Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As a Mets fan you hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Anyway, nice while it lasted and congrats to the Giants for taking it 3-0 with a home run by Gillaspie in the 9th - they now go on to meet the Cubs in Chicago

Probably root for the Dodgers now

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Bring on the Giants. Three of us will be at Wrigley Field on Saturday. It's the bleachers section in the outfield (oppo the home base) but we will be there.

9:45 p.m. in Salt Lake City. Mormon City

Flying to Chicago on Thursday (tomorrow in the states) arriving near 10 p.m. then to something called the Chicago Mob tour on Friday and a pub cruise (on a coach) on Friday night. The Chicago Marathon Saturday morning and the Giants vs Cubs on Saturday night. I have more time in Chicago but the beginning will be intense.

Last edited:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Yes! Bring on the Cubbies; I'm sure they'd rather have faced the Mets. Classic post season MadBum performance. I was very down about the Giants' chances during the sh!te second half of the season, but if the starters can go long, they have a whisker of a chance against the hugely talented Cubs - it's an even year after all. Let's go Giants!!!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As a Mets fan you hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Always feel for the losing Wild Card team - to win 80+ games over the season and then go out one a one-off is sickening, worse when it's your own team. Think the Mets can be pretty pleased with their season, given the injuries they've suffered yet again. Any pitching staff would miss men of the calibre they've lost during this season, in particular.

Will probably root for the Cubs, I think. Only team with over 100 wins this season, and so long without a World Series. Good luck to them.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I haven't been this excited in a long time. Plane leaves SLC Airport at 5:09 p.m. local 12:09 a.m. in UK. Arrive 9:20 p.m. Chicago time (3:20 a.m. UK) at O'Hare Airport.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Going to see my mate play in his band (his band are household names in Canada) and then I'm going to drag him into London to watch the Jays tonight.

Happy enough with them starting Estrada tonight.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Bring on the Giants. Three of us will be at Wrigley Field on Saturday. It's the bleachers section in the outfield (oppo the home base) but we will be there.

9:45 p.m. in Salt Lake City. Mormon City

Flying to Chicago on Thursday (tomorrow in the states) arriving near 10 p.m. then to something called the Chicago Mob tour on Friday and a pub cruise (on a coach) on Friday night. The Chicago Marathon Saturday morning and the Giants vs Cubs on Saturday night. I have more time in Chicago but the beginning will be intense.

If you can mate would be great if you could post some pics up on here from the game! Very envious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And then there's the Twins... :facepalm:

[tweet]782585687144968192[/tweet]

...but I still love 'em.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
ALDS Game 1 Results

Blue Jays 10
Rangers 1

Indians 5
Red Sox 4

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Boston @ Cleveland sounded like a great game. Not really sure what the Red Sox batter was arguing about at the end though - he clearly did fail to check his swing - that's a strike, no argument.

As for the Blue Jays, absolutely brilliant. As I said, Estrada seemed a decent call and he went for 4 hits in 8.1 innings. Superb performance. Lovely to see Jose Bautista batting in 2 runs and then smashing a homer - if revenge is a dish best served cold, then Jose put his in deep freeze, provided 10 tupperware boxes covered in handy stickers explaining how best to defrost. Keep on booing him, Rangers fans. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And then there's the Twins... :facepalm:

[tweet]782585687144968192[/tweet]

...but I still love 'em.

I've only just bothered with this. Glad I did though. I can't decide which is the funniest play. The first one where he trips over his own feet, or the pitcher and catcher somehow bolloxing up that intentional walk. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've only just bothered with this. Glad I did though. I can't decide which is the funniest play. The first one where he trips over his own feet, or the pitcher and catcher somehow bolloxing up that intentional walk. :lolol:

I happened to be at that game when the complete clusterfvck happened with the (attempted) intentional walk. It was a young reliever from the bullpen, Pat Light, and it happened at the top of the 9th with the Twins trailing 3-2. What that clip DIDN'T show was that someone for the Tigers actually came steaming in from 3rd base and SCORED off that play. Needless to say, Light was hooked immediately afterwards, to much boo-ing and many catcalls. A guy next to me stood up and bellowed "YOU SUUUUUUUUUCK" as poor Pat trudged towards the dugout. :lolol:

They collapsed after that and lost 8-2. Great day though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Jays win 5-3 in game 2 to take a 2-0 lead in the series. A much more nervous finish than yesterday but I'll take that :thumbsup:

Be nice to wrap things up on Sunday at the Roger's Centre.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Jays win 5-3 in game 2 to take a 2-0 lead in the series. A much more nervous finish than yesterday but I'll take that :thumbsup:

Be nice to wrap things up on Sunday at the Roger's Centre.

Just watched game 2 at Loose Moose on Front St. Very cool atmosphere and result, especially as the city is quieter than normal due to your Thanksgiving on Monday.
Came here from So. Cal. for the weekend, and to treat the lady wife to a kid free time with a surprise trip to the Air Canada Centre tonight to watch Adele.

I have to say Toronto is a very, very cool city. Some of the places we have eaten are exceptional (Gusto's & Chase so far), it helps that the weather is also clear blue sky and sunny. Go Blue Jays.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
With that atmosphere and how pumped the jays will be on Sunday and now they are getting used to these situations I think jays will wrap it up Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here