Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being in your 40s

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i know a few albion fans that post on here the same age as me late 40`s. Been through the mill with some of them .....hitting 50 is a right unexpected result.
If i make it i will have a small chuckle to myself......fingers crossed.

Interesting. I had you down as much older.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
found out today the mrs passed her extra health tests for immigration to new Zealand. That's the final part of the process and should get confirmation very soon and be gone by the end of the month!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
found out today the mrs passed her extra health tests for immigration to new Zealand. That's the final part of the process and should get confirmation very soon and be gone by the end of the month!
oh you'll love it over there....only 5 yrs and you can come to Oz.....:thumbsup:.....don't ask why and i won't tell ya....x

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Feel about 25 but turn 55 next month ... In relatively good health as I still go running every week and do some football training. My biggest worry is when best (or practical) to retire ? ? Am lucky to have great family and friends who live nearby and a dog who keeps me sane with regular walks along the beach. Work /life is balanced (2 days in the office , 3 at home) and have interests in keeping tabs on all things Albion, keeping my car in fuel (23mpg isn't bad for a V8) and me in beer ! Wife and 2 daughters balance the equation. All good in fact. I like this therapy - when is my next session please ?

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Feel about 25 but turn 55 next month ... In relatively good health as I still go running every week and do some football training. My biggest worry is when best (or practical) to retire ? ? Am lucky to have great family and friends who live nearby and a dog who keeps me sane with regular walks along the beach. Work /life is balanced (2 days in the office , 3 at home) and have interests in keeping tabs on all things Albion, keeping my car in fuel (23mpg isn't bad for a V8) and me in beer ! Wife and 2 daughters balance the equation. All good in fact. I like this therapy - when is my next session please ?

You sound great! The first few words are the key. Feel 25! You'll probably always feel 25 as that's probably your natural age - so enjoy your youth forever. I'm 70+ going on 17. I remember turning 40 and wondering what would change - truth is - nothing did - I've never changed and nor has my fabulous wife. Golden wedding last year, but we both work and play harder than ever. If we're not working on our business, were off somewhere new or revisited. We're lucky with health so just keep going. This retirement thing, bye the way, be careful - for some people retirement is the begining of the end if they don't have meaningful purpose to pursue. Think young! Act young! Feel young! (Oh yeah, you're right - and feel the love of a dog.)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm not in my forties yet but I'm seriously worried about my prostate. I can't go through a night without getting up for a pee and there's a sharp pain in my back. I need to urinate more in the day now as well. Maybe its linked to using ecstasy heavily when I was younger as its a diuretic. My Dad had to have an operation on his. I'm going to book an appointment at the doctors later in the week.

Had a PSA test this morning and I'm waiting for the results. My doctor didn't exactly put me at ease. Not ashamed to admit I'm a bit frightened. Everything else feels irrelevant at the moment and time feels like it's standing still. :down:

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
When I reached 40 I thought, never mind still plenty of time to do what I want, but once you hit fifty it really hits home, hang on a minute, not many live to 100 so you realise you have already probably lived over half your life and start just being grateful that you wake up in the morning, yes you have more money but, you don't have the energy or the health to be able to enjoy it properly.
Shall I just go and jump off a cliff now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a PSA test this morning and I'm waiting for the results. My doctor didn't exactly put me at ease. Not ashamed to admit I'm a bit frightened. Everything else feels irrelevant at the moment and time feels like it's standing still. :down:

Hope it's a good result, fingers crossed for you. Important for all of us at these kind of ages to get examined regularly - two close pals of mine have had prostate cancer, both are ok after treatment as it was picked up early through screening. Very high chance of successful treatment if the worst is confirmed but it's identified early. Yes it's an embarrassing and uncomfortable few seconds with the doc, but just get it done eh ?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
In my mid 40's now , and does it feel rough at times.

Felt fine turning 40, but since getting past 45 I feel I'm at a crossroads in life, and I can't decide what to do.

Had a couple of relationships go leg side. So find myself completely single, never been married etc. Though I find the best solution is just to enjoy my freedom. I like planning trips away, as it gives me something to look forward to.

Enjoy my running, going to gigs and being out in the fresh air. I've also got into meditation, which helps me get a different view of life. Though sometimes I feel that I'm drinking just a bit too much.

Its just the big questions of work, moving home and relationships which I seem to struggle with.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
In my mid 40's now , and does it feel rough at times.

Felt fine turning 40, but since getting past 45 I feel I'm at a crossroads in life, and I can't decide what to do.

Had a couple of relationships go leg side. So find myself completely single, never been married etc. Though I find the best solution is just to enjoy my freedom. I like planning trips away, as it gives me something to look forward to.

Enjoy my running, going to gigs and being out in the fresh air. I've also got into meditation, which helps me get a different view of life. Though sometimes I feel that I'm drinking just a bit too much.

Its just the big questions of work, moving home and relationships which I seem to struggle with.

What qualifies as drinking a bit too much?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
What qualifies as drinking a bit too much?

Not sure really. I'm can usually go most of the week without a beer, though when I get to the weekend I tend to put a few away. Especially if its an Albion Saturday. But then maybe a lot of people are like that?

Plus, I like to get out and socialize during the weekend, so that generally involves being in a pub/bar.

It just I'm not great with hangovers these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here