Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being picky...what little things would you change at The Amex?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry mate, I didn't mean to cause you any offence but respectfully maintain that there is a solution to that predicament.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
wont happen its the law. (drinking in sight of the pitch)

I stand to be corrected but in hospitality you can drink within sight of the pitch and it is only during the game that the curtains are drawn. If this is indeed the case I do not see why it cannot be extended to the stadium itself, to a reasonable time before kick-off, ie no entry to the stand with a drink say 30 minutes before the game starts. Fairly easy to monitor as there are stewards at each entrance.

In answer to the OP, more shelves for resting pints and and pies would surely not be too much to ask.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Have a block in the North and at one end of west upper designated as singing section - no moaners allowed!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Headset and the seats to move like one of those 4D cinemas, a camera in the players badge will feed the headsets and you can choose which player you want to be. The seats will move in time with the player by technology.
Oh and a monorail.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A drum, goal music, a trained seagull to fly around before the game.
This. Also a supermarket and no more than 3 home wins per calendar year.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I stand to be corrected but in hospitality you can drink within sight of the pitch and it is only during the game that the curtains are drawn. If this is indeed the case I do not see why it cannot be extended to the stadium itself, to a reasonable time before kick-off, ie no entry to the stand with a drink say 30 minutes before the game starts. Fairly easy to monitor as there are stewards at each entrance.

In answer to the OP, more shelves for resting pints and and pies would surely not be too much to ask.
Be a pretty big curtain to bring over a whole stand if someone sneaks a beer in..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of the three lifts in the WSU made available for walking disabled to use for up only.
I would even pay for this facility on a pre booked time to be taken up basis.
More money for the club also

Well I hope you remember your thoughts on this when you get older, but what I don't understand is that the club can use lifts for disabled on the East. Also I am not moaning, I am putting out there that maybe the club could consider this issue for walking disabled and make some money from it, as the lifts are already there I am not asking for them to install anything.

As to the operational reasons why the lifts can't be used by fans, I have no idea.

What you can pretty categorically rule out is any suggestion of charging for their use, as suggested. Can you imagine the "Heartless football club CHARGES the disabled to use lifts" headlines? Not a chance they'll set themselves up for that kind of bad PR.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Quite correct on hospitality although, from my experience, a blind eye is readily turned to those who want to drink during the game too so long as they pour their beer into a tea mug.

I like your suggestion but just can't see it happening as there WILL be people who save their drink(s) for during the game, either in the beer plastics themselves or decanted into a fizzy drink bottle or similar. There's no easy way for stewards to monitor and control that.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
As to the operational reasons why the lifts can't be used by fans, I have no idea.

What you can pretty categorically rule out is any suggestion of charging for their use, as suggested. Can you imagine the "Heartless football club CHARGES the disabled to use lifts" headlines? Not a chance they'll set themselves up for that kind of bad PR.

Do the club not already charge disabled fans for parking, who actually need to park as close as possible?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Places to put drinks food items in WSU whilst loitering and catching up with mates.

The rake of the stands in the lower tier and stupid H&S Exec rules that require the 4m min distance from playing area to first seat (or whatever the distance is).

The brightness of the lights (this will have to change if we get promoted to accommodate ultra HD tv.)

Would love piglets to do a chicken and mushroom pie with maximum gravy and the Sodexo CJT not to nuke it to within an inch of becoming a diamond rather than a pie.

Just make service quicker in the concourses - as much as anything that is often caused by dim witted staff and fans alike. "Oh you mean I actually have to pay for the goods that you've just spent eleven minutes getting?!" (Two pints and a bag of ready salted walkers)

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing

I actually emailed PB about this when my wife was pregnant and struggling with the stairs - I asked if we could use the lifts as a temporary measure for a couple of games. His reply was that they don't want someone who can't use the stairs stuck in WSU should there be a need to evacuate, the thought being if you use the lift to go up and then get stuck up there the club is liable.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Two things at a guess:

1. As soon as the lift is available to fans, many will want to use it. From the genuinely needy to the "I'm a bit tired today and don't fancy the steps" brigade, and a bottleneck of people waiting could develop.

2. People need to be able to evacuate the stadium at a reasonable pace if there is any kind of emergency. Some that can't get up the steps all the way to the top may also have issues with getting down them and provide a blockage to others.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why are so many people MOANING about access to the WSU? It was made absolutely clear when it opened that if you were going to struggl e walking some stairs, then the WSU probably wasn't for you.

On a personal note, because in between choosing the WSU and now, I have developed what my GP referred to "Adult Onset Asthma" and I struggle with the stairs. I don't want to move and end up sitting without my mates, and as there is a big group of us (8-12 depending if everyone turns up) it would be unfair of me to ask them all to move just because of me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here