Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Lush

Mods' Pet
Currently working in an office heavily featuring two of Brighton's major sub-groups, namely ex-students and gay men.

The battleground is the office fridge. The gay guy puts his lunch in the fridge in a neat plastic container, prepped to within an inch of its life.

The ex-students like to treat the office fridge as if it's their own - shoving in carrier bags of lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and whatever else is currently on buy one get one free.

There's not only no room for anyone else's lunch, they inevitably forget to throw stuff away when it goes out of date, preferring to just buy new stuff the next week and shove it in the fridge too.

Passive aggressive office emails are the preferred weaponry, today's featuring the words 'Rank smell' in the subject field. Thing is, the students happily reply with 'ewwwwwww!' and 'gross!', and are totally oblivious that it's their stuff causing the problem.

I'm glad I work freelance and so don't stay anywhere long...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Indulging in some bell cheese winding up at the moment.

A new woman has been appointed as office admin manager. This is a pretty low level role but she is of the opinion that it is by far the most important job in the office. After all if light bulbs aren't fixed, bins not emptied and computer screens not wiped them how would we all cope?

One of her more irritating jobs is to send out online "courses" which we all have to complete because some bigwig in the US says so. They are a complete waste of time and excruciatingly dull but she has taken on herself to police their completion to the point of obsession. Although a pretty junior member of staff, she sends out threatening emails about reporting non compilers with reports to the CEO, our company getting reported to the authorities etc etc.

What she completely fails to see is that this just encourages more and more people not to do it. We all know it's irrelevant crap so just have bets on what the latest email will say. We haven't got to Obama yet but I'm sure we will in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Currently working in an office heavily featuring two of Brighton's major sub-groups, namely ex-students and gay men.

The battleground is the office fridge. The gay guy puts his lunch in the fridge in a neat plastic container, prepped to within an inch of its life.

The ex-students like to treat the office fridge as if it's their own - shoving in carrier bags of lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and whatever else is currently on buy one get one free.

There's not only no room for anyone else's lunch, they inevitably forget to throw stuff away when it goes out of date, preferring to just buy new stuff the next week and shove it in the fridge too.

Passive aggressive office emails are the preferred weaponry, today's featuring the words 'Rank smell' in the subject field. Thing is, the students happily reply with 'ewwwwwww!' and 'gross!', and are totally oblivious that it's their stuff causing the problem.

I'm glad I work freelance and so don't stay anywhere long...
Last time that happened where I work, I :tosser: just unilaterally and without and consultation or forewarning :angry:, emptied the whole fridge and threw everything away. Complaints were met with "It stank - tough sh!t". :drama:
Except two weeks later it was full of evolving life again. :shit::shit::sick:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last time that happened where I work, I :tosser: just unilaterally and without and consultation or forewarning :angry:, emptied the whole fridge and threw everything away. Complaints were met with "It stank - tough sh!t". :drama:
Except two weeks later it was full of evolving life again. :shit::shit::sick:

Cleaners do it every Friday in our place......there the obligatory laminated A4 notices on the doors and all over the kitchen reminding everyone. Doesn't stop the moaning on Monday when someone's chocolate mousse has been chucked though......

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Cleaners do it every Friday in our place......there the obligatory laminated A4 notices on the doors and all over the kitchen reminding everyone. Doesn't stop the moaning on Monday when someone's chocolate mousse has been chucked though......

When you say "someone", I assume you mean the obligatory fat middle-aged woman?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Coffee breath is back from holidays. I have made sure to work from a client site as much as humanly possible; so I only get phonecalls not a facefull.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I fear that the boot was on the other foot today, and I was the bellcheese. After much office peer pressure, I succumbed and brought Little Miss Fantana (3 months old) into the office. Yes, yes, I know. I did lay down strict ground rules though - the visit only last 10 minutes and would end immeditately if any inane cooing sounds were made or other such nonsense.

Be careful, it's a slippery slope... :nono: :lol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Morning all. Monday morning bellcheese QUIZ time.

A project manager here is currently drinking some water.. but what has he chosen to drink it out of?

Clue: when you hear the answer you will automatically go "Oh what an absolute ****ing bellcheese", probably out loud.

Answer in 30 mins or so. None of you will get it.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

A project manager here is currently drinking some water.. but what has he chosen to drink it out of?

Clue: when you hear the answer you will automatically go "Oh what an absolute ****ing bellcheese", probably out loud.

- a water bottle styled like a fire extinguisher
- a backpack style water pouch thing
- foam dome
- the skull of an ancient tribesman that he found in the jungle during his life-affirming gap year, four years ago

OR it's a trick question

- he's not drinking it, he's inhaling it as vapour instead
- through an IV, through his sheer commitment to efficiency

Edit;

- one of those plastic bottles that supposedly filter the water when you drink through it

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

It seems too obvious because its the bell cheeses weapon of choice but a protein shaker to remind you he goes to the gym?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Red Bull drinks bottle, as used by the F1 drivers when pretending they drink it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry all - close but no cigar.

The correct answer is:
edinburgh_whisky_lores_1.jpg

...A cut-glass whiskey tumbler. He brought it in with him.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

The correct answer is:

Wow, I'm torn.

On the one hand, that is obvious weapons-grade bellcheesery. On the other hand, it's so far off the scale that it might actually have swung round to impressive.

Edit: delighted to have got my 5,000th post in the bag on my favourite all-time NSC thread :clap:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

The correct answer is:

What an utter UTTER bellcheese.

I would go as far as to say this is one of the best examples of bellcheesery (if it wasn't a word, it is now) in this entire thread. It's the perfect level of subtle, yet 'look at me' wankery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here