Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I tried to explain that to someone the other day.
Now either I did a piss poor job of explaining my point or they were a fudging idiot (tough call) as they couldn't see it.

The team could get relegated.
Sell £50m+ worth of players.
Yet still start next season with the same 25 man squad from the previous season.

It's almost as if there's a plan.

It is entirely possible, they just glazed over Stat - sorry you were saying?

I agree. Duffy is out of contract and there doesn't seem to be any sign of a renewal, at the moment.
Funny how there have been no threads about him running down his contract.

Is he playing on a match-by-match basis now?

I tried to explain that to someone the other day.
Now either I did a piss job of explaining my point or they were a fudging idiot (tough call) as they couldn't see it..
I suspect it was the former.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1197780079952244736[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]1197780079952244736[/tweet]
It is good to have it confirmed by Potter that we CAN recall White if we have a defensive crisis in January.

So all the rubbish coming out of Leeds about White having played too many minutes for a recall is just Fake News.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Football Weekly podcast:-

'on loan Brighton centre back Ben White is a Rolls Royce of a defender'.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Berbatov ?

Yeah do you know what as soon as I posted that I realised I was posting absolute bollocks. It's got quite an interestingly loose definition though, beyond someone who just 'oozes class'. They can be pretty much any sort of player

There are obviously loads of non-defender Rolls Royce players. Alonso, Scholes, Lampard, Zidane, Berbatov, Henry. A quick google reveals that even John Obi Mikel was given the accolade.

Ignore me

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah a wet Sunday afternoon and Leeds fans think they're keeping White.

Lovely

[tweet]1198562202631979008[/tweet]

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’ve just stumbled across a Leeds thread on Twitter, Phil Hay of The Athletic has asked fans for their Leeds XI off the decade, an awful lot of them have got Ben White in the team despite having only played 17 games.

[tweet]1198927837417418754[/tweet]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's incredibly petty and mean-spirited but I REALLY hope we recall White just to see the Leeds fans go into meltdown.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yeah do you know what as soon as I posted that I realised I was posting absolute bollocks. It's got quite an interestingly loose definition though, beyond someone who just 'oozes class'. They can be pretty much any sort of player

There are obviously loads of non-defender Rolls Royce players. Alonso, Scholes, Lampard, Zidane, Berbatov, Henry. A quick google reveals that even John Obi Mikel was given the accolade.

Ignore me

top drawer fella

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's incredibly petty and mean-spirited but I REALLY hope we recall White just to see the Leeds fans go into meltdown.

Not worried about Leeds but I do have a nagging feeling that he is our most talented defender. I think he is more of a prospect than both Connolly & Alzate. White-Dunk-Burn at the back makes a lot of sense come January.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not worried about Leeds but I do have a nagging feeling that he is our most talented defender. I think he is more of a prospect than both Connolly & Alzate. White-Dunk-Burn at the back makes a lot of sense come January.

As much as we’d like him back in January seems pretty clear now that’s not going to happen. Recent quotes suggest the club will let him finish the season at Leeds come what may.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally, I’d recall him and off-load Burn.

Burn was very good early on, but really just isn’t quite good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
When he does return I have a feeling there may be some rather unrealistic expectations. His progress is good but remember he is only playing for little Leeds in the lower leagues......He needs to be back at the Albion with premier league players around him ASAP.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Ignore me

Wingers are often described as ‘flying’.
Not wingers like Darren Currie though.......... he was Beckhamesque.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here