Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham back to england - yes or no?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the moment SWP Lennon and Downing, why we persist with him I dont know, cannot deliver the 'killer' ball that splits a defence open and gives the strikers a chance. Gerrard does sometimes and so does Lampard on the very odd occasion but we have nobody that can do it consistently and until we do have I believe that we should stick with the man who can.

When somebody comes along, whoever it may be, that can do it time and time agin then replace DB with him.

SWP and Lennon are good at going past defenders but their final ball in most cases is crap.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Oh christ YES.

Passion, commitment, skill. Lacking in the rest of the team.

Beckham should be there, the ruddy faced prick should go out the door as becks walks in.

Clueless idiot.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
I was happy he was dropped - clearly stated that Macca was in charge. But that being done, he should have brought him back almost straight away, the point having been made.
We struggled with a few injuries and Gerrard was suspended - the autumn games of last year I think.

Can't wait for Friday! A mate here went to Wembley for the Rovers v Shrewsbury Play off and loved the stadium.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My problem with dropping Beckham was I was not sure it was done for the right reason.

If there was aplethora of young up and coming talent hammering on the door, who specifically were for his position, then I could have understood it.

however I firmly believe that he is the one player at the moment who can change a game on his own, be it a free kick, a killer pass etc etc. lampard has failed to show his club talent, Gerrard blows like the wind and Lennon , Downing and SWP appear to be missing the certain something that makes an international player.

I think Beckham was dropped because McLaren wanted to show his authority and spite, and perhaps it worked for a game or two...but games where we should have won or at least drawn, we have been inept and maybe Beckham not being there was a factor, maybe it wasn't, but you cant get away from the fact that we have struggled in midfield with these so called world class players in there and without Beckham

Personally i am glad to see him back, I just think that with him being out of international football for a year now, he is going to be expected to run teh Brazil game on his own...i cant see it! If he doesnt then Mclaren will just say "I told you so". You must give him a run in the squad!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Beckham's recent form has been excellent, he made 2 goals for Madrid on the weekend and had an superb freekick hit the inside of the post. He looked galvanised by Madrid's La Liga title chase and is playing as well as I've seen him for a while.

Added to that Lennon is injured, and the way Pennant crossed in the Euro Champions League he is a non-starter.

Hopefully the likes of Terry and Lampard will be able to cope with his recall. The stats also show that Crouch is the only forward who's been regular scoring over the last couple of years. We need to beat Estonia and our best chance is goals from Crouch courtesy of Beckham's crossing.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Beckham is in a no lose situation here!

Estonia have not won a game how long? Let alone score!?

Watch the match, he will play out of his skin and everyone crying "We told you so!"..... Then watch him against Brazil! :lolol:

Brand Beckham Lives on!

Good decision for short term and get us wins to qualify, think some ego's may be disjointed, is this bad though??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

, I just think that with him being out of international football for a year now, he is going to be expected to run teh Brazil game on his own...!

Like he did two world cups ago when he was worse than useless??
Not interested in the it was oh so hot bla bla bla don't bother

This recall is a last desperate gamble by a beleagured manager and a poor move imo.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
If it gets us to the finals next summer then Yes!

At the moment we look like we're going to finish 4th in the group rather than scrape through

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
Like he did two world cups ago when he was worse than useless??
Not interested in the it was oh so hot bla bla bla don't bother

This recall is a last desperate gamble by a beleagured manager and a poor move imo.

each to his own I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here