Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beeping your horn at a learner driver

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Moving across another lane, even though you have been indicating for ages is not a right, if there isn't a space big enough.
The indication only shows your intent, like a request and you have to wait till a space is available, even if it means bringing the traffic behind you to a halt in the process.
If my youngest daughter had heeded this advice she would still have a car, nothing worse than drivers flicking on an indicator and pulling out immediately, happens here all the time as they are not taught to, mirror, signal, manoeuvre.

I agree and if you read my post properly this is not what I did.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The horns real use is to show your appreciation to any visually pleasing members of the opposite sex...

Oh and to highlight other cars that they are about to hit you.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The only times I use the horn is If someone is day dreaming and hasn't noticed the traffic lights change to green, they will get a polite short toot. Other than that I would only honk someone for dangerous driving or trying to overtake on a narrowing road when there is no space in front to overtake into.

I would never ho a learner driver.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I get so F***ING annoyed with the taxi drivers here in Toronto. I'm sure they have some kind of daily 'horn bibbing' quota they need fulfil. EVERY time there's slight hesitation from another car, or they are slightly in their way. Often this is when a car hasn't turned right through a red light quickly enough, which is understandable given a pedestrian could be crossing the road.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I would never ever pump my horn at a learner driver however, I have to say, I do wonder about some instructors :ffsparr:who try to teach the standard reverse procedure around corner job BUT round a completely blind corner - not the learners fault but still I wouldn't pump the horn !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here