Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Hamer, next Brighton #1

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
His beard is magnificent... His goalkeeping however is not.

Certainly not up to the standard we're used to and will need when PIG finally leaves us (yesterday 11am?).

His kicking was sh*t, his vision was poor and his command of his defense was non existent.

No thank you, would rather have Walton.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He would be handy as we have no Taliban Beards at the Albion, black ones are more realistic, our squad is too discerning.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hitler hair :lolol: sounds much better than brush over!
Now you must have a name for the strange beard types Edna?

The Brian Blessed?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Adam Clayton of Huddersfield has the best Blessed of the current crop.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Adam Clayton of Huddersfield has the best Blessed of the current crop.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Crawley legend apparently

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What the OP has done is believed the rumours about TK, knowing that we have Jones (former Charlton) put 2 and 2 together and decided that we're after Hamer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't agree with that, Edna. I respect their opinion, they see him more than we do, but he was in goal for Brentford when they won League 2. He was in goal for Charlton when they won League 1 in more style even than we did. He is good with his feet, which is important for a team like ours, and is young enough to keep improving. Also, I doubt he would command a wage anywhere near that of Kuszczak, which is important for the bottom line numbers. We need to evolve the squad in the summer, we need to replace some of the older guard for the benefit of the team.

We already have a keeper who has two promotions from League One though and he's not considered good enough. Also age is less important for keepers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would they not go for TK who wants to play in the Premier again?

Because he's not good enough as a no 1 Premier League keeper? No idea how good the Charlton keeper is but he looked distinctly average yesterday, I am used to seeing GREAT, world class even, saves from keepers when they play against Brighton.

I only had a quick look at the Leicester goal against us and I think Kuz should have done better, I may be wrong but lucky Bruno wasn't on the pitch to berate him :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
His beard is magnificent... His goalkeeping however is not.

Certainly not up to the standard we're used to and will need when PIG finally leaves us (yesterday 11am?).

His kicking was sh*t, his vision was poor and his command of his defense was non existent.

No thank you, would rather have Walton.

About twenty good keepers in the Championship and Hamer ain't one of them, which puts him amongst the worst of the first teamers and not as good as many second string keepers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TK said his agent has been in talks with 3 Premier clubs and I cant think of 3 there at the moment and likely to be still there next season who would be interested so assume 2 of the clubs are likely to be those getting promoted ie Leicester and Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here