Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2014

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Excellent opening day come from behind win for the Giants.

D'backs turn the tables on the Giants tonight, coming back from 4 runs down to get the win (as the Giants did yesterday). A real battling performance from Wade Miley, who gave up 4 runs in the first but settled down and eventually earned the win.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
D'backs turn the tables on the Giants tonight, coming back from 4 runs down to get the win (as the Giants did yesterday). A real battling performance from Wade Miley, who gave up 4 runs in the first but settled down and eventually earned the win.

Miley was excellent after the first, and Cain was worryingly shaky. There was a bad call in the play at the plate with Pollack and Cain, but Bochy had just used his challenge on the previous play! I think the challenge rule is really annoying, and not just because the Giants lost!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Watching the Yankees lose - almost as good as seeing Palace get stuffed

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Unless there was a massive turnaround in the ninth innings last night (which I missed walking the dog) then the Mets were pretty poor against Washington.

As a novice watching my first game I would suggest their relief pitchers had a nightmare.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Twins @ the Chiefs is the freebee tonight on MLB.COM. Laptop connected to the tellybox, a Leicester / Twins double has been PUNTED. Beer is cooling in the fridge.

Perfect Friday fayre.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Twins was the freebie AGAIN tonight on MLB.com at a glorious sun-drenched Target Field. Oh boy I am being spoiled.

8-3 defeat to the Oakland A's though, Correia's pitching far too expensive. Be nice to see a WIN once in a while.

*sigh*

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How come you're not doing it this year? enjoyed the battle down the stretch...

I really enjoyed playing last year, but I also dedicated a lot of time to it, and I wanted to spend that time doing other things this year. I'm sure I'll get involved again in the future.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Minnesota Twins is the freebie tonight, ten past midnight on mlb.com, vs the Seattle Mariners at Target Field.

A startlingly decent season so far for the Twins see's the good guys at .500, a dizzying 2nd in the standings following series victories this last week against divisional leaders Detroit Tigers, and the current World Series champions the Boston Red Sox, as well as a 5-4 win aganst the Mariners last night.

I have wine. I have laptop. I have garden. I have a patio heater. THIS is what weekends are for.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Minnesota Twins is the freebie tonight, ten past midnight on mlb.com, vs the Seattle Mariners at Target Field.

A startlingly decent season so far for the Twins see's the good guys at .500, a dizzying 2nd in the standings following series victories this last week against divisional leaders Detroit Tigers, and the current World Series champions the Boston Red Sox, as well as a 5-4 win aganst the Mariners last night.

I have wine. I have laptop. I have garden. I have a patio heater. THIS is what weekends are for.

That sounds beautiful, haven't got that luxury unfortunately, and the Rangers are languishing at 20-22 and 4th in the AL West. Very disappointing so far.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That sounds beautiful, haven't got that luxury unfortunately, and the Rangers are languishing at 20-22 and 4th in the AL West. Very disappointing so far.

Horrendous injury list for Texas makes the Albion's sicknote season look positively healthy. Think we will have to accept a season of consolidation, with the bonus of some good young pitchers and position players getting valuable experience. Have got above 500 again now and have a day game today against the Twins at 605 our time if you can get to watch it.

PG

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're almost one-third into the season and things are broadly going to plan, but pre-season dark horses Toronto Blue Jays and Milwaukee Brewers are showing well. Do they have the depth to outlast the Yankees and the Cardinals?

I'm well happy with my Oakland A's, another bottom of the 9th walk-off home run last night sees off the Tigers :)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We're almost one-third into the season and things are broadly going to plan, but pre-season dark horses Toronto Blue Jays and Milwaukee Brewers are showing well. Do they have the depth to outlast the Yankees and the Cardinals?

I'm well happy with my Oakland A's, another bottom of the 9th walk-off home run last night sees off the Tigers :)

Billy Beane still doing an amazing job finding young talent and adding value to veterans. Given the A's wage bill constraints they are doing amazingly well (he says through gritted teeth!)

PG (Rangers vet from 1987/88 seasons spent working in Dallas).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The A's are one of the most amazing sides in all of sport in terms of over-achieving based on player salary. Their payroll is $83m and yet they're comfortably ahead of Texas ($136m) and 3 games up on the Angels ($156m), and all this despite losing two decent pitchers pre-season to long-term injury in AJ Griffin and Jarrod Parker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here