Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being a Palace fan on transfer deadline day.......

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Beamer2DashaWindow.jpg

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Hot off the press!!! Palace have just put a fresh bid in for a 2 berth caravan circa 1963, a good sauce has stated with a lick of paint it will look like brand new and "can do a job"

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Seaside my favourite pet....serious question and needs a serious answer....in all honesty ....where do you see Palace finishing this year in the table ,,,,?

11th. Too many strong teams with too many millions to spend for us to be anywhere near the top 6, but we've put a strong side together now and with key players returning from injury we should be fine.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
11th. Too many strong teams with too many millions to spend for us to be anywhere near the top 6, but we've put a strong side together now and with key players returning from injury we should be fine.

On that basis which teams do you think you are better than to finish that high?

Personally I dont think your team is any better than last year, but you'll probabaly have enough to stay up. I hope you don't though.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
On that basis which teams do you think you are better than to finish that high?

Personally I dont think your team is any better than last year, but you'll probabaly have enough to stay up. I hope you don't though.

Who do I think we are better than? Barnsley, P'Boro, Millwall, Huddersfield, Derby, Ipswich, Bristol City, Charlton and Burnley, at least. There will be a few more teams that are predicted to finish well that will do significantly worse, too. I don't think anyone knows how Watford will do, there are simply too many transfers involving that club to have any idea how their squad is.

You'd hope our team is better than last year considering we've sold/released/lost 4 players in or around the first team (Clyne and Gardner guaranteed starters, Ambrose and Scannell were regular subs) and brought in 9, most of which will start.

Only avoiding relegation would be significantly underachieving considering the money we have spent. Speroni, Zaha, Williams and Goodwillie etc. wouldn't look out of place in a top 6 team. It would be a considerable waste if they actually finished in a side that is close to the bottom 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here