[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even an offer above £30m does not make sense. Where do we get a replacement of the same quality?
This is Brighton and Hove Albion we're talking about.

I'll conservatively guess there's at least 2.3 bazillion like for like replacements milling around Lancing.
Seemingly there might also be 1 striker, in 5 years time...

...which makes a pleasant change. :lol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
He will make up our back 3 next year with Dunk and Webster.
It could be a backline worthy of England if only Gareth knew where the Amex was.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I’d say that if we want to keep him he needs to be playing for us and not a championship side.
No room? Not enough playing time in the first team? Make it happen! There are some very young players playing at the top level all over the world.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Even if Leeds go up; as a newly promoted team they’re not going to have the funds to be able to make BHA an offer we can’t refuse, neither can they offer White himself a salary that we can’t match either.

*assuming BHA don’t get relegated and FFP rules are adhered to to some sort of degree by Leeds.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He will make up our back 3 next year with Dunk and Webster.
It could be a backline worthy of England if only Gareth knew where the Amex was.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I agree. Duffy is out of contract and there doesn't seem to be any sign of a renewal, at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree. Duffy is out of contract and there doesn't seem to be any sign of a renewal, at the moment.
Is he?

I thought he was on the Dunky renewal gravy train.

It makes absolutely no sense for them to run down £10-£20m Shane Duffy's contract.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Leeds get promoted and this happens and he want to stay it could get messy

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/s...-fans-shocked-by-mental-post-qsi-takeover-xi/

Even if that does happen, Liverpool and Man U are already showing an interest in White (reported as genuine by The Athletic), so it’s down to who is prepared to pay the most.

Two possible scenarios: We either gain a classy ball playing centre back for nothing or £30m+ in the transfer kitty without losing any current first team players. It’s win win for BHA.

Worth considering just how many valuable assets we currently have on our books playing senior football at Championship and/or senior international level that haven’t even made the first team squad yet:

MacAllister
Tao
Molumby
Walton
Baluta

I’m sure there are more in the pipeline.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even if that does happen, Liverpool and Man U are already showing an interest in White (reported as genuine by The Athletic), so it’s down to who is prepared to pay the most.

Two possible scenarios: We either gain a classy ball playing centre back for nothing or £30m+ in the transfer kitty without losing any current first team players. It’s win win for BHA.

Worth considering just how many valuable assets we currently have on our books playing senior football at Championship and/or senior international level that haven’t even made the first team squad yet:

MacAllister
Tao
Molumby
Walton
Baluta

I’m sure there are more in the pipeline.
I tried to explain that to someone the other day.
Now either I did a piss poor job of explaining my point or they were a fudging idiot (tough call) as they couldn't see it.

The team could get relegated.
Sell £50m+ worth of players.
Yet still start next season with the same 25 man squad from the previous season.

It's almost as if there's a plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports