Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

“Be careful what you wish for Brighton fans” - How the football world owes us an apology

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Really? Because we've won a couple of games in the PL? The 'football world' owes us nothing.

Not just any old PL games are they? Spurs at home and Liverpool away. And they weren't just scrappy one nil wins either. We were worthy winners in both matches, limiting them to barely any chances. Not to mention our style of play and the quality of the goals. Do you really think we'd of gone to Liverpool and had that many shots on goal under CH? We'd of been lucky if we had one. The pundits basically said the club couldn't dream bigger. How wrong they were. They owe us an apology for sure.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
A handful of big mouth pundits thought the sacking of CH was wrong. Hardly ‘the football world’ is it. This thread could have been started by the Mail or the Sun. It’s typical of the OTT cheerleading relentlessly pushed out by vagabond. The football world doesn’t owe us anything. It doesn’t even exist as one entity FFS.

A handful? Try dozens. Not to mention all the other facilitators who allowed them to take their free hits without challenge.

Also, no one is suggesting the football world is an entity. You can substitute it for 'football community' if you like - perhaps that'll help you understand this thread a bit better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did Vagabond owe me an apology when we went a whole calendar year with one home win and failed to beat 10 man Sheffield United?

Thought not........

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A handful? Try dozens. Not to mention all the other facilitators who allowed them to take their free hits without challenge.

Also, no one is suggesting the football world is an entity. You can substitute it for 'football community' if you like - perhaps that'll help you understand this thread a bit better.

Nothing will help me understand this thread a bit better :)
However, I do understand the reason it was bounced.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not just any old PL games are they? Spurs at home and Liverpool away. And they weren't just scrappy one nil wins either. We were worthy winners in both matches, limiting them to barely any chances. Not to mention our style of play and the quality of the goals. Do you really think we'd of gone to Liverpool and had that many shots on goal under CH? We'd of been lucky if we had one. The pundits basically said the club couldn't dream bigger. How wrong they were. They owe us an apology for sure.

Or they just had a different opinion. It’s also worth pointing out that expressing doubts about GP doesn’t imply a wish for the return of CH. It’s this type of binary thinking that is turning support for BHA into some sort of celebrity game show. Potter in/Potter out. I couldn’t care less about the two different gangs.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I wouldn’t agree the ‘football world’ owes us an apology. The majority don’t care about *teams like brighton*. To them we’re just clubs their team plays. I would however agree that pundits should take more ownership of their comments and be more analytical and unbias, opposed to the jump on the bandwagon let’s be outraged by something.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Who gives a shit what anybody thinks about us? Just let our football do the talking or not. Again this is all ego needy BS. What difference does an apology make? This is very similar to that olive branch crap. Someone desperate to have their view point back slapped and ego stroked.

Jimmy Grimble

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm sorry but that is just plain wrong. With all the Palarse sh** that's allowed on here and the hundreds of "Potter Out" posts after every game, you are stopping Vagabond from (rightly) gloating from being one of GPs biggest fans (which I don't think he was) .

Well I want to report who ever reported him (NB at a guess) for being a Palarse troll.

Get a grip. New low on NSC for me.

Thank you [emoji120] buddy. Even though GB is grumpy with me at the moment, I do appreciate he probably does get a fair bit of grief from people as a mod. I think in this case he was swayed by someone with a grudge. “I don’t agree with this thread, so I’ll report it” is a gross misuse of reporting IMO.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Don't 'people' have more important things to get annoyed about? All a bit pathetic really.

Them people that are annoyed need to grow a back bone then and stop being so childish.

Think we need a poll to see what people think.

Does that mean annoying threads demanding Potter Out should now be reported ? Lol.

He bounced a thread. Boo Hoo.

Whoever reported this clearly has an agenda.

I, for one can’t recall seeing this thread? I must have missed it first time around so going back and reading that first page after this weeks results is a joy and a great read. Seeing Bloom and co vindicated in their decision and a reminder of some of those pathetic reports and comments is very interesting.
What’s the problem with this being bounced when it’s so relevant?
Compared with some of the ridiculous threads on here I think people need to sort their priorities out

Agreed. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading back over this thread.

More than ever the football world owes us an apology.

Exactly. Doesn’t come across as anything like spamming to me. Just a reasonable bounce of a viewpoint at an appropriate time.......no-one has to read it. As for reporting it.......FFS :mad:

Cheers guys [emoji482]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Thanks Vagabond for re-posting the original article that I also missed.
It's clearly something that is extremely topical for all Brighton fans in what has been a rollercoaster of a season.

It's uplifting to see the strength that Tony Bloom has shown to put his huge investment in the hands of such a young unproven manager.
By sharing the article once again it reminds us how bold the decision was to part company with Chris Hughton when so many people felt it to be a wrong move.

I enjoy your contributions Vagabond, I hope you are able to keep them coming.

Thank you for the kind words. This thread is one of my favourite contributions to NSC as it’s a topic I’m quite passionate about. I just checked again and it’s 95 likes currently. So clearly it’s something a lot of folk here agree with.

I will continue to contribute here and god help me continue to engage with everyone, even the small merry band of haters that follow me around from time to time.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I will continue to contribute here and god help me continue to engage with everyone

Well let me be the first to say thank you and I think speak for the whole Board when I say that's a relief and frankly the news we've all all been waiting for.

I'll stop now before I get too emotional.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It was pathetic but who actually cares? Pundits will always discount us while focusing on the big teams. That's where their audience lies and anyone wishing for fairness and impartiality from the media is going to have a very long wait...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Thank you for the kind words. This thread is one of my favourite contributions to NSC as it’s a topic I’m quite passionate about. I just checked again and it’s 95 likes currently. So clearly it’s something a lot of folk here agree with.

I will continue to contribute here and god help me continue to engage with everyone, even the small merry band of haters that follow me around from time to time.

Congratulations on 95 likes.

Edit that’s a good conversion rate on circa 30 thousand views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Or they just had a different opinion. It’s also worth pointing out that expressing doubts about GP doesn’t imply a wish for the return of CH. It’s this type of binary thinking that is turning support for BHA into some sort of celebrity game show. Potter in/Potter out. I couldn’t care less about the two different gangs.

Obviously they have a different opinion, or else they wouldn't have expressed said opinion. It's just that they turned out to be wrong. Usually, if someone's proved to be wrong they hold their hands up. Unless a bit of humility no longer exists?

It's not about Potter, it's about where we are as a club since CH left. Not a lot has changed in terms of league position, but our philosophy and the way we play is way, way better. If you can't see that things have improved, especially after we just beat Spurs and Liverpool, then that's a pity, because I for one am absolutely loving it.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Throughout all the threads I read (a lot more than I post on), one thing is clear. This particular mod seems to be the most childish argumentative mod on there. Must be Bozza's nephew or have some relation to him... You are a mod and are in the public eye of the forum.. get over yourself

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Obviously they have a different opinion, or else they wouldn't have expressed said opinion. It's just that they turned out to be wrong. Usually, if someone's proved to be wrong they hold their hands up. Unless a bit of humility no longer exists?

It's not about Potter, it's about where we are as a club since CH left. Not a lot has changed in terms of league position, but our philosophy and the way we play is way, way better. If you can't see that things have improved, especially after we just beat Spurs and Liverpool, then that's a pity, because I for one am absolutely loving it.

Nothing in what I have said suggests anything of the sort. I have enjoyed the football since Potter was appointed. I had a few weeks of wavering pre Christmas when the tempo reduced significantly and I couldn’t see anything being done about it. Before that and since I have been loving it. I have always supported the team and especially when players have had a difficult time. My gripes have never been about the manager just about his irritating enterage on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here