decent Premier League footballer. Incidentally, as a young player, he didn't respond to Bielsa's coaching methods.

As for Koch, he is simply a well regarded German centre back, in many ways similar to Leon Balogun, a German centre back that we signed on our Premier League journey. Excellent footballer, now plying his trade at Rangers. Eventually we realised he was surplus to requirements, but a decent player who helped us make the transition to Premier League stability. It takes a lot of players to do that and a few have fallen by the wayside during our three years of never being in the bottom three apart from the first couple of weeks. We now have a very strong squad and aspire to the top 10 as many of your fans do for Leeds in their first season back. Whether Leeds turn out to be a Wolves/Sheff Utd or a Fulham/Norwich remains to be seen but Brighton will be a good place for White to be this season with a lot of talented youngsters breaking through and seasoned pro's to keep his feet on the ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
i don't have much face to save, dwayne, am big enough to own my shit and have done for years on here. white did a good job for us, i am unconvinced on if he can do the same against aguero, salah, vardy. he got a lot of time on the ball in the championship to make a pass/decision, we've all seen the man city or liverpool press. he won't have that time again. 40m for a 22 year old kid on he basis of one ok season in the english second divison is insane. he is 22, not once been sniffed at by england. my opinion on him has been same from my very first post about him, i think he is over hyped, he did a good job for us but that is all, he's not maldini's love child

who knows about koch, time will tell. but for the same money you lot wanted for white, unproven at top level, no experience, we got 2 players who have played at the top level, current internationals and for now that is what we need. not taking chances on 22 year olds who may turn out ok, but equally by christmas you may be trying to send him to brentford on loan when he couldn't step up.

of course i realise about strengthening the squad, we aren't all pigthick neanderthals

You’re more or less stating what most of us think about Ben really. Great prospect but unproven - certainly behind Dunk and Webster, and likely Veltman. We haven’t put a price on him - the ONLY attempt at putting a price on him was by Leeds, through putting 3 bids in. Most of the hyping has also been by Leeds fans.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

40m for a 22 year old kid on he basis of one ok season in the english second divison is insane. he is 22, not once been sniffed at by england

It’s like a broken record...

He was not for sale? We have never given a valuation. Just your silly local Leeds click bait sites and Tweets did.

And even if he WAS for sale. We have no obligation to give fair market value. You really think we should say “oh, he’s not experienced in the top flight. So sure.. have him for £20m”.

Please think about this logically.

Would YOU accept a fee of £20m for Ben White from another PL team?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
fair enough.

the top 10 aspiration is one i hope comes good for you lot, you've played something like 110 premier league games and won less than 30 i think i saw on the athletic so a lot of hard graft to be done first. i've been to champion league semi finals with leeds and seen them play at the top, and had a good time, but truth be told the championship is competitive and a lot of fun, i'm happy there playing some nice football in genuine stadiums and less of the sculpted corporate megabowls. van dijk doesn't excite me any more than a well drilled defense at nottingham forest does, an away day at man city has zero appeal over an away day at sheffield wednesday. but it is what it is.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
fair enough.

the top 10 aspiration is one i hope comes good for you lot, you've played something like 110 premier league games and won less than 30 i think i saw on the athletic so a lot of hard graft to be done first. i've been to champion league semi finals with leeds and seen them play at the top, and had a good time, but truth be told the championship is competitive and a lot of fun, i'm happy there playing some nice football in genuine stadiums and less of the sculpted corporate megabowls. van dijk doesn't excite me any more than a well drilled defense at nottingham forest does, an away day at man city has zero appeal over an away day at sheffield wednesday. but it is what it is.

Good post. I am one who has up til now preferred the championship. I wish the PL was more competitive and levelled off with a less silly money involved. I'd probably enjoy it then. I find it disheartening to watch us play man city. We never seem to do anything against them, perhaps Bielsa will have more nous?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Most Leeds fans have been absolute ****s regarding Ben White. **** ‘em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
fair enough.

Most realistic fans know that only 6 clubs can have confident expectation of a top ten finish. By all means set targets but apart from the Big Six, the rest of the division is fluid. It is a 14 team mini league, with 3 new members each season. One season of ' over achievement ' can quickly be followed by a slide down the table. The bookies already have Burnley and Sheff U in the bottom 8 of betting for this season
There is a fine line between getting it right in the top flight and not. A small change in the dynamic within a club can be fatal at this level. It is unforgiving. A club like us, still finding our feet in the PL, must be realistic. If you can finish above two of the promoted three, then you already have a fighting chance. If you can show small and steady improvement each season, then you will stay out of trouble but easier said than done.
We had a number of seasons in the upper reaches of the Championship,winning a good number of games and always being competitive. It is a good feeling going into games expecting to win but eventually you have to bite the bullet, cast aside the comfort zone, grab the opportunity and test yourself against the best. The longer you spend in the second tier, the further behind you fall. Rodrigo would not have come to Leeds in the Championship and neither will other, better players. Fine, if you don't want to see this quality but I will bet you a lot of money that if you rock up at Anfield on the opening day and get a result, you will be more than up for the Premier League. After all, what better feeling is there in football than turning over one of the ' elite ' and then listening to them moaning and groaning about how poor they were and how they shouldn't be losing to teams like Leeds and Brighton. Trust me, there is nothing better.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Most realistic fans know that only 6 clubs can have confident expectation of a top ten finish. By all means set targets but apart from the Big Six, the rest of the division is fluid. It is a 14 team mini league, with 3 new members each season. One season of ' over achievement ' can quickly be followed by a slide down the table. The bookies already have Burnley and Sheff U in the bottom 8 of betting for this season
There is a fine line between getting it right in the top flight and not. A small change in the dynamic within a club can be fatal at this level. It is unforgiving. A club like us, still finding our feet in the PL, must be realistic. If you can finish above two of the promoted three, then you already have a fighting chance. If you can show small and steady improvement each season, then you will stay out of trouble but easier said than done.
We had a number of seasons in the upper reaches of the Championship,winning a good number of games and always being competitive. It is a good feeling going into games expecting to win but eventually you have to bite the bullet, cast aside the comfort zone, grab the opportunity and test yourself against the best. The longer you spend in the second tier, the further behind you fall. Rodrigo would not have come to Leeds in the Championship and neither will other, better players. Fine, if you don't want to see this quality but I will bet you a lot of money that if you rock up at Anfield on the opening day and get a result, you will be more than up for the Premier League. After all, what better feeling is there in football than turning over one of the ' elite ' and then listening to them moaning and groaning about how poor they were and how they shouldn't be losing to teams like Leeds and Brighton. Trust me, there is nothing better.

According to the hilarious fvckwit “Connor ay oop McGilligan” Leeds are in in a 12 team mini league (Christ knows where the other two are are) which they will inevitably be top of and looking upwards...

They really are (overwhelmingly) utter, utter tools.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
According to the hilarious fvckwit “Connor ay oop McGilligan” Leeds are in in a 12 team mini league (Christ knows where the other two are are) which they will inevitably be top of and looking upwards...

They really are (overwhelmingly) utter, utter tools.

I'm guessing he's discounting Wolves and Leicester from the 14, making it a top 8 and a bottom 12. To be fair at the moment that probably isn't far from the truth. Leeds chances of finishing top of that league of 12 are up for debate though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oh blimey, really? i better get on the blower to vic and let him know.

spains number 9 and germany's centre back are a step up on a player who had one good season in the english second division.

as good as they are, there is a long list of internationals coming to premier league and falling on their face.

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
C50A4EBB-AF93-4EB8-8640-B1366C31CA44.jpeg

Have to say, I do find it a bit odd that he hasn’t updated his Twitter acc...perhaps he’ll just start a new one as Ben3White and leave the Leeds numpties dangling with the dormant one.
Not sure why it has bugged me so much, I’m sure he’s got more important things to do but youngsters are usually all over this kind of thing. I assume it’s the same with his Instaaaa...I refuse to join the land of ‘selfie sharing’ :rolleyes:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You’re more or less stating what most of us think about Ben really. Great prospect but unproven - certainly behind Dunk and Webster, and likely Veltman. We haven’t put a price on him - the ONLY attempt at putting a price on him was by Leeds, through putting 3 bids in. Most of the hyping has also been by Leeds fans.

Exactly right (worried some of our fans have believed the hype and are expecting a finished article £40mil prem player which ain’t gonna happen) but don’t you find it funny after 1 friendly, Leeds fans were the ones rushing to pick holes in him too! It’s gonna be like that a while - jealousy, Leeds fans’ arrogance and access to social media is just a horrible mix!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
fair enough.

We may have won less than 30% but that's why the top 10 is an aspiration. not an achievement. We have put in a lot of hard graft already over the two years till we stated that aspiration publicly and last season, we improved to a Premier League best of 15th. Nobody expected top 10 last season. We were realistic and with our change of style, pretty much all pundits tipped us to go down. However the hard graft paid off and we achieved 15th, our best yet in the Premier League. That took a lot of hard graft and a lot of bottle from the board. I'm pleased for you that you have enjoyed Leeds at the top - we enjoyed our day in the sun in the early 80's. But our memorable times, like yours, were an awful long time ago.

Back in the real world, it's bloody hard for any team outside the top 6 or 7 to compete in the Premier League and even the so called bigger mid table clubs have frequently flirted with the lower end of the table before usually sacking a manager and moving back up. It's hard paddling underneath the surface, but sometimes slightly more established clubs just run out of steam. like Bournemouth and Watford last season.

That's why there has been a 'deluded Leeds' thread. You don't seem to be among them, but your fanbase includes a noisy element that practically sees promotion from the Championship under Bielsa as a guaranteed place in Europe this season. And where White is concerned, an attitude of 'obviously he wants to come to Leeds, we're Leeds'.You must admit it's a little over confident.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
We may have won less than 30% but that's why the top 10 is an aspiration. not an achievement. We have put in a lot of hard graft already over the two years till we stated that aspiration publicly and last season, we improved to a Premier League best of 15th. Nobody expected top 10 last season. We were realistic and with our change of style, pretty much all pundits tipped us to go down. However the hard graft paid off and we achieved 15th, our best yet in the Premier League. That took a lot of hard graft and a lot of bottle from the board. I'm pleased for you that you have enjoyed Leeds at the top - we enjoyed our day in the sun in the early 80's. But our memorable times, like yours, were an awful long time ago.

Back in the real world, it's bloody hard for any team outside the top 6 or 7 to compete in the Premier League and even the so called bigger mid table clubs have frequently flirted with the lower end of the table before usually sacking a manager and moving back up. It's hard paddling underneath the surface, but sometimes slightly more established clubs just run out of steam. like Bournemouth and Watford last season.

That's why there has been a 'deluded Leeds' thread. You don't seem to be among them, but your fanbase includes a noisy element that practically sees promotion from the Championship under Bielsa as a guaranteed place in Europe this season. And where White is concerned, an attitude of 'obviously he wants to come to Leeds, we're Leeds'.You must admit it's a little over confident.

Joint best 15th, most points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here