[NSC] Become an NSC Supporter. If you want. It's entirely optional. No-one has to.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If this is actually Bozza I'm absolutely fine with paying for some plastic surgery and a fashion guru's expertise
How about a haircut and a re spray for the car.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there a way we can donate without our real name being linked to our account? (otherwise I’ll send you some cash in the post from Zeberdi 😁)
Within the messageboard, I don't get any more information than you have supplied already.

There is a name in the Paypal email notification sent through, but I suspect you could probably type anything you like in there.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
This needs a rethink.

Great idea in principal but £5 a month is too much for many. That’s more or less my disposable income.

£1 or £2 per month as an option would get so many more subs and I’m sure us plebs would be happy with a “at least we tried” banner next to our names?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just done it - I hope.

but on the monthly subscription thingy, is it a sort of direct debit, or do I have to come back and make a payment monthly?

whichever way, it is worth it for the amount of time I spend being amused, entertained, informed and sometimes angered on here?
Happy Love You GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

ps. Just discovered the gif stuff……which was there anyway.
Jim Bean Dancing GIF

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Bozza states "no-one's functionality is going to be reduced in any way. If you are unable to support NSC directly, then nothing has changed for you."

Apart from the fact that you won`t be getting what "Loyal Supporters" are getting...
Going to make a very two tier forum !!! so called "Loyal supporters" and then the supposed, less Loyal !!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just done it - I hope.

but on the monthly subscription thingy, is it a sort of direct debit, or do I have to come back and make a payment monthly?

whichever way, it is worth it for the amount of time I spend being amused, entertained, informed and sometimes angered on here?
Happy Love You GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

ps. Just discovered the gif stuff……which was there anyway.
Jim Bean Dancing GIF
It renews monthly 👍

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bozza states "no-one's functionality is going to be reduced in any way. If you are unable to support NSC directly, then nothing has changed for you."

Apart from the fact that you won`t be getting what "Loyal Supporters" are getting...
Going to make a very two tier forum !!! so called "Loyal supporters" and then the supposed, less Loyal !!!
Needs a version of the Frost Report sketch with John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett - I look up to him, I look down on him etc….

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This needs a rethink.

Great idea in principal but £5 a month is too much for many. That’s more or less my disposable income.

£1 or £2 per month as an option would get so many more subs and I’m sure us plebs would be happy with a “at least we tried” banner next to our names?
Having just signed up, I don’t feel the need to have “loyal supporter“ plastered everywhere. I’d be happy to see it disappear or made more discreet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies if this has already been covered. Times are tough and I'm in the process of being turfed out of my job of 31 years. Might there be any facility for specifying your own payment in the future? I'd quite like to chip in to help but was thinking more like £2 or £3 a month, at least until I figure out what the hell I'm doing with the rest of my life.

I'm thinking this level of support as well.
Don't need any ad reduction or any other bells and whistles.
Maybe just a 'disloyal supporter' tag.

I'm with you on this and I'd be very happy to have the 'tag', 'Skint' supporter instead of 'Loyal'. :smile:
The tag is a bit crass - apologies.

I set it about five months back when I first set some of this up and @Chicken Run and @Goldstone1976 kindly tested it for me. I didn't give it any real thought, other than trying to come up with a football-y kind of term. The very last thing it was supposed to achieve was to make others feel bad. I'll change the wording.

On the more general point, I don't want people giving money to NSC that could be better used elsewhere in their lives. It's really lovely that people would like to support the site, but with the payment processing fee including a fixed fee element, smaller payments just mean giving more money to Paypal - and that feels like a real waste of money.

Maybe the "buy me a coffee" idea suggested would work, although I need to check what the payment processing fee is there too.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Needs a version of the Frost Report sketch with John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett - I look up to him, I look down on him etc….

Having just signed up, I don’t feel the need to have “loyal supporter“ plastered everywhere. I’d be happy to see it disappear or made more discreet.
Surely it makes you feel above the rest of us...presumably classed as non Loyal !!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The tag is a bit crass - apologies.

I set it about five months back when I first set some of this up and @Chicken Run and @Goldstone1976 kindly tested it for me. I didn't give it any real thought, other than trying to come up with a football-y kind of term. The very last thing it was supposed to achieve was to make others feel bad. I'll change the wording.

On the more general point, I don't want people giving money to NSC that could be better used elsewhere in their lives. It's really lovely that people would like to support the site, but with the payment processing fee including a fixed fee element, smaller payments just mean giving more money to Paypal - and that feels like a real waste of money.

Maybe the "buy me a coffee" idea suggested would work, although I need to check what the payment processing fee is there too.
Maybe a ‘P’ for Patreon ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I hope I've covered the "loyal supporter" bit in the post I've just made.

The wording is crass, but was done entirely innocently back in June and I've not looked at it since. I will change it.

On the functionality thing - I do stand by what I said. When I reviewed what other communities give to those who donate/subscribe/support, I was a bit stuck as I've already given pretty much every bit of functionality to every user on here, and I wasn't going to take things away from 27,500 people to give back to a few others.

The most substantial change is the removal of ads, but there's a direct trade-off happening here as the site loses the money ordinarily earned from ads when that NSCer was using the site. Essentially they are paying the site directly, rather than viewing ads, which earns money for the ad partner who then send it on to me after they've taken their 30% cut.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Surely it makes you feel above the rest of us...presumably classed as non Loyal !!
Having read through Bozza’s OP and realising he is concerned about exactly the point you’re making is exactly why I’d be happy to see it disappear.
In terms of charitable giving and so on, there are those who do/give a great deal and make sure everyone knows about it, and there are those who just quietly do it without a song and dance. I much prefer the latter approach and always have.
and that’s biblical, too.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I hope I've covered the "loyal supporter" bit in the post I've just made.

The wording is crass, but was done entirely innocently back in June and I've not looked at it since. I will change it.

On the functionality thing - I do stand by what I said. When I reviewed what other communities give to those who donate/subscribe/support, I was a bit stuck as I've already given pretty much every bit of functionality to every user on here, and I wasn't going to take things away from 27,500 people to give back to a few others.

The most substantial change is the removal of ads, but there's a direct trade-off happening here as the site loses the money ordinarily earned from ads when that NSCer was using the site. Essentially they are paying the site directly, rather than viewing ads, which earns money for the ad partner who then send it on to me after they've taken their 30% cut.
I am already loving the lack of annoying ads. :)

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Bozza could enable it so a more "flush" member could sponsor one of the "poor", replacing the slogan ***Loyal supporter*** with ***sponsored by username***.
This would increase take up of Bozza's subscription because who would want to see the name of their greatest NSC antagonist (p)wning them each time they logged in. They'd have to subscribe out of fear.

What fun.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Maybe having a smaller version of @Bozza ‘s NSC medal under the avatars of those that financially support NSC (I’d be very happy with that - subtle, football linked, looks good - a medal of honour ?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports