Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2015

DavePage

The chanting on Friday for the entire time Hamels was pitching was Ham-els, Ham-els. Which seemed odd but eerie, with the whole stadium doing it.
When the closer Dyson came on the chant changed to Hoo-ver, Hoo-ver, had to smile, it was the first time that I’ve heard British style humorous chanting over here. Long may it continue.
As for the diving catch by Pillar, he has been doing it all season, some ridiculous catches out there, has to be gold glover this year.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Last night was baseball at its best, the last 3 innings of the Blue Jays - Rangers game had just about everything type of major incident you could wish for.

Just as a sporting spectacle it was tremendous. I clearly don't know the ins and outs but any sport would find it difficult to match that for skill, atmosphere, tension, technical process, athleticism, controversy, well everything really. Toronto will be a happier place this morning.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
The chanting on Friday for the entire time Hamels was pitching was Ham-els, Ham-els. Which seemed odd but eerie, with the whole stadium doing it.
When the closer Dyson came on the chant changed to Hoo-ver, Hoo-ver, had to smile, it was the first time that I’ve heard British style humorous chanting over here. Long may it continue.
As for the diving catch by Pillar, he has been doing it all season, some ridiculous catches out there, has to be gold glover this year.

Pillar golden glove, Donaldson mvp!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
See ya Dodgers! Watched this in a bar rammed with Mets fans – unbelievable atmosphere. 3-2 to the Mets and they take the series. Don’t you just love it when the team with the highest payroll (a record $257M) bows out. Good work by the Murph and Travis D’Arnaud. All the Mets fans who wanted Murphy traded are strangely silent now. Greinke pitched a very good game but other than him the Dodgers just don’t have the pitchers or the hitters, they just cannot win the big home games and that is their downfall. First game against the Cubs next Tuesday – Go Mets!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
See ya Dodgers! Watched this in a bar rammed with Mets fans – unbelievable atmosphere. 3-2 to the Mets and they take the series. Don’t you just love it when the team with the highest payroll (a record $257M) bows out. Good work by the Murph and Travis D’Arnaud. All the Mets fans who wanted Murphy traded are strangely silent now. Greinke pitched a very good game but other than him the Dodgers just don’t have the pitchers or the hitters, they just cannot win the big home games and that is their downfall. First game against the Cubs next Tuesday – Go Mets!

Ha ha!! I absolutely LOVE the fact that one of the Mets' runs was scored entirely due to the Dodgers' incompetence. Heads up play from Murphy, taking the walk to second base but realising that the Dodgers, who had put on the shift, had completely failed to cover third, enabling him to steal without a Dodger being within 20 yards of the bag. A subsequent flyball was enough to bring him home. All that money and yet in the biggest game of the season you can't get the fundamentals right. What a bunch of overpaid losers.

Being a D'backs fan I had no love for the Dodgers anyway but their antics when they clinched the NL West a couple of years ago at Chase Field, firstly celebrating in the outfield pool and then urinating in it showed just what a bunch of classless CJTCs they really are.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
It has been mentioned that some Cub fans are afraid that sometimes their defence is no better than the Dodger's defence was Thursday night. The advantage that the Cubs can provide is that their hitters will hit more homers when the wind is blowing towards the outfield in Wrigley Field. In Citifield I'm not sure if that will play better for the Cubs home run hitters.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Just seen Murphys stolen 3rd base!!

Brilliant from the METS. Would love to be in the Big Apple next week!!!!!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It has been mentioned that some Cub fans are afraid that sometimes their defence is no better than the Dodger's defence was Thursday night. The advantage that the Cubs can provide is that their hitters will hit more homers when the wind is blowing towards the outfield in Wrigley Field. In Citifield I'm not sure if that will play better for the Cubs home run hitters.

For me the fact that the Cubs got to post season is a bonus, the fact that we did the cards makes it very much sweeter. Defence is very much the key against the Mets and so it'll be interesting.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Yet another winter for LA to revel in a magnificent NL West win. Good bye Donnie? Love a Giants fan.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Just seen Murphys stolen 3rd base!!

Brilliant from the METS. Would love to be in the Big Apple next week!!!!!

The whole internet seems to be creaming itself over that - as a complete novice (first game ever watched was the Cubs a couple of days ago), can someone explain why it was so special?

To my untrained eye he trotted from first base to second because of a foul ball or whatever it was, there was no-one on third so he ran there. Seems obvious? Yet everyone's going on about it being a great 'heads up' play by him (as opposed to a cock up by the opposition). Was it really that exceptional?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Great to wake up to the news today that the METS march on. They have been my team since I went to Shea Stadium in 1970 for the first time as a 9 year old. And then regular visits every year to the Big Apple seeing as my siblings all settled there.
Actually saw the great Willie Mays play for them in 1972. Lots of highs and lows; I remember the empty stadiums for the evening midweek games. Helped being a Albion fan.

Roll on Saturday and the Cubs series.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The whole internet seems to be creaming itself over that - as a complete novice (first game ever watched was the Cubs a couple of days ago), can someone explain why it was so special?

To my untrained eye he trotted from first base to second because of a foul ball or whatever it was, there was no-one on third so he ran there. Seems obvious? Yet everyone's going on about it being a great 'heads up' play by him (as opposed to a cock up by the opposition). Was it really that exceptional?

Yep that was a massive thing to steal that base; lazy play from the Dodgers. Much easier to score a run from 3rd than 2nd. No-one covered 3rd base so he stole it (God I sound like a Yank).

The batter had 4 balls thrown at him (bad pitches) so he walked to 1st and the guy at 1st walked to 2nd. And then was a very cheeky boy and ran to 3rd. And this led to the equaliser (game tying run at 2-2).

In my defence, I hate American Football and Basketball. Love the Ice Hockey.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I've never understood why it was a bad thing to know details about the finer points of a sport despite maybe not liking the sport. I certainly know a lot about volleyball. I never liked playing or watching volleyball. The same could be said for rugby and the reason I "think" the only World Cup is for football.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Gutted to wake up to hear the mets progressed fully behind a Cubs v blue Jays World Series now!

Dodgers have yet again spent big and come away with nothing, that keeps happening they'll be going down the phillies line of all ageing past it players on huge contracts which they'll be stuck with and cripple the club for some years. It's hurt us for a few painful years now and we're only just coming out of it! Tigers are also quickly heading down that slope too!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was watching last night and couldn't believe the steal, total amateur hour from the Dodgers. De Grom was impressive on the mound too.

May 14, 2015
Credit where credits due, our cross town rivals the Mets are performing. How many opportunities did the dodgers have last night? All the fans saying fire Mattingly should realise their bats were not there last night, and Kershaw, Greinke or Mattingly could do NOTHING anything about it. I will say now that i believe the Dodgers have had the best roster this year, but when your not clutch in the playoffs you cant expect to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here