Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's the 90s today folks........

this_is_england_90_kelly.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
10-12 on Soho Radio this morning is an interview with Johnny Turnbull from the Blockheads, he's worked with most people over the years, played everywhere . . . going right back to his first band 'Skip Bifferty' in '67. ( very good UK psych album and single)

https://sohoradiolondon.com/schedule/
Skip Bifferty - bl**dy hell, there's a name I hadn't heard for about 50 years!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Craig Charles playing a bit of Australian pop Psychobilly, not bad even if they are mocked by the hardcore Psychos.

One bug bear of mine is they play stuff like this and the cramps and call it punk, it is not...
Just another reason why I hate the music industry, constantly ignoring or not giving credit where it is due.

moan, moan, moan...
A whole genre sustained entirely by it's self, lasted nearly 42 years now....

https://youtu.be/VVtD4qMy5Hc

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Craig Charles playing a bit of Australian pop Psychobilly, not bad even if they are mocked by the hardcore Psychos.

One bug bear of mine is they play stuff like this and the cramps and call it punk, it is not...
Just another reason why I hate the music industry, constantly ignoring or not giving credit where it is due.

moan, moan, moan...
A whole genre sustained entirely by it's self, lasted nearly 42 years now....

https://youtu.be/VVtD4qMy5Hc

At least you can listen to it.

I'm not allowed to play The Cramps unless my other half has gone out....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Advance apologies for dramarama daylight snobbery but Lauren Lsverne referring to artists as ‘ar-ists’ ! Jamz Supernova I have to switch off because she drops every T in the language, but it’s becoming endemic on that station. Huey Morgan is just about the only one seemingly capable of speaking ‘the Queen’s’ on R6 these days.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Advance apologies for dramarama daylight snobbery but Lauren Lsverne referring to artists as ‘ar-ists’ ! Jamz Supernova I have to switch off because she drops every T in the language, but it’s becoming endemic on that station. Huey Morgan is just about the only one seemingly capable of speaking ‘the Queen’s’ on R6 these days.

You must find a day out in Brighton a terrible ordeal. Or is just presenters on the wireless that need to speak in a particular way?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Which track?

Every Time I Eat Vegetables (Smithers Jones for vegetarians) . LeMacq was eulogising about them being old muckers, dating back to a meeting at Liverpool Street station, and still good friends today.

Followed by Laurie Anderson’s ‘Oh Superman’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here