Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If I was Leeds chairman I would seriously try and test our resolve with White in the summer, make him the main target, offer 20m+, tell White he's their first choice whereas he's fighting for a place at Brighton, I think they could get him.
Whoever took the call offering just £20 million would have to be off work laughing for the rest of the summer.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Except that whatever the Leeds chairman says to Dunk is irrelevant.

Assume you mean White. It really isn't irrelevant. We tell White an offer has come in, if he says he wants to go that will have a bearing on our decision. Its one thing keeping a key first team player against his will, eg Stephens, but a young player with just a couple of league Cup games under his belt for us, different kettle of fish

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Assume you mean White. It really isn't irrelevant. We tell White an offer has come in, if he says he wants to go that will have a bearing on our decision. Its one thing keeping a key first team player against his will, eg Stephens, but a young player with just a couple of league Cup games under his belt for us, different kettle of fish
We don't have to offer him a choice; he's under contract. We didn't with Stephens. Apparently we are offering Murray a choice, but that is entirely different.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But it would be meeting his valuation, and if the player would like to stay at Leeds, then they have a chance. That's all it is, but I wouldnt rule out the possibility of Leeds signing him, like many have on here
But why accept just £20 million from Leeds if bigger offers from Liverpool, or Man Utd etc. are very possible ?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
But why accept £20 million from Leeds if bigger offers from Liverpool, or Man Utd etc. are very possible ?

Why accept £1m for Goldson? My Rangers pals still remind me about that bit of business. But then again Tony makes many more good than poor decisions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goldson was in a position of not quite being Premier quality and always a back up but adequate for the top of Scottish football and we made a small profit on him. How did TB make a mistake?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liverpool. Man Utd and Chelsea want a player to go virtually straight into the side not to develop. Ben White is not their answer so a more likely club to chase him would be a fringe top six club like Spurs, Arsenal, Everton West Ham or perhaps even a team with hopes of breaking into that top group like Villa or even Brighton and Hove Albion.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I look forward to watching Mr White fight it out for a place in our 11 with Mr Webster to play alongside Dunky next season, maybe in a 3 at times :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Liverpool. Man Utd and Chelsea want a player to go virtually straight into the side not to develop. Ben White is not their answer so a more likely club to chase him would be a fringe top six club like Spurs, Arsenal, Everton West Ham or perhaps even a team with hopes of breaking into that top group like Villa or even Brighton and Hove Albion.

Can't believe I'm saying this... but agree.

Plenty more established PL players that any of those clubs could sign

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Someone has hacked BG’s account.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well it seems that alongside Liverpool and Spurs etc., Chelsea are now interested in White.

Perhaps there will be a quid pro quo and if we sell him to them then they will drop interest in Chalov.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why accept £1m for Goldson? My Rangers pals still remind me about that bit of business. But then again Tony makes many more good than poor decisions.

Goldson to Rangers (2.5 milion, wasn't it?) wasn't a poor decision given that he wasn't even first choice in the Championship once Duffy had been signed. Good defender but not Premier League quality, and he was never going to be more than a back-up player. I've no doubt he looks an amazing talent playing for Rangers in a league where Jon Obika scores goals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well it seems that alongside Liverpool and Spurs etc., Chelsea are now interested in White.

Perhaps there will be a quid pro quo and if we sell him to them then they will drop interest in Chalov.

Chelsea have always been one of the teams mentioned as FL says he would fit straight into their side. Possibly instead of Zouma?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Young striker exchange plus cash. We have plenty of defenders and not enough forwards. All three of those clubs have good young forwards who haven’t made the first team as fixtures but should be of a high standard?

I’d be happy with that and Leeds don’t get the player they really want to keep, win all round :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If I was Leeds chairman I would seriously try and test our resolve with White in the summer, make him the main target, offer 20m+, tell White he's their first choice whereas he's fighting for a place at Brighton, I think they could get him.

Despite that potentially being guesswork, isn't that sort of activity 'tapping up'? If we have no inclination to sell, any such conversations between Leeds chairman and Brighton player would not (or should not) take place...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here