Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC4 Friday - WELLER

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Just a heads up for like minded Weller fans that the great man is on BBC4 for a couple of hours tomorrow night.

First hour features BBC performances spanning his 35 year career, and the following hour is a live session recorded for the BBC in 2008 when he was promoting the 22 Dreams album.

Don't forget to set your Sky+ etc.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From The Jam at Concorde 2 next month - the music Weller fans really want to hear - not all the turgid shite dad music that's come since (although I don't mind a thin slice of The Council, but that's as far as I go)

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Thanks for that as I didn't know it was on. Was it really 30 years ago that the Jam last played a gig?

It was December 1982....last gig Brighton Centre
He was also at recording for Radio 4 yesterday too...
The Gift (final album) is being re released.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Just a heads up for like minded Weller fans that the great man is on BBC4 for a couple of hours tomorrow night.

First hour features BBC performances spanning his 35 year career, and the following hour is a live session recorded for the BBC in 2008 when he was promoting the 22 Dreams album.

Don't forget to set your Sky+ etc.

thank you thank you...didnt know it was on

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
From The Jam at Concorde 2 next month - the music Weller fans really want to hear - not all the turgid shite dad music that's come since (although I don't mind a thin slice of The Council, but that's as far as I go)

seen em a few times as Russell Hastings is mate of a mate (lead singer) is from Bognor...met Rick Buckler (not in the band anymore) when they played
couple years back...nearly pissed myself...they are great

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
It was December 1982....last gig Brighton Centre
He was also at recording for Radio 4 yesterday too...
The Gift (final album) is being re released.

Yes, i went to that gig. It was such a great atmosphere, tinged with sadness. One of the few bands who have steadfastly refused to re-form, even for a one off event. Even the Clash were on the verge.

I respect that, but wouldn't it be great to see the three of them play once more?

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Yes, i went to that gig. It was such a great atmosphere, tinged with sadness. One of the few bands who have steadfastly refused to re-form, even for a one off event. Even the Clash were on the verge.

I respect that, but wouldn't it be great to see the three of them play once more?

I saw Weller & Foxton on stage together playing Art School at a charity gig in Woking a couple of years back. Probably the best moment of my life!! I think that's the nearest I'm ever going to get to seeing them live!
(I also met Rick Buckler in Bognor a couple of years back & also nearly wet myself!!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watching, he is a great musician shame about his political beliefs, mind you he would that about me :lolol::lolol:

Thought he was at his best as Style Council

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I saw Weller & Foxton on stage together playing Art School at a charity gig in Woking a couple of years back. Probably the best moment of my life!! I think that's the nearest I'm ever going to get to seeing them live!
(I also met Rick Buckler in Bognor a couple of years back & also nearly wet myself!!)

did you meet him at the scooter club do in that club in the hall near the cinema by any chance?
My mate does support dj'ing for the from the jam boys (his son also signed for brighton so hes a lucky bastard all round)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BBC4 has a pretty decent themed selection of music most Friday evenings, worth staying in for sometimes.

Will watch the Weller stuff on iPlayer later.

BBC4 rocks big time musically they have shown some outstanding stuff on Friday nights

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

No, it wouldnt be the same, they were on fire in their 20's, if they got back now it would just be about the money....but I know i still would go..
It was great seeing rick & bruce together but bit weird as they were in a tribute band to themselves but still great tunes & russell hastings is a good front man

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
did you meet him at the scooter club do in that club in the hall near the cinema by any chance?
My mate does support dj'ing for the from the jam boys (his son also signed for brighton so hes a lucky bastard all round)

I know the gig you mean, I think I know of your mate as well, he's in the Midhurst Detours scooter club who were holding that do in Bognor, in the Masonic hall!

A mate of mine knows Russell quite well & sorted out a charity gig at his pub. Stupidly I got too excited, too drunk & don't remember much of the evening! Woke up with a RB drumstick & signed copy of the last Jam gig on CD though so must've been a good night!

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I know the gig you mean, I think I know of your mate as well, he's in the Midhurst Detours scooter club who were holding that do in Bognor, in the Masonic hall!

A mate of mine knows Russell quite well & sorted out a charity gig at his pub. Stupidly I got too excited, too drunk & don't remember much of the evening! Woke up with a RB drumstick & signed copy of the last Jam gig on CD though so must've been a good night!

sounds like a great night to me...i caught Rick's drumstick at the gig in Chi (the venue) & gave it away to a drummer mate as im nice like that...shame none of those
last proper gigs were televised as would love to see them, apparantly there were cameras at the Wembley shows but never seen any dvd's ah well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here