Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2015

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cannot believe the season the Twins are having this year. After finishing rock-bottom of the ALC last year, and a humiliating uh-ohhh start to this season losing 5 out of their first 6, they're now sitting joint TOP of the ALC with the Royals on .609, 28-18, 5 games above .500 fresh from a 2-1 series win at the White Sox, and having just swept the Red Sox 3-0 at Target Field. 5 wins on the spin, 18 wins overall in the month of May, and the best home record in the AL. They're on fire. Mental, absolutely mental.

Plenty of time for it all to go wrong of course, but I'm just riding the wave at the moment.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
[MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] - just wondering what your take is on the managerial change at your Miami Marlins? Seems a very strange decision to appoint the GM as manager when the only coaching experience he has is a brief spell in High School 30 years ago. I saw a quote from the owner saying:-

That would seem to be the equivalent of Tony Bloom appointing David Burke as manager last summer. :ohmy:

Anyway, his first series has just resulted in a 4-game sweep by my D'backs, so it's a :thumbsup: from me!

Loria makes Mike Ashley seem like a sensible owner with a rational grasp of club/fan relations. That home-run "sculpture" at Marlins Park tells you everything you need to know about a man who claims to be an art expert. He got one thing right early on (sacking Jeff Torborg and appointing Jack McKeon, who took us to World Series glory in 2003) and it made him think he has half a clue about baseball. The Marlins will never amount to anything until he sells the team. Giancarlo Stanton should rip up that contract and get himself traded out of there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
MLB.com was making me laugh a couple of weeks ago.

There seemed to be a run of 'incredible' catches.
All of which were, at best, on a par with cricket, only obviously no cricketer was wearing a bloody great big glove.

T'is a good time to be a Nat'nals and Harper fan.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
All of which were, at best, on a par with cricket, only obviously no cricketer was wearing a bloody great big glove.

I thought first baseman's gloves and catchers mitts were rather large until I saw this bloke's glove.

GiantGlove.0_standard_400.0.jpg

Of course nobody has a bigger glove than these baseball fans.

1320-20big20glove.jpg

Actually that's a normal size baseball glove. The people are small size. :D

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Cannot believe the season the Twins are having this year. After finishing rock-bottom of the ALC last year, and a humiliating uh-ohhh start to this season losing 5 out of their first 6, they're now sitting joint TOP of the ALC with the Royals on .609, 28-18, 5 games above .500 fresh from a 2-1 series win at the White Sox, and having just swept the Red Sox 3-0 at Target Field. 5 wins on the spin, 18 wins overall in the month of May, and the best home record in the AL. They're on fire. Mental, absolutely mental.

Plenty of time for it all to go wrong of course, but I'm just riding the wave at the moment.

Not tempted to cash out on your bet then....?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not tempted to cash out on your bet then....?

My bet for them to get 71.5 wins ? At the current rate they're on course for about 98, so I think I'll sit on it for now :thumbsup:

They've earned me a few quid already this season, I often include them in my soccerball accas if I'm watching them that evening. They've brought home the bacon more often than not so far.

May 14, 2015
Im glad the offense for the Yankees has started to come alive again. The loss last night just proved CC Sabathia is just not the pitcher he used to be, his velocity and location seem to be struggling. Dont get me started on Gregorius, i dont blame him as hes young and is bound to make errors, but it makes me wonder what Casman was thinking. The Yankees have to make the post season this year, no matter if other teams say that it is impossible to make it every year, but the steinbrenners will not be happy if we go three seasons without the playoffs.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

In the middle of a five game slide I see. But still only two games back of those Royals.
Of course I like to think St Louis are helping - by turning KC over the past two nights.

I am looking forward to Tuesday - Free game on mlb.tv starting around 6.45pm in the UK is TWINS @ CARDINALS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the middle of a five game slide I see. But still only two games back of those Royals.
Of course I like to think St Louis are helping - by turning KC over the past two nights.

I am looking forward to Tuesday - Free game on mlb.tv starting around 6.45pm in the UK is TWINS @ CARDINALS

Well, I hoipe this isn't the MIDDLE of the slide ! But yup, after a storming May, the wheels have come off big time for the Twins this month. They've had a bit of bad luck, but the offense just is not firing like it was. Kyle Gibson is pitching on Tuesday (4-4, 3.24) he's not been too shabby, but your boy Martinez (7-2, 2.93) has some fairly frightening numbers there, so I'm fearing the worst.

As it happens I'll be on a plane, so I won't be able to watch the horror unfold. Go easy on us though...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
You're right. :( When I heard this my first thought was FBI = Sepp Blatter

Sounds a bit like the F1 spying story last year was it? McLaren/Mercedes ? I don't follow F1 so I may be wrong.

It'll be interesting to watch this story run and I wonder what the potential penalties are if they are found to have done wrong?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
mlb.com free game tonight is the Pirates in Washington

Its the bottom of the first. Charlie Morton pitching for Pittsburgh, hase just been taken out of the game after 0.2 of an inning and 43 pitches, because...
its 9-0 Nationals!

Wow

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
mlb.com free game tonight is the Pirates in Washington

Its the bottom of the first. Charlie Morton pitching for Pittsburgh, hase just been taken out of the game after 0.2 of an inning and 43 pitches, because...
its 9-0 Nationals!

Wow
Have you checked out Sherzer's (sp) last 2 pitched games for the Nat'nals?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'd missed it until they spoke about it on the commentary.

How about that Tabata HBP with 2 out in the 9th then ? Not good

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was pretty gutted that Arquimedes Caminero was taken out of the ball pen.
But replacing him with Antonio *******o makes me happy.

:lolol: :lol: :lolol: *******o that makes me even happier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here