Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
White won't be leaving us unless it's to a club willing to pay in excess of £30m for a championship player, a defensive player at that.

No need to worry chaps, let's sell Balogun and Duffy mercy summer and drop White into the back three.

Dunk-white-Webster.. that's a ridiculously good back three!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
White won't be leaving us unless it's to a club willing to pay in excess of £30m for a championship player, a defensive player at that.

No need to worry chaps, let's sell Balogun and Duffy mercy summer and drop White into the back three.

Dunk-white-Webster.. that's a ridiculously good back three!

Come next June, White one way or another will be a PL player. Assuming we stay up.

Astute TB will determine the fee, we hold all the aces.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...hite-will-see-out-season-leeds-united-1337418

Guess this puts an end to the recall White rumours.

The Seagulls head coach addressed some of the media speculation that has linked White with a January move to another Premier League club, with Liverpool one of those said to be keen on the centre-half.

The YEP reported last month that there was 'no chance' White would be going back in the transfer window, due to the number of games he has played for Marcelo Bielsa's Whites and the lack of other recall stipulations in the deal.And Potter has confirmed that the 22-year-old will remain at Elland Road, where he is excelling in the Championship's meanest defence, until the end of the season.

“There is all sorts of talk, as we know," he said. "But the reality of it is he is our player and he has got a future with us and we are looking forward to having him back at the right time and go from there. He is a player we like a lot.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That's really not good news. Even worse making a decision this early. If he is good enough then play him in PL he will learn a lot playing against the best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's really not good news. Even worse making a decision this early. If he is good enough then play him in PL he will learn a lot playing against the best.
Clearly the club would prefer him labelled 'the weakest link' in November rather than April.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

We cannot recall him as they have played him enough times that the recall clause on games played is in effect. There are no other options. Beyond that, WHY would we want to disrupt him mid season? He might come in, to a new team, new coach and really struggle. Let him carry on smashing it with Leeds, then come and have a full pre-season with us. We should at least give him a fighting chance!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We cannot recall him as they have played him enough times that the recall clause on games played is in effect. There are no other options. Beyond that, WHY would we want to disrupt him mid season? He might come in, to a new team, new coach and really struggle. Let him carry on smashing it with Leeds, then come and have a full pre-season with us. We should at least give him a fighting chance!

No, we can recall him hence the statement from Potter. Personally think Webster still needs to improve on his defensive ability and if white is better then we play him. We have conceded some poor goals . All opinions.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No, we can recall him hence the statement from Potter. Personally think Webster still needs to improve on his defensive ability and if white is better then we play him. We have conceded some poor goals . All opinions.

The criticism on here of Webster and backing of White is a joke. Webster has been decent for us despite some so called fans comments about him. And what has White done so far? He has been great in the Championship. Exactly as Webster was last season for Bristol City apparently

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Correct.

Incorrect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems that the fake news about us being unable to recall White is gaining misleading traction again.

Potter said he can be recalled. Case closed.

Although it seems unlikely that we will at this stage - a significant injury may change this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, yes it does - but the YEP's apparent idea that we cannot recall him because he's played X number of games is, IMHO, total bollox aimed at pleasing their readership. It's because he's played X number of games that we're happy the loan is a good one for him and us so we want him to stay to the end of the season.

Nothing to do with we can't recall him - I'm sure we can; we just don't want to. Quite rightly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, yes it does - but the YEP's apparent idea that we cannot recall him because he's played X number of games is, IMHO, total bollox aimed at pleasing their readership. It's because he's played X number of games that we're happy the loan is a good one for him and us so we want him to stay to the end of the season.

Nothing to do with we can't recall him - I'm sure we can; we just don't want to. Quite rightly.
Potter has said we can recall him.

Clearly we don't want to. But a bad injury could change that.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The criticism on here of Webster and backing of White is a joke. Webster has been decent for us despite some so called fans comments about him. And what has White done so far? He has been great in the Championship. Exactly as Webster was last season for Bristol City apparently

I have said IF he is better not that he is better. Indications are at this stage that White is better player than Webster at championship level and if so then he needs to be tried at the PL level sooner than later to see how good he is and whether he can improve the current team. It might also mean we can have some more flexibility with where Webster plays. I like what I see of Webster coming forward but feel there are areas to improve in way he defends. If he is with us then it gives us better options than say Balogun or maybe Duffy.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It seems that the fake news about us being unable to recall White is gaining misleading traction again.

Potter said he can be recalled. Case closed.

Although it seems unlikely that we will at this stage - a significant injury may change this.

My understanding is that we would not be able to do that after January though....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have said IF he is better not that he is better. Indications are at this stage that White is better player than Webster at championship level and if so then he needs to be tried at the PL level sooner than later to see how good he is and whether he can improve the current team. It might also mean we can have some more flexibility with where Webster plays. I like what I see of Webster coming forward but feel there are areas to improve in way he defends. If he is with us then it gives us better options than say Balogun or maybe Duffy.

We’ll never know as he’s going to be a Leeds player next season, one of their fans assured me of this :wink:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think it’s great for White to stay with a small club until the end of the season. More game time can only be beneficial for him. No brainer.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We’ll never know as he’s going to be a Leeds player next season, one of their fans assured me of this :wink:

Much better to make sure they are all in the dark about what will happen. That way, when the meltdown comes it will be all the more hilarious

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I think it’s great for White to stay with a small club until the end of the season. More game time can only be beneficial for him. No brainer.

Much better to make sure they are all in the dark about what will happen. That way, when the meltdown comes it will be all the more hilarious

Even better if we pull him last minute....ì

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here