Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC iPlayer Recommendations?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Jimmy McGovern’s hard-hitting prison drama, Time, is coming back in a matter of weeks.

Season two of the celebrated drama stars Jodie Whittaker, Tamara Lawrance and Bella Ramsey.

Told through the lens of three very different inmates, series two of Time tells of life inside a women’s prison. Arriving at Carlingford Prison on the same day, Kelsey (Ramsey), Orla (Whittaker) and Abi (Lawrance) are thrown together to face an unfamiliar world. But even with the ever-present threat of violence within its walls, they discover that an unexpected sense of community, and a shared understanding, still might be possible.

Time (Series 2): Sunday 29th October, 9pm, BBC One

View attachment 168235

Watched first two episodes last night watching next one tonight- can’t help thinking I’m watching Wentworth or Bad Girls.
Thought series one was better

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Meant to post this last night, as it was perfect for Halloween...

Wisconsin Death Trip, originally made for the Arena arts series. A creepy as... docu-drama accompanied by real photographs from the time, recounting the spate of violent deaths and insanity in Black River Falls, Wisconsin, at the end of the 19th century:

For anyone who likes having the willies put up them on dark winter evenings, I'd also recommend the BBC2 series 'Uncanny'. Don't really believe in ghosts, but the first episode is one of the most convincing cases I've heard.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Not sure if mentioned before…JERK..dark, self deprecating and at times funny as flip. My 15 yo watched some of it with me and asked if it was ok to be laughing at it 😀

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Boat Story.

Very enjoyable caper about two people in way over their heads.
Great cast.
Quirky but not overly so.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
A couple of good series from the late 80's and early 90's - Making Out (soundtrack by New Order) and Cardiac Arrest (Jed Mercurio)

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Boat Story.

Very enjoyable caper about two people in way over their heads.
Great cast.
Quirky but not overly so.
Im sort of joying this but im not quite sure what it is !!

The violence is pretty extreme and im not sure it needs to be so......graphic?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
For history buffs I thought the BBCs "Rise of the Nazis' was one of the best things I've watched on the subject matter.

3 parts, that jump to certain periods. First episode very interesting as from 20s through early mid 30s.

Combination of real footage, historians and actor re-enacment.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Gary Lineker interviews Sir Elton, going to be on football focus I think, but already on iplayer, not only does Sir Elton know his stuff, makes comments about how much he loves Brighton (and Brentford) and how well we're run.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Been excellent, the 'will they/won't they?' continues and a decent plot.

Certainly sets up S6.
The BBC has confirmed that season 6 of Strike has now begun production.

Tom Burke and Holliday Grainger return for the four-episode Strike: The Ink Black Heart.

This series’ cast also includes David Westhead, Christian McKay, Emma Fielding, Tupele Dorgu and James Nelson-Joyce amongst others.

Ruth Sheen will return as Pat, Strike’s office manager, alongside fellow returning cast members Jack Greenlees as Sam Barclay, Natasha O’Keeffe as Charlotte, and Caitlin Innes Edwards as Ilsa.

When frantic, dishevelled Edie Ledwell appears in the office begging to speak to her, private detective Robin Ellacott doesn’t know quite what to make of the situation. The co-creator of a popular cartoon, The Ink Black Heart, Edie is being persecuted by a mysterious online figure who goes by the pseudonym of Anomie. Edie is desperate to uncover Anomie’s true identity.

Robin decides that the agency can’t help with this – and thinks nothing more of it until a few days later, when she reads the shocking news that Edie has been tasered and then murdered in Highgate Cemetery, the location of The Ink Black Heart.

Robin and her business partner Cormoran Strike become drawn into the quest to uncover Anomie’s true identity. But with a complex web of online aliases, business interests and family conflicts to navigate, Strike and Robin find themselves embroiled in a case that stretches them to their limit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here