Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Real good test for him tonight v Lacazette. Looks very classy but almost caught twice. Bielsa is a wonderful coach.

37 min: Arsenal can’t keep hold of the ball at all. White fairly clatters Lacazette twice, the striker asking for free kicks he’s never going to be awarded. He looks fully miffed. He’s been second best in that particular duel.

From the Guardian

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I totally agree. I’ve got no issue with it, especially when you play like we and Leeds do. I just feel Webster has been unfairly criticised this season for similar when he’s also learning in his first season in the premier league. I think the talk of White coming in instead of him now is premature.

And any player who gets to play under Bielsa is a lucky player. Let him learn from him as much as possible.
Yes, agree with that - and it's worth remembering, as the BBC commentator just pointed out, that the player he's having a ding-dong battle with is Arsenal's one-time record signing French international and former golden boot winner Alexandre Lacazette!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm enjoying watching Leeds and want them to win.

Anyone got a kilo of soap and a brillo pad? I need to scour myself and purge these unnatural feelings

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm enjoying watching Leeds and want them to win.

Anyone got a kilo of soap and a brillo pad? I need to scour myself and purge these unnatural feelings

Always like to see the plucky little clubs do well at Premier League giants.

(Other than Saturday at the Amex, of course)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Arsenal fan messaged me to ask "how good are your centre backs if you can afford to have your guy on loan? "

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Isn't he a Man City player?

Yes, on loan from City.
Leeds will have to spend big when/if they go up, 3 or 4 of their team is on loan and Bamford would never survive in the Premier League

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Always like to see the plucky little clubs do well at Premier League giants.

(Other than Saturday at the Amex, of course)

The Leeds fans are the best I've ever seen at the Amex. Their away support is superb......much better than the most massive club in Yorkshire.:wink::D

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Arsenal fan messaged me to ask "how good are your centre backs if you can afford to have your guy on loan? "

That's what Danny Murphy [I think it was him anyway] said on the commentary, something along the lines of "Brighton must have some great centre backs if this guy [Wihte] is out on loan"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is a media wankfest going on over Leeds

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's what Danny Murphy [I think it was him anyway] said on the commentary, something along the lines of "Brighton must have some great centre backs if this guy [Wihte] is out on loan"

Whereupon Mowbray said, ‘They have’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here