Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Been offered a signed shirt for daughter - what to do?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
This is something I was discussing with my wife earlier, exactly what I want to get our son for his birthday in May. How would one go about getting a shirt signed by the squad? I know you can attend various signing sessions and the Xmas party etc but is it possible to get the whole lot done in one hit? Probably not but thought I'd ask...

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Adult signed shirts are everywhere these days (I have one which I have worn and another framed Zamora shirt).

It would mean more to a child or even both of your children that they could wear and show off the special shirt now, so why not get one slightly bigger, but still child size so that either your daughter or both your kids could wear at some point.

The young Miss Bracknell got her unsigned shirt unexpectedly signed by someone she described as "a bald-headed bloke who came up to me in the Club Shop". I don't think she knew who he was at the time, but she came home with the name Peter Ward scrawled over the sleeve.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Adult signed shirts are everywhere these days (I have one which I have worn and another framed Zamora shirt).

It would mean more to a child or even both of your children that they could wear and show off the special shirt now, so why not get one slightly bigger, but still child size so that either your daughter or both your kids could wear at some point.

Not only do you appear to be an ADULT that wears a replica shirt, you wear a signed replica shirt.... Have a word with yourself!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Tell them it's a present for both of them, but is not for wearing, it's to hang up next to Daddies in the hall. This way at some stage it will cost you two new shirts, but I would guess that would happen anyway.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Not only do you appear to be an ADULT that wears a replica shirt, you wear a signed replica shirt.... Have a word with yourself!

It's not as bad as it seems. I never wear the shirt unless I'm playing and I've used my 7 club shirts to kit out my work colleagues in decent colours for 5-a-side games. Given that their allegiances were with Millwall, Crawley, Liverpool, Barnsley, Aston Villa and Leeds, I wasn't going to let them wear the signed one).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It's not as bad as it seems. I never wear the shirt unless I'm playing and I've used my 7 club shirts to kit out my work colleagues in decent colours for 5-a-side games. Given that their allegiances were with Millwall, Crawley, Liverpool, Barnsley, Aston Villa and Leeds, I wasn't going to let them wear the signed one).

I was joking and getting in first before the Adults should never wear a replica shirt (which I agree with, mainly cause I am fat) brigade lambast you!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've been offered a signed shirt for my 10 year old daughter, which is nice. I have to buy a shirt (I know :rolleyes:). One slight concern is that my 8 year old son will be missing out. The second first world problem is whether I get said shirt and let her wear it and ruin it.

So do I:
a) get her a shirt that fits her now, she wears it for a couple of seasons and then hangs it up to keep
b) get a slightly larger shirt (that can handle signatures) and put it in a frame and give it to both kids

Or any better options.

Thanks

Option B: although you will have to put it up in a neutral room as opposed to one of the children's room.....

Which probably means it will end up in the Lounge or maybe the Dining Room (if you have one).....

Which in turn means you will be the one who will take the most pleasure from it....

You could buy them both a bag of sweets, pop on Megamind kids movie and while they are chomping away propose the above you will have more chance of them agreeing.
Good luck.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Option B: although you will have to put it up in a neutral room as opposed to one of the children's room.....

Which probably means it will end up in the Lounge or maybe the Dining Room (if you have one).....
Realistically the wife would choose. We don't have a dining room, it's a games room for the kids, so that's probably the best place for now.

You could buy them both a bag of sweets, pop on Megamind kids movie and while they are chomping away propose the above you will have more chance of them agreeing.
Good luck.
They don't even know we've been offered a shirt, so they'll just accept what I say. I'll probably say it's for the two of them.

If we get any particularly important games this year, I fancy letting my daughter wear it for that one game, then sticking it in a frame.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
My daughter got one last year and next to the signatures they put their squad number.
Unfortunately, not all of them do this - and it tends to be the ones who have the harder to decipher signatures! lol... That's when I've taken to eBay or whatever to try and find other examples of signatures from players you *think* it might be. Obviously you can narrow down the squad using the names you DO know have signed it. Often these can be signed before a particular game so it would be the squad for that game, rather than ALL the players. Also, as it is fabric, sometimes it's possible for the pen to snag and change the signature, all adding to the fun of trying to work them all out...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Realistically the wife would choose. We don't have a dining room, it's a games room for the kids, so that's probably the best place for now.

They don't even know we've been offered a shirt, so they'll just accept what I say. I'll probably say it's for the two of them.

If we get any particularly important games this year, I fancy letting my daughter wear it for that one game, then sticking it in a frame.

I love that "for now"

Oh I would not risk the important game, imagine to your horror we score and pink happy monkey juice all down the front worse still a nice hot dog at half time and a big blob of TK all down the front... You know aswell as me that kids can and do just ruin things at the worst possible moment, you will be constantly checking throughout the whole match.

D

Deleted member 2719

Don't talk to me about shirts. :rant::rant::rant:

The club are hundreds of pounds out of pocket from me for something that was so easy to fix.

Great foresight from customer services. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here