Beautiful football

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I love the way we play now. I used to watch Brighton because I love the club and no mater how they play or where they are in the league I'm there. I used to watch premier league football games on tv to see skilled players and great football. Now I don't need to do that anymore. I see all that watching my team, its great and makes me feel very proud.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
As long as we play good football and keep in striking distance of the play offs I'm happy.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
Agree completely with pretty much everything in this thread! Although I was p*ssed off at the way things finished on Saturday, the feeling didn't last long as I remembered just how good we were for nearly all of the match. Thought Orlandi in particular played fantastically, he seems to have really settled in to his role now. It is a great time to be an Albion fan and I really feel that the best is still to come.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Agreed, the midfield play was once more beautiful but the final ball & finish were still missing.
Often it looks like players are scared to risk losing possession so they take an extra touch and then everyone's marked, so it comes back and starts again.

In the mean time forwards like Macca and Barnesy have pushed so far into the box that they're just, taking up space, space for a pass or a shot and they've taken they're back line with them so there's no through ball cos there's no-where to run into.

Tippy tappy it about, 30 yards out not 18. Draw their line in, suffer the pressure, we've got the ball skills, then the gaps will create them selves and it'll be through-balls & one on ones, all day.
Rather than the pretty tip-tap, snach'n'grab it is now. That's got to be the next step in our football evolution.

- Trust in Gus -

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Totally agree. We have to enjoy this football while it last's under Gus. I pay to be entertained (results are pretty good too of course) and last Saturday, although gutting I was thoroughly entertained.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
and that's what you guys need to encourage.

The Premier League needs more teams like this, outside the big teams only us, Wigan, Fulham and Southampton play nice footy

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Maybe it's because i'm getting older but i've watched enough crap Albion teams in my life to really enjoy & appreciate what is put in front of us week in week out. I was gutted on Saturday but by the time i was on the train home i was proud of the football lesson we had given a very recently relegated Premier League team.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Saturday I watched our team play beautiful football, have chance after chance, hit the bar and post from 25 yards within the space of 10 seconds, steamroller a team from start to (nearly) finish. We have Orlandi who is probably the most tehcnically gifted player in the division and we have the best defence in the league. We have a full bench who would get into most Chanmpionship clubs first team and we have Buckley and Bridcutt, both young eager players who could be around for years.
Stop being nuggets and enjoy the football.

Nottingham forest were once described as one othe best passing teams playing lovely football.

Guest what - They got relegated!!!!

Prettys football is great as long as there's an end product...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nottingham forest were once described as one othe best passing teams playing lovely football.

Barcelona were once described as one of the most beautiful passing teams.

Guess what - er, oh, hang on, shit, they won loads of trophies.

Back to the positives please.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't care how many we miss as long as we hit the back of the net on Saturday and the following week?more than them and our season will be back on track? I do really but I love our entertaining play. That's what will help build our fan base. Lets get behind them tonight as it will be up to us to make the atmosphere. :banana::albion2::clap2::clap2::clap2::ascarf::O

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What I like is that every year under Gus we have progressed. We are absolutely miles better than the year he came in, considerably better than the team that walked League 1 and much better than last year.

- I used to think (but still love) Calderon was the best RB I have seen in an Albion shirt before Bruno turned up;
- Painter was exceptional for us in League 1, Mattock stepped that up and was great for us, but Bridge? He's insanely above both in standard;
- Bridcutt has been consistently stepping up his game everytime we get better and the Bridcutt of 2012 is twice the brilliant player he was in 2010;
- Ditto the above for El-Abd and Dunk;
- Orlandi and Buckley (and Dobbie) are exciting and innovative and we still have the mercurial Vicente hopefully waiting in the wings.

Sure, our strikers aren't necessarily our greatest asset form-wise at the moment but in CMS, Barnes, Hoskins and Dobbie (not even including Buckley!!) we still have the potential to have a lethal strikeforce.

For me, I am loving watching the Albion at the moment and sure, I feel frustrated after games like Bolton, but any fan should be disappointed not to win a game like that. It is however, a small piece of the bigger picture.

Mark my words, someone will get an almighty battering from this Brighton side when all of the potential becomes a reality (which it will). Lets hope its Palace.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

They got relegated in Cloughie's last season. Now, what did they do before that? 1 div 2 title, 1 league title, 2 European Cups and 2 league cups. I'll take that, please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports