Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2015

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
First few Post season start times in gmt....
Thur: Texans v blue Jays 8:30pm
Royals v Astros 12:30am
Fri: tex v Jays 5:30pm
Ast v royals 8:30pm
Cubs/pir v cards 11:30pm
Mets v Dodgers 2:30am
Sat: Cubs/pir v Dodgers 11:30pm
Mets v Dodgers 2:30am
Sun: royals v Astros 9pm
Jays v Rangers 1am

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Astros through to payoffs for first time since 2005 whilst the Yankees are booed off the pitch. Astros got two home runs, both off Tanaka. Once again the Yankees really struggled against left handed pitching. It’s the sixth straight season for the Yankees falling short of the World Series. There will be a lot of smug faces, including mine, from Mets fans at work today.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Astros through to payoffs for first time since 2005 whilst the Yankees are booed off the pitch. Astros got two home runs, both off Tanaka. Once again the Yankees really struggled against left handed pitching. It’s the sixth straight season for the Yankees falling short of the World Series. There will be a lot of smug faces, including mine, from Mets fans at work today.

:lol: I would tell them to go and drown their sorrows....... and end up with the big man in rehab.

Have you got any tickets for the Mets?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Have you got any tickets for the Mets?

I wish - they are like gold dust, how many times do the Mets make the playoffs, last time 9 years ago!!

Will be watching on the tellybox

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I wish - they are like gold dust, how many times do the Mets make the playoffs, last time 9 years ago!!

Will be watching on the tellybox

Mets v Dodgers should be a good close series, can see mets (pains me to say!) winning it.

How do you guys honestly rate your chances of going all the way?!

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Mets v Dodgers should be a good close series, can see mets (pains me to say!) winning it.

Unfortunately Mets/Dodgers will push all of the Cubs' games to the 5:00 p.m.ish hour and make us all hurry (pushing people aside and dodging bullets-better than Dodger bullets) to get home for the games. Ratings for Dodgers/Mets will still be higher despite the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry. I'm thinking about using the police siren.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

For a Mets fan I'm strangely optimistic!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm totally in the Cubs camp now, it's been too long since their last World Series success.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As I've just moved to Toronto it seems only right to jump on the Blue Jays BANDWAGON. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE in Toronto owns a piece of Jays merchandise.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
As I've just moved to Toronto

Sorry to hear that

page1crop.jpg

storm_agro_140205_620x350_2435092585.jpg

Heavy snowstorm strikes Toronto

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You want newer stories?

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/photo-galleries/snowstorm-slams-toronto-1.2216550 2/2015

You'll say I like the snow at first but when it lasts from Dec to April you will suddenly say "when will it go away?"

Actually it can be worse in Chicago depending on the year.

I have been here in January before, so I know what it's like. It's not like it's going to come as a big shock.

So what if they get snow storms? I'm just going to try and make the most of living here rather than moan about the weather (which is what everyone does in the UK anyway).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nope.... Although I live in the GTA which technically isn't Toronto, so your statement could still be true. :thumbsup:

I'm basing my findings on observations made walking around the downtown area, not particularly scientific. Also, I don't own any Jays merchandise so I've already disproved my own argument.

But there are a LOT of people walking around, looking like the Blue Jays Store has thrown up on them.

May 14, 2015
What a time for the offense to go silent Yankees. Well to be fair, its been silent for a while. Allowing only 3 runs off the Astros is nothing to be mad about, but for the second highest run scorers in the MLB, we've been poor recently. On to next year, hopefully Bird continues to fly, and Severino throws consistently. Another playoff loss is not good enough for the Yankees, and i could only imagine what George Steinbrenner would have had to say about it.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I'm basing my findings on observations made walking around the downtown area, not particularly scientific. Also, I don't own any Jays merchandise so I've already disproved my own argument.

But there are a LOT of people walking around, looking like the Blue Jays Store has thrown up on them.

That always happens when any of the Toronto teams suddenly have a sniff of success. All the glory hunters crawl out of the woodwork.

If you'd seen the Jays attendances at the SkyDome last year, you'd think they were a 2nd rate no hoper team. This year, the crowds are back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here