Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What if he digs his heels in about wanting to stay at Leeds and they are willing to pay good money? Pretty well nobody apart from Zaha is kept prisoner at a club they want out of.

Disclaimer - I have no reason to think he won’t be creaming himself at leaving Leeds and coming back here though :smile:
He won't.

Even if, and he won't, even if he said 'i wanna stay'.
His agent will be saying:-

'No fudging way you're staying here'.

Disclaimer: none of that applies if the Albion are relegated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you’re wrong. He will still have 2 years left on his contract next summer and we aren’t going to be bullied by a newly promoted club, regardless of how big they think they are. Let’s get over the inferiority complex; we get 30K every week, have some of the best training facilities and the country and are in our 3rd season in the top flight. The only clubs with the finances and prestige to turn his head would be one of the big 6.

I may be wrong, it’s just an opinion :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dale Stephens? And that was with only 9 months left on his contract.

Good point but Stephens was an integral part of a team looking to get to the PL and replacing him would have been nigh on impossible in the time frame. White isn’t even a squad player though and we have a wealth of CBs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good point but Stephens was an integral part of a team looking to get to the PL and replacing him would have been nigh on impossible in the time frame. White isn’t even a squad player though and we have a wealth of CBs.

If Potter wants him - and I think he is his ideal type of defender - then we aren’t selling to a club like Leeds.
He’ll be a BHA player next season unless we get relegated or one of the big 6 makes an offer that can’t be refused.

When was the last time we sold a player we didn’t want to - Ulloa, wasn’t it? And that was in the days of quite stringent (if not strictly applied) FFP requirements to a team in the league above that could treble his wages overnight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I will lay out some facts for you:-

FACT - Potter loves a ball playing centre half.
FACT - Potter can take said centre half and improve them.
FACT - Potter loves them so much he's prepared to spend £20m of someone else's money on one.
FACT - Potter would all but kill to get a player of White's ability, atm he's getting him for free.
FACT - White has been groomed for next season, for approximately 3 years.
FACT - It's flipping good fun reminding Leeds fans of this.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Interesting watching the Q&A involving Ben White on the previous page. He's very quietly spoken and really not all that keen to talk too much. He comes across as very humble and reserved. The Rio Ferdinand answer wasn't popular. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I will lay out some facts for you:-

FACT - Potter loves a ball playing centre half.
FACT - Potter can take said centre half and improve them.
FACT - Potter loves them so much he's prepared to spend £20m of someone else's money on one.
FACT - Potter would all but kill to get a player of White's ability, atm he's getting him for free.
FACT - White has been groomed for next season, for approximately 3 years.
FACT - It's flipping good fun reminding Leeds fans of this.

I think I might leave NSC if you keep up this bullying

Just finalising my leaving thread as we speak.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I might leave NSC if you keep up this bullying

Just finalising my leaving thread as we speak.

:cry:

You can't leave me alone with these people.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The Albion Roar episode with the head of the academy was very enlightening, explaining how they have specific plans for players based on what they need. Do they need Championship football, lower leagues or more time with the academy. None of what is happening is an accident. Leeds wanted Ben, it was the right loan for him. I would imagine they wanted him to get a point season playing with and facing more technical players. The step up from 15 games in league 1 to prem is massive. The risk of throwing him in last August would have been too big and he’d have been wasted playing the odd game in the Carabao.

We were explicit with Leeds when Ben White went there. He’s not for sale. I’d be stunned if he isn’t in our back three next season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Albion Roar episode with the head of the academy was very enlightening, explaining how they have specific plans for players based on what they need. Do they need Championship football, lower leagues or more time with the academy. None of what is happening is an accident. Leeds wanted Ben, it was the right loan for him. I would imagine they wanted him to get a point season playing with and facing more technical players. The step up from 15 games in league 1 to prem is massive. The risk of throwing him in last August would have been too big and he’d have been wasted playing the odd game in the Carabao.

We were explicit with Leeds when Ben White went there. He’s not for sale. I’d be stunned if he isn’t in our back three next season.

Interesting last sentence, do you have a link to it? I really hope that you are right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not dispute that Ben White is foremost in our plans and as we bought Matt Clark and Adam Webster can we assume that at least one of the current CBs will be going.either in January or more likely the summer. The obvious ones that could be replaced are Balogun, Burn and possibly Duffy unless of course they envisage a big bid for Lewis Dunk. from a top 6 side.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
one of the current CBs will be going.either in January or more likely the summer. The obvious ones that could be replaced are... ...Burn...

giphy.gif

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Burn had a couple of good games early season but recently has been the weak link and caught out. I expect him to miss out when Webster and Bernardo are back. either in a back 3 or 4 which ever we play.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do not dispute that Ben White is foremost in our plans and as we bought Matt Clark and Adam Webster can we assume that at least one of the current CBs will be going.either in January or more likely the summer. The obvious ones that could be replaced are Balogun, Burn and possibly Duffy unless of course they envisage a big bid for Lewis Dunk. from a top 6 side.

Balogun is only backup and likely to be off at some point. I don’t think Potter sees Duffy as sufficiently good with his feet - he’ll go before Burn does in the Potter setup. Very much expect first choice CBs next season (assuming we’re not relegated) to be Webster, Dunk and White, with Burn as cover (and occasionally left wingback - Duffy isn’t able to play anywhere other than CB). Reckon it’ll be the summer before we see any changes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although plenty good enough for Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here