Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They have it's called successful deception of an official.

However - it needs to have lead to a sending off or a penalty which this didn't.

That's the problem with rule, it should apply whether the ref has been deceived or not but that would impinge on the authority of the onfield ref and FA don't like (rather stupidly) doing that.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hopefully after seeing incidents like this it will encourage FA to further extend it beyond penalties and red cards - sets a dreadful example for kids.

Technically also applies to a second yellow :wink: but yes.

The problem is that generally footballers take quite a different view to "diving" - unless they are on the receiving end.

The perceived wisdom is they have to go down, with the slightest touch because otherwise the referee wouldn't see it. It's now part of their thinking. Obviously not in this case, but I'm sure many footballers go down automatically because it's become part of the "training" and sometimes "get it wrong".

What wouldn't trip you over in the street will trip over a footballer.

Long bans post match the only answer - will stop very quickly. They simply need to be trained not to dive.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
SSN transfer show reporting that Tottenham and Man Utd are interested in signing Ben White.

Hope his head doesn't get turned as would like to see him in the stripes next season alongside Lewis Dunk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So the thoughts of those who wanted White in in our team now instead of Webster after that mistake?

Clearly a big talent but he’s definitely in the best place to continue his education playing for a genius in Bielsa. Leeds are lovely to watch.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don’t fancy our chances much against this Leeds side

They look like world beaters at the Moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t fancy our chances much against this Leeds side

They look like world beaters at the Moment.

You could be talking about Norwich last season. They have a very dodgy defence over 90 mins

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
22 year old CB in his first season at this level makes rare mistake - hold the front page!

I totally agree. I’ve got no issue with it, especially when you play like we and Leeds do. I just feel Webster has been unfairly criticised this season for similar when he’s also learning in his first season in the premier league. I think the talk of White coming in instead of him now is premature.

And any player who gets to play under Bielsa is a lucky player. Let him learn from him as much as possible.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Harrison for Leeds looks the nuts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here