Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Beano' to Brighton - drinking and eating advice needed...

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
My office is doing a day trip to Brighton in a couple of weeks, and as I am a Brighton fan, I have been given the task of identifying where to go to eat and drink. The problem is, the only bars I know in Brighton are of the later evening, 'Standard' type places.

The girls will go shopping - sorted.

The lads will want a pub crawl, hopefully taking in the seafront. I only know the clubs down that way - can anyone advise a few good daytime bars down that way? Also - I think we are coming down FA Cup weekend, so anywhere we could watch the game (I was thinking the Firkin (if its still called that) in the lanes, but imagine that would be busy?

As for some grub, I was just going to go for Donatellos (need space for around 30 people).

Any recommendations on bars to go to greatly received - or even a full itinerary if anyone can be arsed.

Thanking you in advance...

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Do you work in a factory that makes bathroom products and is prone to striking staff?

Is that striking as in; beating up staff, or workshy / militant staff?

Either way - nope...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If it is Sunny, there is only one place to be - Geminis, out door beach front drink with live accoustic music - the SHIZ IZZUNIT

as for day time places for large numbers of people, thats a tough one. Maybe Ha Ha's and MAshtun/Fitzherberts in town or Fourtune of War or Coallition on the beach front

The Firkin is now just the Font, since the Firkin it has turned into a more poncy wine bar, with less screens, but still cheap. Prob still good for the football though, but King and Queen will have the most space for football, but the toilets are MINGING

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
If it is Sunny, there is only one place to be - Geminis, out door beach front drink with live accoustic music - the SHIZ IZZUNIT

as for day time places for large numbers of people, thats a tough one. Maybe Ha Ha's and MAshtun/Fitzherberts in town or Fourtune of War or Coallition on the beach front

The Firkin is now just the Font, since the Firkin it has turned into a more poncy wine bar, with less screens, but still cheap. Prob still good for the football though, but King and Queen will have the most space for football, but the toilets are MINGING

Cool - not sure a wine bar for the footy suits. Where abouts is the King and Queen?

Is Gemini down by the Beach Club, and The Zap and stuff (if they still exist - Christ I'm old)?

Might tell the boss to meet us in the Hikers Rest.

Cool - not sure a wine bar for the footy suits. Where abouts is the King and Queen?

Is Gemini down by the Beach Club, and The Zap and stuff (if they still exist - Christ I'm old)?

Might tell the boss to meet us in the Hikers Rest.

Geminis is almost opposite the bottom of West Street. I agree with Brett, if it's sunny then it's the right place to go. Easy for the shoppers to find you too.

The K&Q is just along London Road from the Dome, before you get to St Peter's Church.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Donatellos - SHIT FOOD. IMO.........

Ask pizza, went there for Xmas drink up for about 15 of us, very good food and priced well. Some nice looking IMMIGRANT staff. One was also GAY.....:O

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
30 of us went to ask for the mrs birthday & we got stitched up big time with the bill.

Piccolos is always good for groups but you will have to book ahead

Everyone always has a good and bad experience at most places!!!.............however the Fash brothers to a pretty good spread at Picclos.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
If you only want cheep drinks and lots of screens fot the footie then the WALKABOUT is good, and there will be loads of 18yo stooooodents in there!

But depending on your age ranges it might not be to everyones taste

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Beano to Brighton - and there was me thinking we had signed a new player:thud::thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here