Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2015

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tonight was like a slow death. Had the chances but just didn't drive in the runs tonight, 1-for-5 with RISP, just that sole Rosario slam scoring. So frustrating, it was a chance to get within half a game of the Rangers as they're not playing tonight. Tough road trips now to the Astros and the Royals, wins will be in short supply over the next week...and no Albion to pick me up.

Bloody baseball.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Ergh swept by the Red Sox winning that race for 1st draft pick though! Cubs are on for a good needed sweep of the Diamondbacks looking good for a wildcard spot! Mets lost to Marlins and have a big series with the Nats next!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Some great series this week, Mets v Nats, Cubs v Cards, blue jays v Yankees and ofc the two worst teams in baseball for the battle of the basement Phillies v Braves!! Lol

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
The Cubs were hot and staying up with the Pirates and Cardinals. Unfortunately, despite a no-hitter by Arrieta in the middle of it, they lost 2 to each of the Giants, Dodgers and lowly Reds. It seems a lot of momentum was lost but they will most likely make the playoffs as the second wild card team which, it seems, hasn't happened for the Cubs in a long time.

The Cubs have blown the NL Central wide open, love to see them sweep the cards tonight!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Rangers looking really solid now and within 1 game of the Astros. Getting Derek Holland back from the DL and adding veteran quality starter Hammels look to be the last pieces in the jigsaw. #NeverEverQuit

PG

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Rangers looking really solid now and within 1 game of the Astros. Getting Derek Holland back from the DL and adding veteran quality starter Hammels look to be the last pieces in the jigsaw. #NeverEverQuit

PG

How's hammels getting on? I saw he got the w last night, but how is he settling, we really miss him in Philly!! Astros young guns seem to be stuttering and becoming really inconsistent, you gotta fancy your chances in the division now?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
How's hammels getting on? I saw he got the w last night, but how is he settling, we really miss him in Philly!! Astros young guns seem to be stuttering and becoming really inconsistent, you gotta fancy your chances in the division now?

It took him a while to find his feet but he has W his last 2. Astros have had a great season but it looks like Texas has timed its run, not least in getting veteran players healthy. Not as good a team as the WS one of 2010 and 2011 but good enough to win the AL West I hope. BTW what happened to Cliff Lee?

PG

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
It took him a while to find his feet but he has W his last 2. Astros have had a great season but it looks like Texas has timed its run, not least in getting veteran players healthy. Not as good a team as the WS one of 2010 and 2011 but good enough to win the AL West I hope. BTW what happened to Cliff Lee?

PG

Would really like to see Astros (along with the Cubs) to make the playoffs would be great it's been a while for them! Think Texans will beat them to first but Astros should still claim a wildcard place although it's all very close. Really glad for Cole to leave us with that no hitter was very fitting! Yet another stint on the long term DL list for cliff we actually thought at the start of the season we might actually might get some good game time out of him which would of also really helped our rotation out but injured 3 games in injured and won't return till next year. Even then he's getting on, arm is like glass and has no trade value and eats up a lot of wages, it's sad how it's turned out for him. On the bright side we have some great prospects breaking through Aaron Nola being the star!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Would really like to see Astros (along with the Cubs) to make the playoffs would be great it's been a while for them! Think Texans will beat them to first but Astros should still claim a wildcard place although it's all very close. Really glad for Cole to leave us with that no hitter was very fitting! Yet another stint on the long term DL list for cliff we actually thought at the start of the season we might actually might get some good game time out of him which would of also really helped our rotation out but injured 3 games in injured and won't return till next year. Even then he's getting on, arm is like glass and has no trade value and eats up a lot of wages, it's sad how it's turned out for him. On the bright side we have some great prospects breaking through Aaron Nola being the star!

Yeah, pleased for the long-suffering Cubs fans. How come you are a Phillies fan?

PG

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Yeah, pleased for the long-suffering Cubs fans. How come you are a Phillies fan?

PG

My now girlfriend got me into baseball and the Phillies, she is from Philly and a fanatic,I had absolute no interest in it but when out their back in 2011 she took me to a game at CB promising me I'd love it. She wasn't wrong I was hooked the whole day and experience blow me away and ivbeen hooked ever since, I go over about twice a year to see the phils (and gf's family) and my record at cb is 0-8!!!!! Yet to see us win :-(( always listen on the MLB app to the Phillies if it's a early start or watch on Internet my love for the Phillies and baseball is up their with the Albion and football. And I play baseball as well although standard here is about that of under 14 level In America!! Lol real tough times for Phillies last few years but we'v had complete revamp this year and lots of prospects are coming in with the trades of Rollins, revere, utley, pablebon, Cole etc and some already making a impact in the first team. Hopefully back to the top in 5 years!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Subway series starts tonight. As well as this being about New York bragging rights it’s also a big deal for the Yankees as they try to stay in the AL East race with the Blue Jays. The Mets have an impressive 29-13 record over the last seven weeks and this will be a big test for Matz to see how he handles real pressure for the first time. I think the Yankees have a big challenge ahead of them – Go Mets

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Minnesota Twins are grimly hanging on to the coat-tails of the Astros for a wildcard spot, still just 1.5 games back despite having lost their last 3.

They're now in a CRUCIAL series with the Angels, who themselves are just a game back from the Twins now after beating them 11-8 last night. Twins v Angels is the MLB Game of the Day tomorrow night (12.10am), so I'm in for a late one. Must must MUST win tonight though.

I'm almost dreading switching my phone on in the mornings these days.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Astros are sliding and fast, the AL is really close and open. Cubs are on hot form! Phillies are well on their way for first pick in draft and a shocking 100 losses, sooner our season finishes the better!!

May 14, 2015
I have played for Brighton, and really enjoyed it. I would like to be in the Great Britain set up someday but who knows what will happen in the future.

May 14, 2015
Unfortunately, i have to look at this series with the ambition not to be swept. i really can not see us winning the series, so it looks like this could be the time Toronto fully take control of the AL East. I am hoping for good command from Tanaka tonight and hopefully your offense will go silent, but i am clutching at straws. A positive to take from this series would be if Greg Bird can continue to fire, cos that kid looks real hot right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here