Bas Savage

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
From football-rumours.co.uk

My brother is bas savages mate, and I hav heard that he will sign for Bristol Rovers on a 2year deal

Any truth in that do you know??

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He signed a years contract with us in January.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If they are willing to pay, I can see him going.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If they offered money SNAP their arm off.

He is FUNNY but not actually that good, certainly not worth turning down a free for.

That said, this is a load of old TOSH.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Richie Morris said:
If they offered money SNAP their arm off.

He is FUNNY but not actually that good, certainly not worth turning down a free for.

Maybe, but without his goals we would have been relegated.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Richie Morris said:
He has done a job and obviously his goals helped. I just think if we can make a quick buck on him that would not be all bad.

Thats great if we can actually find a replacment. However I dont fancy our chances on signing anyone who knows where the goal is anymore than Bas!

Kinky Gerbils said:
He isnt very good.

He can Moonwalk which I guess makes up with his lack of a first touch.

Shit-I find myself agreeing with you and RM in the same thread. I have to go and lie down for a minute.....

Nathan Elder looks to be a better prospect for next season-he certainly looked more like a footballer than Bas ever could. Yes, without his goals we may have been relegated or, we could have bought somebody else in instead who might have scored more: we'll never know.

If the Rovers offer money-grab the cheque and cash it quick.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would be inclined to let him go there for free if they want him, just to get him off wage bill.

He is a no more than below average League 2 player and if Knight was serious about wanting promotion then he must be improved on.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's amazing that he's gone from being shit on his debut to being really good then back again to not being good enough. I'm not sure what kind of a season he will have next year but if we hadn't signed him we would have been relegated this year FACT.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
I would be inclined to let him go there for free if they want him, just to get him off wage bill.

He is a no more than below average League 2 player and if Knight was serious about wanting promotion then he must be improved on.

Think thats probably a bit harsh, what do you think about the rest of our strike force? Despite the fact that Savage has the touch of a serial rapist he does seem to find the goal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Da Man Clay said:
Think thats probably a bit harsh, what do you think about the rest of our strike force? Despite the fact that Savage has the touch of a serial rapist he does seem to find the goal.

Maybe, maybe not.

The rest of the strike force isnt good enough either really as it is.

Revell could be if had the right man alongside him.

but at the moment it looks blunt and the lack of goals backs this up.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
If we could get a fee for him then thats a good bit of business.

It would open up the way for us to get a decent experienced Striker like Forster, and maybe Bowditch ?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:

but at the moment it looks blunt and the lack of goals backs this up.

Agreed. Just think it would be a strange decision to sell the one player who has actually scored goals for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports