Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC warning to English fans dressing as crusaders - offensive to Muslims.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Although the Crusades were not a particularly nice part of our history, the association with those outfits now is with St. George and supporting England. Rightly or wrongly, I think of England fans when I see pictures like the above, rather than the Crusades or the actions of the Crusaders.

If a group of people wearing those costumes were to march against a Mosque, then that would be another matter.

The issue has been raised, discussed, and I think most agree that these costumes are not worn to cause offence, and are most likely not going to be taken offensively.

This topic was already covered and thread moved a few days ago. It was nonsense then, and nonsense now.

Get over yourself woman, you seem to always want to appear to be the Boards Moral Compass.

Don't like something, then ignore it, don't try and tell others what to discuss.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Get over yourself woman, you seem to always want to appear to be the Boards Moral Compass.

Don't like something, then ignore it, don't try and tell others what to discuss.

Ok I'll stick to saying fixtures like the others. No moral compass, just pointing out there had been a previous thread.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Why not replace the St Georges cross flag with a new design that better reflects the ethnic diversity of 21st Century England .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread has made me laugh out loud for a range of different reasons. Its a bit like how I'd imagine the annual general meeting of the Britsh 'Signing' society might be, only with some of the delegates missing fingers and/or with one arm in a sling. Held on the bridge of an unseaworthy boat in rough weather :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why not replace the St Georges cross flag with a new design that better reflects the ethnic diversity of 21st Century England .

Why should we or any country for that matter..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here