Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Was Grimsby away his last game?

I was there.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I remember when Sussex University was flooded so the team trained at Christs Hospital which is only a 10 minute walk from my house.

I expected lots of people to be watching the training but there was absolutely no one there except my mum and a 9-10 year old me.
Peter Taylor asked me if I wanted to join in, so I ran around like a loon and scored a penalty vs. Kuipers. Bloody good times, the club had a real connection with the fans back then, and right now I feel about 10 again not 22.

BQrolbYCQAAIaKI.jpg

Roll on Friday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes, I was. Got my first season ticket in the first season at Withdean, although had been watching since 1990. Zamora was the first real hero for my generation (after all the issues the club had been through).

To be honest, I'd been questioning the logic of signing Zamora all summer but the moment I saw the announcement last night it was all forgotten. Really looking forward to Friday now. Whatever happens, I'd rather have Zamora as back up than O'Grady (can't imagine O'Grady would have scored that goal against West Brom).

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was Grimsby away his last game?

I was there.

I remember that game for asking a non playing Charlie Oatway at half time whether it was true his full name consisted of all the names of the QPR team from way back when. His reaction was rather hostile to say the least!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Having first seen Brighton in the 70s in the old Div 1 I can honestly say those two promotion-winning seasons from Lg 2 and Lg 1 were the most enjoyable of my 'supporter' life in spite of the Withdean experience. Season ticket, no weekend work, between relationships so no grief on that front, a winning team, lots of new grounds and Zamora taking the piss. The bet I have been most happy to lose was with a pal that Lee Steele would score more that first season! (paid up by Christmas).

Obviously his role will be hugely different this time, not the human greyhound beating defenders for pace and goalkeepers for fun. But his experience, leadership and hold-up play will be invaluable, and I don't think you can actually put a value on how much he will lift the place, so badly needed after last season.

If we get 25-30 games out of him and 10 goals that will be a real coup, even without the other benefits.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yes and what our friends up the road seem to forget we had a very large away support from Withdean, so although we did not bring in the 28k crowds we are lucky to see now, we were still well supported.

What about the 33k or so fans in the play off finals, the 5k we took upto Selhurst. As someone else has already stated they are living in a house or cards, ala Portsmouth it will all go t its oop!

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
I was there for his first game on loan when this slight loanee appeared we decided to rate him based on his first 3 touches. Based on these we decided he was shite... How wrong we were

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was there for his first game on loan when this slight loanee appeared we decided to rate him based on his first 3 touches. Based on these we decided he was shite... How wrong we were
I am also in that boat. Having seen his hat trick against Chester, I remember telling my mates that he was lucky and wasn't really any good.[emoji33]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nope, but still respect him n glad he's back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here