Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Cubs beat the Indians 5-1, taking the series to 1-1 in a 4 hour game.

Both sides trying to beat their World Series drought - last time for the Cubs was 1908 and it was 1948 for the Indians

Next game Friday night at Wrigley Field

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
What a reply from the Cubs after the night before. Hopefully the Cubs can now pick up a couple of Wrigley. Would not be surprised if this went to all 7 games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I think the Cubs will win this in six. The Indians have a great starting pitcher in Kluber and arguably the best bullpen in MLB, but the Cubs have it all. Additionally, some of the Indians pitchers can't hit for sh!t, so they are going to struggle in a National League ballpark. I think that might give the Cubs the edge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cubs fans have waited 71 years to see their team play in a World Series, looks like a cracking atmosphere there tonight.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just watched diehard Cubs fan Bill Murray leading the crowd in 'take me out to the ballgame' - marvelous scenes

bill-murray.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Indians take 3rd game 1-0 and lead the series 2-1.

5th shut out for the Indians

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What is the definition of anti-climax?
shame the first WS game at Wrigley for over seventy years didn't go well.

Incidentally, I was a little surprised that the two clubs contesting this year's fall classic managed to net a total of six votes between them on the poll at the top of this thread.

But then part of the attraction of MLB is that it is not a foregone conclusion at the beginning of the season who will go all the way, and its so rare for clubs to repeat.
Unlike our premier league where its a 5000/1 chance for someone outside the top four to win the Premier League.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Great scenes in Chicago last night finally a home World Series win! Hope they can take it to a game 7, they're not done yet!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
So cubbies have taken it to a game 7! Might have to get up for this tomorrow morning, should be a epic decider!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As the clocks haven't changed in the US it's a 12 midnight start not 1am. Tempted to stay up.

Go Tribe!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I will be watching tonight in my Cubs top. I don't fancy their chances against Kluber but if their bats get hot...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched the first three innings last night, wow what a game. MONUMENTAL foul-up in deep RF contributed to a 3-0 Cubs lead in the 1st, then Tomlin loads the bases in the 3rd and gets hooked, Otero inherits the mess and gives up a grand slam homer on his second pitch for 7-0. FANTASTIC entertainment last night, I so much wanted to stay up for it, wish I could've.

If I start watching it tonight I'm not going to be able to tear myself away.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I watched the first three innings last night, wow what a game. MONUMENTAL foul-up in deep RF contributed to a 3-0 Cubs lead in the 1st, then Tomlin loads the bases in the 3rd and gets hooked, Otero inherits the mess and gives up a grand slam homer on his second pitch for 7-0. FANTASTIC entertainment last night, I so much wanted to stay up for it, wish I could've.

If I start watching it tonight I'm not going to be able to tear myself away.

This will be the case with me too,think am going to record it and get up early and watch it before I head to work, then I can skip ads etc! Really hoping the Cubs pull it off!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This will be the case with me too,think am going to record it and get up early and watch it before I head to work, then I can skip ads etc! Really hoping the Cubs pull it off!

Not an option for me unfortunately, being as I'm watching it on a moody stream.
If I can steer clear of beeerage / red wine, then there's a chance I'll see it through. I'm pulling for the Cubs too.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's been a long and epic season and so it's great that it comes down to a 7th game decider. In 30 years supporting Texas, it has been one of the best for me, partly as my youngest son has got so into it and we made it to both Citi Field and Camden Yards this year. I did used to root for the Cubbies as my NL team when they were dreadful (see last 20 years), but as a Ranger I find I have to plump for the AL team, especially as they have Mike Napoli who was a favourite in Arlington.

PG

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dream start for the Cubs, lead- off homer in 1st innings.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's all happening now, a pick-off and a double play helps Hendricks out of a hole. 1-0 end of 2nd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here