Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
With Dirty Leeds being almost as massive as the massive. It isn't difficult to check how Ben White is doing. There is a huge amount of hype, based on some fantastic performances, but also a few notes of caution, particularly in the last couple of games, where there is a suggestion of a dip in form.

A combination of a lot of hype piling the pressure on and a roughing up from a powerful centre forward yesterday, who we know can be a handful on his day, should be a note of caution for those clamouring for an instant return.

It sounds to me like we have a fantastic prospect, but one who is still learning and not an instant cure for what was a below par performance yesterday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With Dirty Leeds being almost as massive as the massive. It isn't difficult to check how Ben White is doing. There is a huge amount of hype, based on some fantastic performances, but also a few notes of caution, particularly in the last couple of games, where there is a suggestion of a dip in form.

A combination of a lot of hype piling the pressure on and a roughing up from a powerful centre forward yesterday, who we know can be a handful on his day, should be a note of caution for those clamouring for an instant return.

It sounds to me like we have a fantastic prospect, but one who is still learning and not an instant cure for what was a below par performance yesterday.

Indeed. He was mugged into giving away that pen yesterday.

Incidentally, the football league show on Quest is excellent. Colon Murray is bonkers, though, muffing his cues; probably in and out the studio for a crafty ciggy :mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

No Albion player can ever be as good as they are when they're not playing for the Albion. :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the debate on a recall for Ben White is all hypothetical because GP will not drop Webster as he paid a lot of money for him so will stick by him irrespective of what we all think.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the debate on a recall for Ben White is all hypothetical because GP will not drop Webster as he paid a lot of money for him so will stick by him irrespective of what we all think.

Yes and also we don’t know how an even less experienced White will do. Why disrupt his development for a ‘quick fix’

Also didn’t he give away the penalty against Fulham yesterday ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Instead of tinkering with the rules on e.g. players leaving the field by the nearest touch line, the FA could better spend their time introducing rules that would enable them to retrospectively ban cheating ***** like Robson Kanu.

They have it's called successful deception of an official.

However - it needs to have lead to a sending off or a penalty which this didn't.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

However - it needs to have lead to a sending off or a penalty which this didn't.

Hopefully after seeing incidents like this it will encourage FA to further extend it beyond penalties and red cards - sets a dreadful example for kids.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

It should not have to. Something like this should see a ban and the yellow cancelled. White might miss a game later in the season due to a ban or he might not have defended the same way after being booked in this match. I hate diving. It is beyond a joke now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It should not have to. Something like this should see a ban and the yellow cancelled. White might miss a game later in the season due to a ban or he might not have defended the same way after being booked in this match. I hate diving. It is beyond a joke now.

White wasn’t booked for it though - that twitter reply is wrong. But either way, I agree that RK should get a retrospective ban. Big one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here