[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That is a lovely read, and great to know we held our ground in not giving in to the sale clause at the end of the season. The best outcome now would be that the "mighty" Leeds United ultimately fail in their push for promotion, otherwise Leeds may come back in for him and there is an outside chance the player himself grows fond of the club and himself pushes for a move. Knowing dirty Leeds they probably are already whispering in his ear about what a great sleeping giant the club are and we are only little old Brighton.

That is my fear.

However that may work out, it's up to BHAFC whether we're ready to sell him, and to a good degree, that price we're willing to accept. Everyone else has little control, maybe some influence, but little control.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is a lovely read, and great to know we held our ground in not giving in to the sale clause at the end of the season. The best outcome now would be that the "mighty" Leeds United ultimately fail in their push for promotion, otherwise Leeds may come back in for him and there is an outside chance the player himself grows fond of the club and himself pushes for a move. Knowing dirty Leeds they probably are already whispering in his ear about what a great sleeping giant the club are and we are only little old Brighton.

That is my fear.

If you read back through the thread I suggested similar but was assured it wouldn’t happen, so all is good, no need to worry yourself about it :wink:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We play him or lose him next season IMO

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1197188417207046144[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't see anything other than a massive wedge of cash being offered by ManUre, (Spurs?) , Liverpool etc... making that happen
Irrespective of the size of the massive wedge:-

A) After a season of Potterball, in the Premier League, it'll look like a slither.

&

2) Mr Bloom, unbelievable, is showing no sign of needing a massive wedge of cash. (A fact I still can't get my head around)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Irrespective of the size of the massive wedge:-

A) After a season of Potterball, in the Premier League, it'll look like a slither.

&

2) Mr Bloom, unbelievable, is showing no sign of needing a massive wedge of cash. (A fact I still can't get my head around)

And still nobody really knows Mr Bs true worth

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He’ll replace either Dunk or Duffy in the summer, I’d be stunned if we let him go unless an unbelievable offer came in from a very big club, as in over £30m. That won’t be Leeds.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He’ll replace either Dunk or Duffy in the summer, I’d be stunned if we let him go unless an unbelievable offer came in from a very big club, as in over £30m. That won’t be Leeds.
And a decent sell-on % for when he is next sold for an even bigger fee.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Wan-Bissaka is younger than our Ben. Only one Premier League season and he’s a £50m player in a scum-2-scum transfer.

Two facts that make your £30m fee laughable:

1. Ben White is a better prospect than Wan-Bissaka
2. Tony knows a thing or two about investments, both short and long term.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011

Even an offer above £30m does not make sense. Where do we get a replacement of the same quality?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Wan-Bissaka is younger than our Ben. Only one Premier League season and he’s a £50m player in a scum-2-scum transfer.

Two facts that make your £30m fee laughable:

1. Ben White is a better prospect than Wan-Bissaka
2. Tony knows a thing or two about investments, both short and long term.

You’ve answered your own question - RIGHT NOW Ben White has looked absolute class IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, a bit like Knockeart........
We all know first hand now just how big the step up is.
If he looks the same in the EPL after a season then we can start talking about £50m......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You’ve answered your own question - RIGHT NOW Ben White has looked absolute class IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, a bit like Knockeart........
We all know first hand now just how big the step up is.
If he looks the same in the EPL after a season then we can start talking about £50m......

Probably closer to the truth....if his season carries on as it is, he’ll be in the Webster price bracket at an absolute minimum by the end of the season, and double that a season later if he makes the step up.

Genuinely don’t think there is a hope in hell the club will sell him though. He’s precisely the kind of player we want for Potterball, he’s come through the academy (at least for a bit) and we don’t need the money.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Probably closer to the truth....if his season carries on as it is, he’ll be in the Webster price bracket at an absolute minimum by the end of the season, and double that a season later if he makes the step up.

Genuinely don’t think there is a hope in hell the club will sell him though. He’s precisely the kind of player we want for Potterball, he’s come through the academy (at least for a bit) and we don’t need the money.

The club might not need the money but the player temptation would be my worry. A Liverpool would think nothing of paying £75k a week for a squad player, virtually double what we pay a first team starter.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The club might not need the money but the player temptation would be my worry. A Liverpool would think nothing of paying £75k a week for a squad player, virtually double what we pay a first team starter.

Fair point, but if his head was turned to that extent Liverpool etc would need pay a stupid sum for us to let him go though.......

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Makes you laugh that they think they've turned him into a good player. He was good before he went, which is why we farmed him out to get some competitive experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports