Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Roberts

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I see Ben Roberts played for Yeovil yesterday in there 3-3 draw against Swindon, there seems to be quite a few old albion players for them, Jonesy, Virgs, Ben Roberts, Sam Williams, Dean Bowditch, anyway its good to hear Ben's still playing

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You look at all those players, and not one single player would even get close to a place in our starting XI. Virgo might possibly sneak on the bench.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought he retired injured?!

I believe he did, his last game before yesterday was that glorious day in Cardiff! I think all their goalkeepers are injured, so probably stepped in because he had to. (Just seen he came on at HT as their GK couldn't shake off an injury)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
You look at all those players, and not one single player would even get close to a place in our starting XI. Virgo might possibly sneak on the bench.

Presumably you mean on their current form, as Roberts in his prime would stroll into any team in League One.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He is their goalkeeping coach and also chief scout.
Yup, equivalent of what Paul Crichton was for us a couple of years back. Made the bench a few times, played plenty of reserve games but never made a first team appearance I don't think.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I thought he'd had an insurance payout for his injury...

Agree with HP that Roberts at his best would easily be our number one.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I thought he'd had an insurance payout for his injury...

Agree with HP that Roberts at his best would easily be our number one.

he never took the payout as he didnt need it

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He disappeared to Brazil with Chris May travelling. I met May in a pub and I'm pretty sure he said that Roberts didn't take the insurance payout as he was hoping to play again at some point in his life.

If he is a decent coach, I wouldn't mind seeing him back here at some stage.

D

Deleted User X18H

he never took the payout as he didnt need it

Hang on! Isn't the club indemnified against a player on a contract being injured and being able to fulfill that contract but still being paid in full for its duration.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt there a time when he was considered as a back up to Kuipers but couldnt play because there was a problem with the insurance pay out and he would have had to repay it... I thought that he took it originally as in fact did Tony Roberts who is now the keeper for Dagenham & Redbridge.

D

Deleted User X18H

Wasnt there a time when he was considered as a back up to Kuipers but couldnt play because there was aproblem with the insurance pay out and he would have hjad to repay it... I thought that he took it originally as in fact did Tony Roberst who is now the keeper for Dangenham & Redbridge.

Yes but is the payout to indemnify against future earnings based on longjevity of career?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here