Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Been over to the Bolton board

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wasn't either, until Warren Aspinall described CMS as having run Leeds ragged all game. Maybe we've found a system that suits him?
I thought CMS had an okay game but nothing more than that. Several times his one touch passing was good but his close control let him down on an equal number of occasions. He passed an excellent through ball to Ince from which Ince should have scored but CMS had no shots or chances to shoot himself in my recollection.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
They do seem likely to bring in Jordon Ibe & Max Clayton before Saturday, but nonetheless it would be quite splendid to get him fired.

If Bolton can afford to fire him, that is. Their losses were considerably worse than ours, weren't they?

Their losses were considerably worse than ours, weren't they? Slightly understated....they lost a staggering £51m for the accounts ending June last year which took their debt mountain to a staggering £163m by the end of the year.

What next, Wonga?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Max Clayton the powerhouse that scored 9 in 74 at Crewe ?

I didn't say he was a phenomenon, did I? Merely that they were planning on bringing in a couple of players. Freshens the squad up perhaps.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I thought CMS had an okay game but nothing more than that. Several times his one touch passing was good but his close control let him down on an equal number of occasions. He passed an excellent through ball to Ince from which Ince should have scored but CMS had no shots or chances to shoot himself in my recollection.

CMS tried and tried in his typical way, very often without much support. In the first half when we were passing the ball around for fun he got into some decent positions but sadly the final ball to him was either over hit or intercepted. Too often a long high ball was eaten up by the CB. There was one move where Kemy should have slipped a simple ball inside the CB who was flat footed and put CMS clean in on goal but Kemy just passed it to the CB.....:facepalm:

CMS caused Leeds more problems as the game continued and I was very encouraged how dangerous we looked with the pace of CMS, Teixeira and KLL on the break. Leeds did resort to clattering him on several occasions. Finally there was one break where he received the ball, his first touch sat it up nicely for an angled and dipping volley which was on target albeit taken by the keeper. A couple of feet higher and it could have been a spectacular goal. Other than that he did nopt really get any clear chances, despite our superior possession. He just needs a bit closer support and bit of luck, but then we've said that for most of his time at the Albion....

I tried to visualise O'Grady playing instead of CMS in that line up. With COG being less pacey I'm not sure he would have had the same impact on the game or bettered CMS's contribution.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
CMS tried and tried in his typical way, very often without much support. In the first half when we were passing the ball around for fun he got into some decent positions but sadly the final ball to him was either over hit or intercepted. Too often a long high ball was eaten up by the CB. There was one move where Kemy should have slipped a simple ball inside the CB who was flat footed and put CMS clean in on goal but Kemy just passed it to the CB.....:facepalm:

CMS caused Leeds more problems as the game continued and I was very encouraged how dangerous we looked with the pace of CMS, Teixeira and KLL on the break. Leeds did resort to clattering him on several occasions. Finally there was one break where he received the ball, his first touch sat it up nicely for an angled and dipping volley which was on target albeit taken by the keeper. A couple of feet higher and it could have been a spectacular goal. Other than that he did nopt really get any clear chances, despite our superior possession. He just needs a bit closer support and bit of luck, but then we've said that for most of his time at the Albion....

I tried to visualise O'Grady playing instead of CMS in that line up. With COG being less pacey I'm not sure he would have had the same impact on the game or bettered CMS's contribution.
I'd forgotten the shot CMS had. I don't really disagree with you, I like CMS, in fact I am desperate for him to succeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here