Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If anyone is looking for some Christmas cards to get for their co-workers.
https://theshovel.bigcartel.com/product/wankernomics-3-pack

Wankernomics+3+pack+long+shot.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
New nominations from me .... my bosses.
Just made 2 warehouse staff redundant (inc. my best mate) even though we know the company isn't in financial difficulties, or in trouble, and are looking to invest in new machinery in the near future (we are talking in the millions). Its just been quiet this year after a record breaking year last year.

Fuming.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What the shit is a 'Level Set' ?

It sounds like something a videogame company uses to make levels.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

No idea.

I suspect it's a phrase I will become more accustomed to over the next couple of months.
It's probably one of those meaningless business phrases, that completely washes over me until I realise it's a buzzword and then I will hear it everywhere.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I'm an hour and 45 minutes into the meeting and I'm still none the wiser.

A more appropriate title would have been "Senior Managers argue over what we should work on next"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm currently in a meeting titled: "Present Go to Market Strategy as a Level Set"

No. Me neither.
I understand all of those words individually but as a whole I’m less sure..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wouldn’t recommend those believe it or not some of the cheaper levels aren’t well level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a thing.

Every time I'm off my 'man Friday' gets himself a disciplinary - he'll not be remembering our triumphant march round Europe as fondly as we will.
I genuinely don't understand, he's a great worker who gets on with his job, and there's now only 2 people who know more than him, but he does struggle with communicating!

Anyhoo, I've been told he got the sack today - The Albion are very much to blame.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Today at my work, the following meetings are taking place a paper aeroplanes throw away from each others locations.

Meeting Room 1 : Climate change and our corporate responsibility
Meeting Room 2 : Data centre expansion Programme.

If someone can tell me how those meetings are compatible with a corporate strategy, I'm all ears.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Today at my work, the following meetings are taking place a paper aeroplanes throw away from each others locations.

Meeting Room 1 : Climate change and our corporate responsibility
Meeting Room 2 : Data centre expansion Programme.

If someone can tell me how those meetings are compatible with a corporate strategy, I'm all ears.
You’re just jealous that you didn’t get an invite 😉

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
“Level set” is a new corporate phrase invented by someone who thinks they are very, very clever and very important and indispensable.
Just to "circle back" on this. Three people used "level set" in a meeting I was in yesterday. I guess it's quite contagious.

Jul 7, 2003
Got this line from our Global Leadership team on the subject of "Thriving in a high performing organisation":

"Throughout the year, you will receive more valuable information and resources that help you BOOST - Build Our Organisational Success Together - and elevate your performance."

Gus from Drop The Dead Donkey is alive and well and making a fortune rolling out such drivel

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Here's a thing.

Every time I'm off my 'man Friday' gets himself a disciplinary - he'll not be remembering our triumphant march round Europe as fondly as we will.
I genuinely don't understand, he's a great worker who gets on with his job, and there's now only 2 people who know more than him, but he does struggle with communicating!

Anyhoo, I've been told he got the sack today - The Albion are very much to blame.
What type of industry are you in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here