Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Ben White linking up with:

Lamptey
Dunk
Bissouma
Alzate
Lallana
Mac Allister
Trossard
Connolly
Maupay

b94124f7c5a0a6c6ee21d227650d2ac1.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
View attachment 127023

So I've been wanting to talk about this for a while. I like Webster a lot but Ben White has a certain composure about him.
He's stylish, has a commanding presence and exudes confidence and calm which has an effect on the players around him.
If you have played football at any level you know this is true. And it is invaluable.

STATS aren't everything. Which is why we shouldn't be looking at this as if selling Ben White is still a win.
I'm not sure we need the money. I do think we should be progressing in the Premier League and despite what many think our defence can always be improved.
(plus there are other players we can sell first)

It is well known that Potter has a degree in Social Sciences and takes the psychological and sociological side of the game very seriously.
Managerial style: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Potter#Managerial_style

This lad has proved year after year of stepping up divisions that he can not only handle it, he can thrive.
Newport (Div 2) -> Peterborough (Div 1) -> Leeds (Championship).
I'm not worried about his step up to the Premier League.

Anyway, long story short, stats don't tell the full story.
We have carefully been developing him and I'd like to see him in the first team.
At this point it will feel like a tremendous new signing and a boost to the club.

Finally I really don't think the Liverpool and Chelsea stories are serious.
Honestly I'd plant those stories to make Leeds fans settle down, or keep his name and our club in the news for marketing purposes.

(and if you are one of those supporters who wants to sell him I believe he'll be worth much more in a year.
plus his shirt sales are going to be silly money now that the Leeds fans marketed him so effectively as the next Maldini)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pz6q6uZ0uk

EDIT: I should tell you that I come from a marketing background hence I've never been a fan of stats alone.
But I should reiterate I like Webster.

We'll be selling him in a couple of years for £100m.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Excellent.

It was fun while it lasted, but now the penny should finally drop and we can move on to other transfer speculation.

But thats not how they see it on Wacko! Its Brighton saying this to save face to us fans and make White Look like the guilty party when he leaves.

all direct quotes:

A) "https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53757938

Just reads like they're trying to make White out as the bad guy if he's sold"

B) "Hes going to have to put a request in I think"

C) ""No interest in selling" does not mean they will not sell.

D) It's a stance any club would take to:
1. Hold on to a degree of leverage in any potential fee negotiation
2. Appease a fanbase in the event they do end up selling, make the right noises to the right journos and you're making the player the bad guy if he does eventually move"

E) "They'll sell,they've had no major sales for a few seasons now have they? You'd think no crowds and covid might hit a small club like Brighton hard"

F) "White doesn't want to sign a new contract with Brighton - they can try and keep an unhappy player, but unless he plays regularly next season, his value will fall significantly. They'll sell - they'd be stupid not to - but they'll squeeze every last pound out of us first"

G) "One of the most indebted clubs in England - was third a couple of years back and probably worse now - and pretty much shitting it."

Its the Jimmy Saville "we're not selling"

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch down brings Leeds round again to find
He's not the man they think he is at home
Oh no no no he's a bucket man
Bucket man walking out the door at Bellend Road.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

'Relegation favourite'! :D

I think the South London Comedy Collective should be (justifyably) upset at such a statement.....

that's their position....pure cheek from the Albion that one....

:D :D :D

TNBA

TTF

On a serious note, can we confirm if that is an actual quote from the club? If so that is absolutely brilliant, a classy dig. And fully deserved after the weeks of disrespect passed our way.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
I turned Talksport on in my car over here at 8:00am (4:00pm UK time), and the first words I heard on the news bulletin were, "Brighton have stated that they have no need, or intention of selling Ben White during this transfer window"

What an absolute perfect way to start the day.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Is it not ridiculous that all this has gone on all week and until it’s officially on the BBC there’s now talk of pennies dropping?
He never was for sale - they were clearly told that over and over again before he signed his loan deal - did they really think that after his stint there went even better than either side could have hoped for that we’d suddenly turn round and say
Ok you can have him after all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here