Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Been supporting since 1993

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Charlton?
Peterborough away was better!

Ok, beating Man U 4-0 tops that!

Was at all three and yesterday wins by a country mile but where we are on the pitch all started to blossom with Charlton and Boro

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've followed the club since 1977 and I'd say the same. The only game I can recall that rivals it was beating Man City 3-2 last season. As much as we took United apart, they are not a great side. City, on the other hand, were and they went 2-0 up.
That was a great comeback, but City being 2-0 was part of our overall performance and it took a sending off to change the game. Yesterday's performance was better.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That was a great comeback, but City being 2-0 was part of our overall performance and it took a sending off to change the game. Yesterday's performance was better.
Yes, I don't disagree, but as I say it's the only performance I can remember that rivals yesterday. Perhaps Forest away in the 80s when they were European champions but obviously I was too young to be there so couldn't comment on the performance.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
It’s the first time I’ve taken off my shirt at a game and swirled it round my head since I was a teenager (and I’m 48 now) so it must have been quite good.

I did put it back on quite quickly after.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, I don't disagree, but as I say it's the only performance I can remember that rivals yesterday.
Yeah fair enough.

Perhaps Forest away in the 80s when they were European champions but obviously I was too young to be there so couldn't comment on the performance.
Same - was anyone here at the Forest game? And what was the score, and where did Forest finish that season?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve been supporting 66/67 and we’ve had bigger wins but very few more satisfying than that. It was superb.

And if you had to suffer the mouthy twats in 83 it’s all the sweeter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks, but I was hoping for a bit more analysis from someone who was there :)

I wasn’t there but I believe it was a cowfield on a rainy day and we won with pretty well our only attack. I have seen the goal but can’t find it on Youtube

The conditions brought Forest down to our level I believe

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We were magnificent against Liverpool in the 2-1 FA Cup win at Anfield in 1983. Fully deserved victory - and we dominated the game away from home against what was then the best team in Europe, knocking them out of a competition they were desperate to win. But in terms of the way we played, I think yesterday beats it.
I'm not sure we dominated that day but otherwise, agreed.

Yesterday was the best I've seen us play since I started in 1971 but that Anfield win remains my favourite ever game.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm not sure we dominated that day but otherwise, agreed.

Yesterday was the best I've seen us play since I started in 1971 but that Anfield win remains my favourite ever game.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Yeah, perhaps 'dominated' was a bit strong, but if you rewatch the game we really did play superbly throughout.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wasn’t there but I believe it was a cowfield on a rainy day and we won with pretty well our only attack. I have seen the goal but can’t find it on Youtube

The conditions brought Forest down to our level I believe
Thanks. I'm going to conclude that we played better yesterday :)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’ve been supporting 66/67 and we’ve had bigger wins but very few more satisfying than that. It was superb.

And if you had to suffer the mouthy twats in 83 it’s all the sweeter.

I literally cried as a kid by in 83 when we lost 4-0 in replay, yesterday finally proper revenge 39 years later. Tears of joy...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've followed the club since 1977 and I'd say the same. The only game I can recall that rivals it was beating Man City 3-2 last season. As much as we took United apart, they are not a great side. City, on the other hand, were and they went 2-0 up.

I take your point and that was a great performance but, as you say, we did concede two goals, so not brilliant for a good chunk of the game. Yesterday - on the other hand - was a full-on quality 90 minute performance. We were either dominant or - for short periods - defending brilliantly.

That Man Utd side featured some huge global stars in De Gea, Varane, Fernandes, Mata, Cavani and Ronaldo and they were all - to a man- shut down completely.

Best performance by us I have ever seen in terms of sustained quality of football over 90 minutes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll repeat what I posted elsewhere, that was the best performance I have ever seen. Don't give me any crap about United. They are 6th in the league. That's really shit right?

I'll reiterate my post of a similar weft (etc.). 1969 was my first game at the Goldstone. Saturday's game is the best. No question.

Anyone prepared to go back farther and explain why Game X in the pre-ITV era was better? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I take your point and that was a great performance but, as you say, we did concede two goals, so not brilliant for a good chunk of the game. Yesterday - on the other hand - was a full-on quality 90 minute performance. We were either dominant or - for short periods - defending brilliantly.

That Man Utd side featured some huge global stars in De Gea, Varane, Fernandes, Mata, Cavani and Ronaldo and they were all - to a man- shut down completely.

Best performance by us I have ever seen in terms of sustained quality of football over 90 minutes.

Not to mention (Right said) Fred (Flintstone) ....and Barney McRubble (McTomininnytitty). World class :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here