Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is no evidence whatsoever that he would be disgruntled playing in the PL for Brighton and Potter next season. None.

Despite what PFG and plenty of others would have us believe.

All the evidence would suggest if White could choose a PL manager to play for, GPott would be that man.

While The Albion would be that club, as he's pretty much guaranteed a contract extension next September...

...October...

..and another one in November.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Conveniently ignoring the ‘potentially disgruntled player’ aspect of it.

I think we'll agree to disagree. But my opinion is that once a team's in the PL and able to pay the big money, there's not much potential for head turning by any club outside of the big 6, unless Champions League is involved.

Anyway, what a time to be an Albion fan. Not only have we got a 22 year old development player that people are putting a £30m price tag on, we've also got a 20 year old Argentina full international who's a regular on loan at Boca Juniors (and scored this week). I remember being excited at the signing of Jason Peake from Rochdale for 100K.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This has reminded me, I was going to post a poll on where people see us in the "bigness league", ie if you rate clubs down from the very biggest (Sheffield Wednesday, obvs) down, what position would you place us in?

I'll post it tomorrow - interested to see where the average placing is.

I'm with others who have posted along the lines of bigness is similar to the 'My mum is better than your mum' argument. She might - or might not be - but it's ultimately pointless as TV money rather than fat Northerners with whippets through the door is king and you can't change your mum.

The poll I'd like to see is 'Which is the best run club in the country? We be at least nailed on for a Champions League place and would piss the group stages once we got there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
aye up lads. white is a decent player, reliable and consistent. but he is playing in the championship, against championship standard teams, doesn't take much to look great against some of the shite down there. there is a lot of hysteria surrounding him.

a lot of his "talent" (and not to say other teams can't do same but they don't in championship where there is so much hack and hoof ball) is how well drilled leeds are. Bielsa has them individually knowing a -> b --> c and so he is surrounded by players he knows will be doing x so he can do y and when you are that well drilled and fit (poor kid thought he was in good condition when he came to leeds and was soon told to shape up) it is hard to look awful.

anyway he is decent enough, but not premiership level. if he was that is where he would be and not playing reading away.

Not unlike Dunk, Duffy, Webster and Burn were then.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Love all the Leeds fans comments along the line of "White only became good when he came to Leeds as it was Bielsa's coaching that brought his potential out". How flipping deluded are they?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it is so hard to ‘look awful’ at Bielsa’s Leeds, how come Harrison, Alioski, Bamford, Brown and Forshaw have regularly managed it over the past 2 seasons? :shrug:

i don't think they have.

Fair enough - it is a game of opinions after all.

A twitter search of 'Bamford shit', 'Harrison shit', etc, or just keeping abreast of WACCOE over the last two seasons suggests that large numbers of your fellow Leeds fans disagree, though.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Leeds can't afford White even if they go up.

They would be mad to spend such a large chunk of their first year PL money on 1 player. Not happening.

Liverpool or Man Utd ? Different story.

There seems to be growing substance to the rumour that the Qatari wealth fund, that has already transformed PSG, is looking to buy Leeds.

If that happens then they will buy who they want. Maybe even Mbappe?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
far far too much worrying going on.

Crikey just listen to Potter, he's our player, we want him, he loves him and he will be in our squad next year and probably starting 11.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
People's perception of Leeds as a big club might not match Ben White's. He was 6 when they were last in the Premier League. Most of his life they have been a Championship/League 1 side getting crowds in the mid 20000s.

Assuming we stay up, I think we can expect the club to offer him a new deal next Summer with a big pay rise together with a charm offensive on how central to our plans he'll be.

Even if he doesn't sign I think he'll still play for us next season unless a club that can offer Champions League football comes in with a huge offer. I can't envisage him going to Leeds if we stay up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
anyway he is decent enough, but not premiership level. if he was that is where he would be and not playing reading away.

Worst logic I’ve ever heard. Unless you mean the whole squad also needs replacing if you go up?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yes, pretty much. Our team is not a prem league team, phillips aside. He is only one worth a decent premier league shot

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
apologies am an old git can't figure out how to edit.

our team is an over achieving championship one, not a premier league one in waiting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not saying anything against White as I consider him to be a great prospect but could he turn out to be another Webster a very good championship player who we all hope may turn out to be a Premier quality one in time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am not saying anything against White as I consider him to be a great prospect but could he turn out to be another Dunk a very good championship player who may turn out to be a Premier quality one in time.

:yawn:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I will say if Leeds want White that much, then they can have him as long as they give us Kalvin Phillips in return! What a player he is and exactly the type of player and position we need.

I think we should recall White in January and put a bid in for Phillips just for a laugh. It would be hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here