Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Beer - National Brewery Centre to close

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure a petition will help. Maybe some of those big breweries affiliated to chip in To keep it running

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why petition to "demand" a company keeps it going? should seek to raise funds and arrange a takeover to run as a going concern, like just about every other museum.

edit: i see reading the article the brewery want to use the build as their HQ and the museum will move to another location.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was only there a few weeks ago, had a couple of tasty beers in the bar, really nice spot. Such a shame that Molson Coors can't see the vlaue of keeping such a place going.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Was only there a few weeks ago, had a couple of tasty beers in the bar, really nice spot. Such a shame that Molson Coors can't see the vlaue of keeping such a place going.

Superphil. We're you there for the Ale Trail? If so, thoughts.
As for the centre, it is big and mis managed. Has large events and weddings booked through till next year. The Heritage Brewery may have to close as well. They say all the vintage items plus shire horses will go elsewhere.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Spent a lot of time there when I worked for Molson Coors.

Carling house is a large modern office block, really surprised it would be knocked down, perhaps a sign of the times with less people working on site.

The town house was always used as a company hotel. Where employees such as myself would stay when we went to the HQ.

The only thing I would say is the Brewery Centre spent most of the time empty of visitors.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Superphil. We're you there for the Ale Trail? If so, thoughts.
As for the centre, it is big and mis managed. Has large events and weddings booked through till next year. The Heritage Brewery may have to close as well. They say all the vintage items plus shire horses will go elsewhere.

We were staying in Burton for a music festival at Catton Park, our B&B was pretty much oppositite the place, so we took the opportunity to pop in and have a couple of superb pints of Bass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here