Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben Diaz.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
He has done it at international level for Chile.
Proper target man
Could be a great signing.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Rovers supporter here.
To be honest, No. 9 has not looked to be his best spot so far. He's less comfortable with his back to the goal.
Running at defenders from just outside the box is his greatest strength, especially from a left-central position.
He did score a cracking header last week, though.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Rovers supporter here.
To be honest, No. 9 has not looked to be his best spot so far. He's less comfortable with his back to the goal.
Running at defenders from just outside the box is his greatest strength, especially from a left-central position.

He’d fit right in then, we don’t like #9s here.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Blackburn Rovers supporter here.
This is the deal: you can have Ben for 20 million, as long as you throw in Khadra and van Hecke.
They've been absolute rubbish :whistle: but we're very generous in the North-West.

Albion supporter here.

No deal. However, we’ll throw in two strikers. Locadia and Andone plus the £20m.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Albion supporter here.

No deal. However, we’ll throw in two strikers. Locadia and Andone plus the £20m.

I'm suspicious!

It's strange. For a couple of games, Khadra just looked like a headless chicken, but he has been top-notch in his last few appearances.
As for van Hecke, he had a mad moment against Fulham, but he's a proper centre-half who also appears remarkably comfortable on the ball for such a big bloke.
Great character too.
It's a big step-up from the Championship to the PL, but they both look to have the necessary quality.
Mowbray and Potter seem to be on good terms, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see some kind of player+money deal if your interest in BBD is serious.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm suspicious!

It's strange. For a couple of games, Khadra just looked like a headless chicken, but he has been top-notch in his last few appearances.
As for van Hecke, he had a mad moment against Fulham, but he's a proper centre-half who also appears remarkably comfortable on the ball for such a big bloke.
Great character too.
It's a big step-up from the Championship to the PL, but they both look to have the necessary quality.
Mowbray and Potter seem to be on good terms, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see some kind of player+money deal if your interest in BBD is serious.

If you give us BBD, we’ll give you BDB.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm suspicious!

Great character too.

BBD - we can't have him, we'll all be mixing him up with BDB!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm suspicious!

Great character too.

With our injury issues, we may have to recall Van Heck. Khadra is very highly thought of so I highly doubt it would happen.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Sorry, but if I had a few hours I could put a better highlights reel, from the various bits of home footage of myself playing in the local leagues

2 yard tap ins, penalties nearly saved and poorly struck misses.

Not saying he's a bad player or he wouldn't be a good signing. But it's a shocking video reel posted above

The only goals he would have got close to scoring in the Premier League are the second pen and possibly the last goal header. Control - take a couple of touches - slot it past the keeper...yeah sure!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blackburn Rovers supporter here.
This is the deal: you can have Ben for 20 million, as long as you throw in Khadra and van Hecke.
They've been absolute rubbish :whistle: but we're very generous in the North-West.

I'm calling bullshit!

We may or may not be interested in the former bang-average Championship striker Ben Brereton, now cleverly re-branded as a South America whizz-kid called Diaz, for £20M. Like all rumours, I've no idea whether there's any truth in it or not. But if we are seeking to do a deal, van Hecke and Khadra are settling quite nicely into top-level Championship football (van Hecke's wonderfully acrobatic red card notwithstanding), and while between them they may well not be worth £20M - yet - be assured that acquiring their full time services would take a substantial chunk out of the £20M for Diaz!
I suspect both of them have already cost us fees involving seven figure sums.

P.S. Whatever happens at the end of their loan periods, I hope they continue to do well for you. :thumbsup:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Rovers supporter here.

Yep that’s exactly my impression of him from watching him since his Forest days and for you. I think the target man and Murray comments are wide of the mark and based purely on his size without actually watching him.

You really did have an excellent attack last season with BBD, Armstrong and Elliot didn’t you?!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes please. We don’t need a ‘target man’, we need a big-ish, strong-ish and fast-ish forward like Welbeck to compliment Maupay and fit our style. That’s exactly what Ben is. Realistic level and age. Plenty of loan players to continue sending out but can only see us selling ones we don’t want.

Could they also take Connelly or Loacadia on loan from Jan. if we don’t want to loan Ben back for rest of season? Just for free. Guess not if already have two Albion loanees?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here